I can't stand the wait so I....

MsSoCalCruiser

Yeah. I'm torn. The Laguna Beach Food Truck Festival is next Saturday and I was planning to go but Erica may not be able to. We'll talk tomorrow.

Interesting. Never heard of the Laguna Beach Food Truck Festival.

Also, is it all guided or do you get some time on your own?

If you do not want the guided tour (you probably already know where everything is), you do not have to take it and can spend all of your time on your own.

Good for you! It wouldn't have occurred to me to book a BVE without accompanying someone who's sailing on the ship. Which ship?

BVE = Bon Voyage Experience. You get to play on the ship for the day.

I'm sorry Pam, I just saw your reply. I booked the Sapphire. I couldn't wait until October to see her! I'm taking one of my best friends with me so I'm sure we will have a fun afternoon. I'm going to stop by the IC, any suggestions? :D

I'm hoping, hoping, hoping I can book this tomorrow for next Saturday. Sounds great if you don't have to particpate in the guided tour. I would love to just explore on my own and do what your hubby did - go where I wanted for lunch. Keeping my fingers crossed!

I hope you and Pam get to book for next Saturday. I would call early because they did tell me that it had to be booked at least 6 days prior. I plan on going to the MDR for lunch but I would rather explore the ship on our own. I want to make a stop at every food area on the ship.:D

I couldn't bear to get off so no BVE for me but I dont know that its available here in Australia anyway. I take a 2 or 3 dayer if I need a salt water fix...check out my cruise clocks..at least it feels like a real cruise.

Sue

I'm sorry Pam, I just saw your reply. I booked the Sapphire. I couldn't wait until October to see her! I'm taking one of my best friends with me so I'm sure we will have a fun afternoon. I'm going to stop by the IC, any suggestions? :D

You'll notice that the IC is a bit smaller than on other shjps,... but check out the new dessert station in the buffet!

And take advantage of the first hour or so, before the heavy boarding starts. At 11:30 we were the the only ones at the buffet...by 2:30 the line stretched out the door and all the way to the Calypso Pool :eek:!

I hope you and Pam get to book for next Saturday. I would call early because they did tell me that it had to be booked at least 6 days prior. I plan on going to the MDR for lunch but I would rather explore the ship on our own. I want to make a stop at every food area on the ship.:D
We're having brunch in a while and will talk about this, among other things. If it's done, we need to book today.

When I called Princess about scheduling a BVE in Vancouver, I was told it was only available at some US ports. Apparently, it's available in SoCal. Does anyone have experience with it in other ports?

You'll notice that the IC is a bit smaller than on other shjps,... but check out the new dessert station in the buffet!

And take advantage of the first hour or so, before the heavy boarding starts. At 11:30 we were the the only ones at the buffet...by 2:30 the line stretched out the door and all the way to the Calypso Pool :eek:!

I've neven been on a Princess ship before so everything is new to me;). Which ships have a larger IC? Do you know what time the MDR lunch is held because I must have time to check out the new dessert station in the buffet. :p:p:p

We're having brunch in a while and will talk about this, among other things. If it's done, we need to book today.

It took me awhile but I finally figured out that you two know each other:o. Any favorite brunch spots? I hope they will let you book the BVE today. Have a wonderful day!

Which ships have a larger IC? Do you know what time the MDR lunch is held because I must have time to check out the new dessert station in the buffet. :p:p:p

The larger IC is only larger because there was room for a case displaying and selling gelato. This is on the Ruby, Crown and Emerald. All other ships with an IC had it retrofitted and there was no room for the gelato case.

Lunch in the dining room on embarkation day is usually from 12 Noon until 1:30 PM.

The larger IC is only larger because there was room for a case displaying and selling gelato. This is on the Ruby, Crown and Emerald. All other ships with an IC had it retrofitted and there was no room for the gelato case.

Lunch in the dining room on embarkation day is usually from 12 Noon until 1:30 PM.

Thank you for the dining times. Any favorite items at the IC?

I really hope to have time to check out most of the ship. Taking a look at one of the "sideways" rooms is at the top of my list. I would also like to see The Sanctuary. I have read about The Sanctuary but I can't decide if it's worth the extra cost.

