9:45 AM Flight

Comeoncruisin

You'd be really pushing your luck. You should be able to walk off starting at 7a.m. and carry your own luggage, but then you have to go through customs which was very fast for us at that time. Taxis are fast and easy. It takes about 15 minutes or so to get to the airport.

The airport is less crowded early and backs up very quickly as the morning progresses. It only took a few minutes to go through the agricultural screening and then maybe 15 minutes to get through security. If you have your boarding pass and breeze through security you could concievably make it in time for your flight- we were seated at our gate by around 8:30 am.

However, all our card lined up just right and we didn't experience any back-ups or delays in the whole process. It's a crap shoot and risky, but doable.

I'm not sure whether it is worth the stress of hoping that all goes according to plan though. I usually look for an 11 a.m to noon flight ideally.

We sailed on Princess, I can't say for sure what the debarking time for walk-offs are on Royal Caribbean

Is it possible, yes........but is it worth the stress. On our march cruise customs at the port decided to "slow" things down and although we were scheduled to depart around 8:30 we did not get off the ship until close to 10:30. We had a 1:00 flight so it was no big deal. Too many variables.

We have made 10:45 flights with no problem but 945 leaves no room for error. If you are the first group off maybe. It's about 20 or 25 minutes to the airport. Then getting thru security which is bad in San Juan, slow and understaffed. If it is less than 30 or 45 minutes your luggage will not make the flight. The cruise line recommends after 11:00.

We had someone on our cruise make a 8:30 flight to the west coast , I told them they were crazy but they wanted to try as it was long ways home and they had to work on Mon. Yes you can , if all goes well , but it's a crap shoot. One kink and you are staying till Monday but if you are willing to do that its worth a try.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you think we can make a 9:45 AM flight. We are planning on walking off with our luggage. We are sailing on a Royal Caribbean ship next January.

Thanks

Keep in mind that you also have to put all of your luggage through the agriculture line and then you go through security (after dropping off any checked luggage).

When we flew out of SJU, we got off the ship at 8am......it was a little after 10am before we sat down in the airport. This included getting luggage, getting a taxi, going through the agriculture line, dropping off checked luggage & going through security AND this was with only 1 cruise ship in port that morning. I couldn't imagine what SJU would be like with more than 1 ship coming back......:eek::)

Would I chance a 9:45am flight out of SJU? NO way....

Archived