I can't stand the wait so I....

MsSoCalCruiser

Do they have this for any ships in San Pedro/Long Beach? How fun! :D
I think it's available for any Princess cruise out of San Pedro (Princess doesn't cruise out of Long Beach.) However, after the Sapphire sails tomorrow, there won't be another Princess ship in San Pedro until September 20th (Coral Princess) and Sapphire (September 26th.) I might do this again on the Coral... :)

I think it's available for any Princess cruise out of San Pedro (Princess doesn't cruise out of Long Beach.) However, after the Sapphire sails tomorrow, there won't be another Princess ship in San Pedro until September 20th (Coral Princess) and Sapphire (September 26th.) I might do this again on the Coral... :)

Good to know. Thank you, Pam! :)

We're on the Sapphire. Went right to the IC and had some "snacks", then a delicious lunch with wine, checked out the changes to the buffet and we're now relaxing in the Sanctuary. I've always liked the Sapphire but now, I'm in love. So many great improvements. I really want to book a cruise on her. :) Would definitely do this again.

. . . I'll be the grey-haired lady with the pink Kipling purse. :)

You have a purse made out of Rudyard Kipling??

Seriously, I hope you're having a fantastic time! Glad you got to use the Sanctuary. If you don't come back to report further, we'll assume you found a good enough hiding place to avoid detection and are on your way to Hawaii!

You have a purse made out of Rudyard Kipling?? :D:D Your sense of humor always cracks me up. LOL'd at this one!

Seriously, I hope you're having a fantastic time! Glad you got to use the Sanctuary. If you don't come back to report further, we'll assume you found a good enough hiding place to avoid detection and are on your way to Hawaii! Ditto this, Pam. Green with envy here. :)

Almost makes me want to move to FLL if we could do the BVE there--almost.

Had a great time. It was hard to get off and I wanted to immediately book a cruise on her. Loved the updates in the Atrium, Alfredo's looked incredible, far more seating space than before, and what I found interesting, is that they now take the embarkation photos in the Atrium, near the stairs behind the elevators (with backdrops) and out of the way rather in the passage to the gangway.

I was on the Star in March and was disappointed in the IC. The chicken salad had very little chicken and lots of grapes. Today on the Sapphire, it was fantastic; lots of chicken. There was a much better selection of sandwiches other than just the tuna salad. I also noticed that they had small trays that you could use if you had more than you could carry.

Another observation was as I was leaving the dining room after lunch. It was after 1pm and they were greeting people coming to eat and not giving them a hard time.

I thought the BVE was worth the money. Delicious lunch, wine, photos, etc. I'd definitely do it again.

I'm glad I discovered this thread. We are leaving out of San Francisco on the Sea Princess next month and now my brother-in-law and his wife can join us on the ship. They have never been on a cruise ship before.

You two are cracking me up. Y'all are in serious need of a designated driver on Saturday. We may all have to chip in for a limo, as the Princess board can't afford to lose both of you to the hoosegow.

Too funny! I learned a new word today - hoosegow. Pam and I made it off the ship in tact. We ended up with just a glass of wine in the MDR. It was truly a lovely day. We also met up with the OP and her friend. Both lovely ladies. I would definitely do this again.

The Sapphire looks fabulous. The atrium area is just beautiful. I love the sanctuary. The crew we encountered today were all very friendly and helpful. I had my favorite dish at the IC which is the shrimp salad. Just as wonderful as I remembered. All in all a great day with great company.

This is such a great idea! I had no idea this could be done (without joining a passenger). I think I'll surprise my husband for our anniversary in August, with the BVE on the Star in Seattle (we live about 45 min south of Seattle)! I wonder how buying drinks will be handled, since we won't be able to hand over our cruise card to the bartender. I assume cash?

They do issue you a cruise card when you check in and you can use it for drinks just like you would do while sailing.

OP - Thanks for starting this thread. I had forgotten about this program.

My sister is visiting this summer (from Missouri) and I've booked us on the Golden Princess in Seattle on Aug 4th. While we won't be cruising to Alaska, she's thrilled that we'll have lunch and a tour of the ship.

Her only cruise experience was a Caribbean cruise on the Emerald and she's looking forward to seeing another Princess ship.

The BVE was so much fun! My friend and I had one of the best days ever. We both loved the Sapphire. She may even go on my California Coastal cruise with me!

Where do I start! We met chloedmom and Pam while we were waiting to check in. They are both a lot of fun and I am looking forward to seeing them both again.

When we finally stepped onboard, well it was first things first...We went straitht to the IC for some PRE LUNCH snacks.;) I loved the Shrimp Salad, Greek Salad and Grilled Vegetable. Chloedmom told us that the mini cheesecake was very good and it did not disappoint! Then it was off to the MDR for lunch.....I think I gained 5 pounds:o I've been on a very strict diet for a few months and lets just say that I thought I died and went to heaven!

