Carnival Legend - cabin safe?

DrPepper41

Can someone who has been on the Legend before tell me if the cabin safes use a PIN to open or if they use a magnetic strip (like an old gift card).

And, maybe this is a dumb question - but if it uses a magnetic strip to open, how does that prevent someone from opening it with their magnetic strip?

Every magnetic strip is coded different. If you use your strip ... my strip wouldnt open it.

It would be like all credit cards having the exact same number, which would never happen.

I never can remember which use a number or a card to open.

Can someone who has been on the Legend before tell me if the cabin safes use a PIN to open or if they use a magnetic strip (like an old gift card).

And, maybe this is a dumb question - but if it uses a magnetic strip to open, how does that prevent someone from opening it with their magnetic strip?

Hi DrPepper,

I've never been on the Legend, however I did look it up for you

and the stateroom safes are magnetic strip card safes & not pin # coded.

You can use any card with a magnetic strip to lock the safe but you must use the same card to open it. I think I used a Sears card.

Every magnetic strip is coded different. If you use your strip ... my strip wouldnt open it.

It would be like all credit cards having the exact same number, which would never happen.

I never can remember which use a number or a card to open.

Mu husband and I just sailed on the Legend on May 6th....we used the safe with a old gift card....worked like a charm ! Enjoy your cruise...hope you enjoy the Legend as much a we did !!:)

Archived