Eurodam, trans-atlantic

ON cruiser

For those interested in "crossings" I have posted a review of our April TA. Generally a very good cruise, overall. Not noted in the review was the fact that the dining room stewards now take drink orders, with the wine servers strictly responsible for wine. This worked well at our table for 4 , and our DR service did not suffer at all. When asked, the culinary ops mgr stated thst the goal was to enhance drink service, but obviously, for those on other threads who noted concern, the theory may not be borne out by the practice. Still, it worked quite well for us, on this cruise.

Smooth sailing, all.

Looks like you had a great cruise. I watched you leave from the 17th street bridge and followed a day later on the Celebrity Solstice. I try not to compare while on a cruise but after having just watched it leave it was hard to resist wishing I'd been with you.

I am better off for having tried them once but you'd better believe if I was doing it again I'd have been on the Eurodam.

Roy

Very nice review. Thank you for taking the time ti write it.

We experienced this new system in the dining on the Maasdam in Feb. Less work for the wine stewards -- more work for the steward which is slowing done the service of the meals if a lot of drinks are ordered.

Nice review and thanks.

Here is the link for anyone else who wants to read it.

Thanks so much for providing the link to the review:)

Great review op - very interesting and a good read.

thanks for taking the time to share with us.

We too had the new wine service and it had no bad impact on us:D other than the initial surprise ;)

Archived