1st time switched to a TA

OK, I did it switched from RCCL to a TA. I got $100.00 OBC, my grats. paid for and 2 specialty restraunt certificates....feels good. I hope I dont regret it..I liked being able to talk to a rep 24/7 so I had to give on that. But it will be nice having the grats already out of the way :)

I hear people all the time talking abt the perks, but going thru the cruise line you just dont gets those. On my last cruise in February I talked to other CC members at the M&M and they said they "ALWAYS" go thru a TA to get the Max for the Min.... LOL

I keep telling myself it will be ok...right!

Wow, those are great perks--I need to look around more! The guy we used gave us our choice of $100 OBC or travel insurance (we took the insurance). Sounds like there are better deals out there!

We just got back from the Enchantment yesterday, and I had zero problems using a TA--just sent him an email with any questions. And since I was new to RCI, it probably worked better for me.

We always use a TA(friends of ours). The "perks" you receive are just part of the TA's commissions they're giving back in order to keep/attract new business. Our friends usually give us a bottle or two of wine and flowers or something similar. TA's get limited commissions now from other travel reservations, but the cruiselines still pay them. We try to book onboard (all but two of our RCI cruises) and since our TA is on our record, they just automatically notify them.

The larger TA companies will have the best "perks" as they are working on bulk, but that usually means not as good customer service. Having a TA as a good friend makes it all very easy. Our TA friends are cruising with us next March on EX.

OK, I did it switched from RCCL to a TA. I got $100.00 OBC, my grats. paid for and 2 specialty restraunt certificates....feels good. I hope I dont regret it..I liked being able to talk to a rep 24/7 so I had to give on that. But it will be nice having the grats already out of the way :)

I hear people all the time talking abt the perks, but going thru the cruise line you just dont gets those. On my last cruise in February I talked to other CC members at the M&M and they said they "ALWAYS" go thru a TA to get the Max for the Min.... LOL

I keep telling myself it will be ok...right!

We have done it both ways and have always had good results with RCI directly, but have used the same TA now for about 12 years or so. In our case this is far easier as she knows us well, understands our interests and stateroom and dining preferences, etc., and searches for upgrades and other discounts proactively on our behalf. She also has all of our information at hand and does all our boarding docs, preboard stuff, and luggage tags. (we do our own onboard and shore reservations). We also always end up with some sort of on-board surprise from her, which is very nice. Even if we do an on-board booking we have the reservation transferred to her, which RCI does willingly. (they always ask at the time of booking). As I said, RCI directly has worked out well for us in the past, but we have a real comfort level with our TA and will continue to work through her as a result.

Archived