We were onboard the Sapphire yesterday for lunch. Do try out Alfredo's if you can and the rice pudding in the buffet dessert station is divine. We did try the Waldorf salad and it didn't seem to be as good as I've had before, but still good.

The Sanctuary is very nice but is probably going to be sparsely used during the Alaskan season...

Here's a few photos.... it was a spectacular day yesterday in San Pedro.

7000867438_a97df18ee6_z.jpg

SapphirePrincess_27 by RickEk, on Flickr

7000862066_9ff7de8b32_z.jpg

SapphirePrincess_29 by RickEk, on Flickr

7146897035_af3f851767_z.jpg

SapphirePrincess_50 by RickEk, on Flickr

We were onboard the Sapphire yesterday for lunch. Do try out Alfredo's if you can and the rice pudding in the buffet dessert station is divine. We did try the Waldorf salad and it didn't seem to be as good as I've had before, but still good.

The Sanctuary is very nice but is probably going to be sparsely used during the Alaskan season...

Here's a few photos.... it was a spectacular day yesterday in San Pedro.

7000867438_a97df18ee6_z.jpg

SapphirePrincess_27 by RickEk, on Flickr

7000862066_9ff7de8b32_z.jpg

SapphirePrincess_29 by RickEk, on Flickr

7146897035_af3f851767_z.jpg

SapphirePrincess_50 by RickEk, on Flickr

Thank you for the pictures of the Sanctuary, that area does look lovely.

I came so close to meeting you yesterday. I was supposed to book yesterdays BVE but I got busy and forgot to call. I tried to call last Wed, but it was too late.

How did you like the BVE? Is it something that you would do again?

OK... just booked the BVE for next Saturday, 5/12, on the Sapphire. Whoo hoot! :)

Can you use the Sanctuary that first day? Seems like a great place to hang out for a couple of hours.

I'm happy for you. I hope next Saturday is as beautiful as yesterday was.:)

I've neven been on a Princess ship before so everything is new to me;). Which ships have a larger IC? Do you know what time the MDR lunch is held because I must have time to check out the new dessert station in the buffet. :p:p:p

I should have looked at your signature LOL...first-time exploring is always so much more fun!:D

You're gonna have a blast! :o<--(my smilie is jealous!)

They told me to be checked in and ready to board by 11am. There's a 30-minute tour followed by a 4-course lunch, including wine. Disembarkation is at 3pm. See you there! :) (FYI, I believe we got the last two BVE spots for this cruise.)

It took me awhile but I finally figured out that you two know each other:o. Any favorite brunch spots?
My favorite is the White House in Laguna; we've been to Dana Point and today, it was Nick's in Laguna.

Thank you for the pictures of the Sanctuary, that area does look lovely.

I came so close to meeting you yesterday. I was supposed to book yesterdays BVE but I got busy and forgot to call. I tried to call last Wed, but it was too late.

How did you like the BVE? Is it something that you would do again?

Yes. We had an enjoyable time.

OK... just booked the BVE for next Saturday, 5/12, on the Sapphire. Whoo hoot! :)

Can you use the Sanctuary that first day? Seems like a great place to hang out for a couple of hours.

Well, the Serenity dudes are taking reservations for the Sanctuary and I think they'd let you hang around. We tried out the loungers for about 15 minutes.. :)

Yes. We had an enjoyable time.

Well, the Serenity dudes are taking reservations for the Sanctuary and I think they'd let you hang around. We tried out the loungers for about 15 minutes.. :)

Sounds good! :)

They told me to be checked in and ready to board by 11am. There's a 30-minute tour followed by a 4-course lunch, including wine. Disembarkation is at 3pm. See you there! :) (FYI, I believe we got the last two BVE spots for this cruise.)

My favorite is the White House in Laguna; we've been to Dana Point and today, it was Nick's in Laguna.

I'm so happy you get to go. I'm looking forward to meeting you! I hope that lunch in the MDR goes by quickly, I want time to explore.

I will have to put both of those places on my list. Today, for me, it's the new Costco in HB, Target and Macy's at South Coast Plaza (I'm really looking forward to Macy's). I went to Macy's in Orange with some friends a few days ago and it was just terrible. It didn't even feel like I was in a Macy's (eww, is all I have to say). Have a great day!!!

Archived