I stopped by the stateroom that will be mine this October, small but nice. I really liked how the closet is open with no doors.

My favorite area of the ship was "The Sanctuary". We know which chairs we want to reserve!

I'm sure we will both book the BVE again. There was only one thing that we didn't like....they made us leave the ship.

OP - Thanks for starting this thread. I had forgotten about this program.

My sister is visiting this summer (from Missouri) and I've booked us on the Golden Princess in Seattle on Aug 4th. While we won't be cruising to Alaska, she's thrilled that we'll have lunch and a tour of the ship.

Her only cruise experience was a Caribbean cruise on the Emerald and she's looking forward to seeing another Princess ship.

You're welcome! It really is a great program.

Had a great time. It was hard to get off and I wanted to immediately book a cruise on her. Loved the updates in the Atrium, Alfredo's looked incredible, far more seating space than before, and what I found interesting, is that they now take the embarkation photos in the Atrium, near the stairs behind the elevators (with backdrops) and out of the way rather in the passage to the gangway.

I was on the Star in March and was disappointed in the IC. The chicken salad had very little chicken and lots of grapes. Today on the Sapphire, it was fantastic; lots of chicken. There was a much better selection of sandwiches other than just the tuna salad. I also noticed that they had small trays that you could use if you had more than you could carry.

Another observation was as I was leaving the dining room after lunch. It was after 1pm and they were greeting people coming to eat and not giving them a hard time.

I thought the BVE was worth the money. Delicious lunch, wine, photos, etc. I'd definitely do it again.

I'm thinking of maybe booking another one. We get a $39.00 credit from the BVE.

What a fun thread this has been!

I only wish it had started sooner, as there will be no more BVE opportunities in San Pedro until September. I'm glad I managed to do one in April or I'd be really bummed!

But, come next Fall/Winter/Spring, when DH says, "Where should we go for brunch?" I know what my answer will be!

Here are some photos from the BVE yesterday, including the letter we each received when we checked in:

BVE%2520Letter.jpg

For those who are sailing and wonder, "Where can I buy the soda or Ultimate card?", this was just inside the gangway after being scanned:

DSC00045.JPG

Relaxing in the Sanctuary:

DSC00077.JPG

The IC (BTW, a much better selection than I saw on the Star in March):

DSC00055.JPG

DSC00056.JPG

One of the two photos we each received:

Scan_Pic0002.jpg

Here are some photos from the BVE yesterday, :

One of the two photos we each received:

Scan_Pic0002.jpg

How cruel to give you a photo with the itinerary all the way to Vancouver and then make you get off the ship before it sails.

(On the other hand, submit the photo to Princess as proof you should get a cruise credit and credit for the days on board added to your Captain's Circle account.)

I'm thinking of maybe booking another one. We get a $39.00 credit from the BVE.

I forgot about the credit one could get if you book a new cruise. What are you thinking of booking?

How cruel to give you a photo with the itinerary all the way to Vancouver and then make you get off the ship before it sails.

(On the other hand, submit the photo to Princess as proof you should get a cruise credit and credit for the days on board added to your Captain's Circle account.)

I like the way you think! If only it would work.:)

We're on the Sapphire. Went right to the IC and had some "snacks", then a delicious lunch with wine, checked out the changes to the buffet and we're now relaxing in the Sanctuary. I've always liked the Sapphire but now, I'm in love. So many great improvements. I really want to book a cruise on her. :) Would definitely do this again.

Thanks for your trip report. I bet you had a hard time leaving her!

I forgot about the credit one could get if you book a new cruise. What are you thinking of booking?

I'm not sure but it will probably be another 3 day cruise. Less time off of work that way. I have one booked for October 2013, maybe I will book one for either November or December 2013. Are you going to book any of the 3 day, West Coast cruises?

I have a great picture of you from yesterday on the Sapphire. I will send it to you soon. It takes me forever to put my pictures on my computer. I have to retrain myself each time. :o

I can't sleep so, I was looking at your 12/01/2013 Royal Princess sailing.....What do you think? I've never been to the Caribbean.:)

Well, I think if you haven't been to the Caribbean it just might be time:) I will say the Royal's itinerary isn't the best one I've seen or been on. Basically two islands and Princess Cays. I'm booked because a couple of my friends are going.

Michelle

(former CC name chloedmom)

I'm not sure but it will probably be another 3 day cruise. Less time off of work that way. I have one booked for October 2013, maybe I will book one for either November or December 2013. Are you going to book any of the 3 day, West Coast cruises?

I have a great picture of you from yesterday on the Sapphire. I will send it to you soon. It takes me forever to put my pictures on my computer. I have to retrain myself each time. :o

I'm sure I'll book at least one of the shorter cruises. Nice way to get away and also stack up cruise credits to become elite status

Michelle

Archived