Review - Radiance - Hawaii to Vancouver (No Photos)

I was also on this sailing and they said there was an oil leak in the propulsion system.

Yes, they kept us informed. The captain came on periodically and gave us updates. It was a beautiful day to be stranded! :D

Hi Martha!

Was nice to meet you at the Meet and Mingle! :D

I was just asking my DH what "actually" broke!

Yes, it was a very nice day to be stranded! :D

For us it's a 40th anniversary trip so after the cruise the plan is to go to our timeshare in Maui, then fly home:D :)

Congratulations on your upcoming 40th Anniversary!!!! :D

I like the idea of staying in maui after the trip! Enjoy!

Hi Martha!

Was nice to meet you at the Meet and Mingle! :D

I was just asking my DH what "actually" broke!

Yes, it was a very nice day to be stranded! :D

Hi Andrea! :D

It was really nice meeting you, also! I wish we had been able to spend more time with you; the days just seemed to fly by!

Thanks for your review! My DH and I had been thinking about a cruise to/from Hawaii and this convinced me. We are booked for May 2013 on Rhapsody - Hawaii to Vancouver, with an extra stop in Victoria. Aloha!:)

Andrea - it sure was nice meeting you and all of the other "Nuts" on the ship and at the Meet & Mingle. Enjoyed your review - great job!!!! There are so many great memories that were made on this cruise - thanks for sharing!!!! Hope to see you on another cruise.

Thanks for your review! My DH and I had been thinking about a cruise to/from Hawaii and this convinced me. We are booked for May 2013 on Rhapsody - Hawaii to Vancouver, with an extra stop in Victoria. Aloha!:)

We really really enjoyed Hawaii and all the sea days! We can't wait to do it again! :D

It would be really really nice to add an extra day or two in Honolulu and then add an extra day or two at the end in Vancouver!!!!!! :D:D

I hope you enjoy Hawaii as much as we did!

Andrea - it sure was nice meeting you and all of the other "Nuts" on the ship and at the Meet & Mingle. Enjoyed your review - great job!!!! There are so many great memories that were made on this cruise - thanks for sharing!!!! Hope to see you on another cruise.

Hi Gary!

Was nice to meet you and Mean Mary too! :D

The pins were awesome - thank you again - I stuck one right into our cork board at home! Great momento of a great trip!

Thank you! I'd like to add photos next time and perhaps a bit more details! :eek:

We ran into the "Nuts" everywhere - they are a great group!

Yes, we hope to see you on a future cruise too...I'm sure I'll see you on these CC boards! :D

• 1 month later...

Princess Star--great review and agree with all of your comments. We were also on this cruise, boarded in Sydney for a B2B but our first time in Hawaii.

We so enjoyed this cruise we are seriously thinking about repeating it--we also did the OLL--what fun!

Thanks for the review--

We did this route from Vancouver to Hawaii in 2005 and I loved the 5 sea days. So relaxing. It was a nice way to see the Islands as well. We stayed a few days at the end as well.

We were almost the youngest at 33 and 29, but we enjoyed the company of the people we met. DW would rather fly there and back next time but I would take sea days again for sure.

Nice review and I am happy you had a good time.

Andrew

What time did you disembark in Vancouver? How early can one leave the ship?

Hi!

We elected to walk off with our luggage and we were some of the first off the ship. I don't recall the time, but I think it was between 8 and 9 am. We had a noon flight out of Vancouver back home.

Princess Star--great review and agree with all of your comments. We were also on this cruise, boarded in Sydney for a B2B but our first time in Hawaii.

We so enjoyed this cruise we are seriously thinking about repeating it--we also did the OLL--what fun!

Thanks for the review--

Thank you Nancy! I'm sure our paths crossed from time to time! :D We loved being stranded in the ocean while they were fixing the ship - it was such a beautiful afternoon!

I would have loved to have been on board for the Sydney B2B - I heard it was a great cruise as well.

Several of the cruisers from our Roll Call are repeating it as well - it would be great to do it again. :)

We did this route from Vancouver to Hawaii in 2005 and I loved the 5 sea days. So relaxing. It was a nice way to see the Islands as well. We stayed a few days at the end as well.

We were almost the youngest at 33 and 29, but we enjoyed the company of the people we met. DW would rather fly there and back next time but I would take sea days again for sure.

Nice review and I am happy you had a good time.

Andrew

Thanks Andrew!

Yes, it was a great way to see the islands and we wish we would have extended it both before and after! :D

We would do this cruise again in the future - so many places to go and things to see! :D

We are book on the May 6th Hawaii cruise coming into Vancouver at 7am. Our flight is at 10:30am. I'm trying to see if i can make that flight. We will be traveling first class so that helps in the check in line some but i don't want to miss the flight but at the same time, any other flight will take us home the next day...we are on the east coast. If i carry my luggage off at 8 i know we can take a cab and get to airport by 9 and make the flight at 10:30 but i don't how realistic that is....our return is a friday so not sure how many cruise ships will be in on that morning either. Trying to make an educated guess to chance it...

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
What a nice review - thanks for sharing! What time of day did you adjust your clocks forward during the sea days? On Rhapsody last year, they did it at 11:00 am, which shortened up the lunch hour.:eek:;) It really slammed the MDR staff, I'm afraid.

Terpfan, the demographic on that cruise is older than you would see on a 7-night cruise. We had something like 27 kids on RH last year, and I would guess that most passengers were in the 55+ range. But there is still plenty to do in the ports and both Radiance and Rhapsody have gyms (Radiance's is better) and other active things to keep you busy. And not everybody your parent's age is more mature than you are (thinking of myself, for example:p). There were plenty of younger adult passengers in the the disco on the nights that we went up there, although we did have the dance floor to ourselves on the first couple of nights as people got acclimated to the time zone differences.

We were blessed with smooth sailing for 4 of our 5 sea days, but that's not normal for the Pacific from what the Captains (the ship's captain and my DH, who is retired Navy) said.

Hi, Jean! The cruise was GREAT. THe Captain was Fantastic! So friendly and always around the ship. We changed time at noon, so cocktail time came earlier!! More later in FB. Lisa

Archived