Sales with non refundable deposits

sept10dsm

I just received an email for a Mother's Day Sale. The deposits are non refundable and the booking not transferable. Is this something new? Actually my last Princess cruise was a year ago today! So I stay out of the loop but get emails and have not noticed this before. Just wondering.

Yes, I did just call Princess. They did say they have had a few sales like this but they do not seem to be going over well. (at least that's what the rep. that I had said) She also said that the cruises, although you have to call on this, can be booked without that stipulation but no OBC. No big deal on that since looking at those some were only 12.50. I have never cancelled a cruise but this type of thing just makes me feel trapped into something! She also said it looks like they may not do this again next year. The prices were really not that great either. I have done the Canada/NE for 499 pp in 2009 as well as 2007 for an OV obs. I think last year similar prices. Anyway, just wanted to see about this since it was the first time I saw. Thanks!

We had a good rate for our 12 day Mediterranean cruise in June which we booked in January. When we booked in January that was earlier than we usually do what w/ the uncertainies but it was w/ a fully refundable rate so we did it. Then I saw this Valentine's Day flash sale for our Inside Cat I for little less than 100 per day pp. It was a non-refundable but at a great price. I asked and got to keep all the reservations and got the lowered price. The Princess rep was very helpful and what happens is the first cruise is cancelled and re-booked w/ a new booking number. Since it was before final payment, the billing is adjusted to show a smaller amount to be due at final payment.

I hope that Princess continues having these flash sales - I think that they do help with encouraging folks to book that otherwise would not and besides we ended up saving couple of 1000's on two PAX's.

I also cancelled and re-booked a cruise with the Valentine's Day sale. Saved me $400, since we were already committed to taking that trip. We'd only cancel it for a reason that was covered by our travel insurance, so no worries on that score. And we're almost at final payment, so once that passes, we're not risking anything anyway.

I don't want to start another non-refundable thread, so I hope it's okay for me to ask my question here. Would buying cancel for any reason insurance reimburse a non-refundable deposit, if something comes up? We called a TA to book a cruise & this was the only deposit option we were given.

I don't want to start another non-refundable thread, so I hope it's okay for me to ask my question here. Would buying cancel for any reason insurance reimburse a non-refundable deposit, if something comes up? We called a TA to book a cruise & this was the only deposit option we were given.

I did call Princess and the rep I spoke to told me you can still book without the non refundable deposit. She said you would lose the OBC. I really didn't go into much else but she said you had to call Princess to do that and not book online. I have no idea how the insurance part works. So if you didn't book yet call Princess and see what they say. Good luck

I also cancelled and re-booked a cruise with the Valentine's Day sale. Saved me $400, since we were already committed to taking that trip. We'd only cancel it for a reason that was covered by our travel insurance, so no worries on that score. And we're almost at final payment, so once that passes, we're not risking anything anyway.

We did this same thing and saved $600 pp on our upcoming Crown cruise in a mini suite. It was worth taking a chance on the non-refundable deposit since we were sure we were going and had already paid our entire fare.

I did call Princess and the rep I spoke to told me you can still book without the non refundable deposit. She said you would lose the OBC. I really didn't go into much else but she said you had to call Princess to do that and not book online. I have no idea how the insurance part works. So if you didn't book yet call Princess and see what they say. Good luck

Thanks for the info. We're booking through a TA. Hopefully, they can give us the same option.

Archived