I can't stand the wait so I....

MsSoCalCruiser

Definitely wine at lunch, maybe a pisco (sp?) sour or something else somewhere. We can always go to a bar, pick up a couple of drinks and head to the Sanctuary. :) I might really need a nap before heading home.

Hmmm, you will have to tell me what a pisco sour is. With all the food and a little alcohol mixed in I think a nap in a padded lounge chair will be in order!:)

You two are cracking me up. Y'all are in serious need of a designated driver on Saturday. We may all have to chip in for a limo, as the Princess board can't afford to lose both of you to the hoosegow.

You two are cracking me up. Y'all are in serious need of a designated driver on Saturday. We may all have to chip in for a limo, as the Princess board can't afford to lose both of you to the hoosegow.
Don't worry. I'm all talk and no action. :) But we ARE gonna have fun.

This is such a great idea! I had no idea this could be done (without joining a passenger). I think I'll surprise my husband for our anniversary in August, with the BVE on the Star in Seattle (we live about 45 min south of Seattle)! I wonder how buying drinks will be handled, since we won't be able to hand over our cruise card to the bartender. I assume cash?

This is such a great idea! I had no idea this could be done (without joining a passenger). I think I'll surprise my husband for our anniversary in August, with the BVE on the Star in Seattle (we live about 45 min south of Seattle)! I wonder how buying drinks will be handled, since we won't be able to hand over our cruise card to the bartender. I assume cash?
Just like filling out your Personalizer when you book a cruise and pay your folio at the end of a cruise, you fill out all your ID and credit card info. I gather we'll have something like cruise cards we can use to charge drinks, sodas, coffee, etc.

This is embarrassing, but I always thought the people who were wondering around the ship on embarkation day were travel agents. I do not live near a port, or else I would pay the $39 EVERY MONTH!!!:D and have it be my fun day!

Good for you! It wouldn't have occurred to me to book a BVE without accompanying someone who's sailing on the ship. Which ship?

BVE = Bon Voyage Experience. You get to play on the ship for the day.

HI

have you ever booked an inside cabin single and got up-graded to a balcony. I would love to travel more and sometimes can't find anyone to go with me....would love to do a solo cabin but can only afford an inside if I do that.

Thanks

have you ever booked an inside cabin single and got up-graded to a balcony. I would love to travel more and sometimes can't find anyone to go with me....would love to do a solo cabin but can only afford an inside if I do that.
I was once in an inside and never again. It's just not for me. I'd rather have a fully obstructed oceanview. I think there's a board here on CC for solo cruisers. If not, I know there are other websites that cater to people looking for others to cruise with. You could do a Google search for those. Good luck!

Just like filling out your Personalizer when you book a cruise and pay your folio at the end of a cruise, you fill out all your ID and credit card info. I gather we'll have something like cruise cards we can use to charge drinks, sodas, coffee, etc.

The only difference between your cruise card and everybody else's is that the "Dining Room" and "Table" fields will be blank and the the voyage dates will be "5/12/12 to 5/12/12".

And (for Pam and Chloedmom) a blast from the past...the card will be blue.

If I don't get back here before Saturday, I'd like to wish the three of you "Bon!" (No "Voyage" because you're not going anywhere;))

The only difference between your cruise card and everybody else's is that the "Dining Room" and "Table" fields will be blank and the the voyage dates will be "5/12/12 to 5/12/12".

Thanks! Bummer about the blue card. :(

If I don't get back here before Saturday, I'd like to wish the three of you "Bon!" (No "Voyage" because you're not going anywhere;))

Thanks for the "Bon";)

Did anyone fill out the Passenger Immigration info on the Cruise Personalizer for the BVR? I was told to just bring my ID and that I didn't need to fill it out. I hope we don't run into any problems.:confused:
Yes, fill it out and print out your boarding pass. You can probably show up without doing so, just as you can when boarding for a cruise, but it'll take longer. Both Chloedmom and I have printed out our boarding passes. :)

Looking forward to meeting you. I'll be the grey-haired lady with the pink Kipling purse. :)

Yes, fill it out and print out your boarding pass. You can probably show up without doing so, just as you can when boarding for a cruise, but it'll take longer. Both Chloedmom and I have printed out our boarding passes. :)

Looking forward to meeting you. I'll be the grey-haired lady with the pink Kipling purse. :)

My laptop isn't connected to a printer so I guess it will take us a bit longer. I was told to just bring our DL so I hope it's ok.

I'm looking forward to meeting you both. I have dark curly hair and my friend has dark short hair that is kinda spikey.

I usually book oceanview rooms but I have an inside booked for my October, CA Coastal cruise. I booked solo so I needed to keep the cost down. I hope I get to see my stateroom during our BVE time.

What time are you two going to arrive at the port? Is it Pier 93? I'm trying to figure out what address to put in my GPS. I'm so excited!!!

What time are you two going to arrive at the port? Is it Pier 93? I'm trying to figure out what address to put in my GPS. I'm so excited!!!
We're meeting just outside the terminal at 10:45am which means I'll try to get there no later than 10:30am. It'll take time to park and get back to the terminal.

Put Harbor Blvd, San Pedro in your GPS. If you take the Vincent Edwards Bridge, there's a stop light at the end of the ramp. Go straight to enter the cruise terminal area. Same if you're going south on the 110 and follow the directions to Harbor Blvd. You'll have to circle around and back past the ships to get to the parking, I think. I've never parked there do I don't know if you can go directly to the parking lots. There's a shuttle from the lots back to the pier.

Archived