Drinks on the Dawn....seriously???

Lthouselady

I know I'm worrying this topic to death, but one more question. The wine , soda, and water needs to be in carry on luggage. Does it count as carry on if you use one of those small wheeler carts or does it have to be over your shoulder?

You already got the actual answer (wheeler carts are ok as long as you can still get them through x-ray machine) but just to clarify, the need to carryon the sodas and water depend on the port in question - you can check the cases in with the luggage in Miami but need to carry them yourself for example in New Orleans and Tampa.

You already got the actual answer (wheeler carts are ok as long as you can still get them through x-ray machine) but just to clarify, the need to carryon the sodas and water depend on the port in question - you can check the cases in with the luggage in Miami but need to carry them yourself for example in New Orleans and Tampa.

But to clarify further, while you may be able to give porters your water and soda, you should actually carry/roll on your wine yourself, so that you can pay the corkage and not have to go to the naughty room! Your water and soda should also be clearly marked so that they are not mistaken for alcohol in your checked baggage, requiring a trip to the naughty room.

• 7 months later...

$7 for a $1 beer? WHY NOT ROB ME ON THE SIDE OF THE HIGHWAY?:mad:

Hi and welcome to Cruise Critic!

You are free to have your $1 beer on the side of the highway, many others are just fine being onboard and enjoying the beer there for the price that is asked. ;)

You can't have the cake and eat it too.

sorry if this is a repeat question but here is my question. if i find a nice bar too relax as my favorite spot on the ship, can i order a bottle of wine and have it kept there for me for future visits?? i think this would be a reall money saver for me. has anyone done or heard of this? thanks

sorry if this is a repeat question but here is my question. if i find a nice bar too relax as my favorite spot on the ship, can i order a bottle of wine and have it kept there for me for future visits?? i think this would be a reall money saver for me. has anyone done or heard of this? thanks

They will store your wine for you, yes, but I think they keep the bottles in some central location not at one particular bar. You can request your own bottle from any venue and have it brought there.

I got a better answer....just off the Dawn.

1. Pearly Kings has happy hour every day 2 for 1 wine, beer, well drinks. Prices are reasonable for first class so 2 for 1 is awesome. (4-6 pm)

2. If you love martinis...Star Bar 2 for 1 martinis everyday (5:30-7:30)...they are strong...made me forget my first night's dinner.

3. Chef's dinner...lots of yummy wine and food (about 89 a person) worth every penny....pre-dinner champagne, wine throughout, after dinner cocktail in lounge...great friends...lots of fun

I've never ordered the drink of the day, they're usually a bit fancy and froofroo for my taste. First cruise, when I lived in NY, I didn't know what people were complaining about when they said the drinks were expensive. I was used to paying $10 for a martini at a nice place and $7 for a jack and coke at a dive bar a friend of mine worked at (this was 11 years ago). Now that I live in Dallas I understand a bit better where they were coming from, but the cruise lines are in it to make money and the drinks are one of the big money makers, I'm sure.

i consider cruise ships to be like nice cities you go to on vacation. drink prices on ships are cheap in comparison. even some towns around me charge the same or more for a drink compared to the ship. the cheapest i can find in the boonies is an applebees happy hour with half priced pre mixed drinks at $4.75 ea

I can't wait to get onto the Gem for some reasonably priced drinks. We went to the Gibbett Hill Grille in the bustling metropolis of Groton MA last night.

Having an Allagash White draft and the mid-priced pinot at the bar before dinner set us back $23 with the tip.

The OP is complaining about a non alcoholic drink with a cost of $11. Her point is that the non alcoholic smoothie costs a few dollars more than NCL's alcoholic drinks.

Yes, OP I agree. $11 is really outrageous for non-alcoholic drink, I don't care what city you're in.

Thank you!

It turned out the drinks were not as expensive as I had feared, though still not cheap.

I guess I really opened a can of worms here, huh? :p

Thank you!

It turned out the drinks were not as expensive as I had feared, though still not cheap.

I guess I really opened a can of worms here, huh? :p

LOL I wasn't even reading the date of your first post until after my post above and realized this was a year ago, Good Grief! Hope you had fun , I can't wait for our cruise this year!

Archived