On my way to Oasis

I am about 32,000 feet in the air as I type this. Technology is amazing will be landing in about an hr and1/2. Then I will be boarding beautiful oasis . So excited. Will try and keep this up as I get there .

I am about 32,000 feet in the air as I type this. Technology is amazing will be landing in about an hr and1/2. Then I will be boarding beautiful oasis . So excited. Will try and keep this up as I get there .

She is looking beautiful as ever on the webcam. I always try and get a photo of her from the air. Have fun on Lady O :)

What a good feeling that is, I'll watch your sailaway today.

Have you checked-in?

They just announced that it will be a late boarding since the coast guard is doing a drill so we will be sitting waiting for a little!! OP are asking for drinks etc very funny we are waiting though!!!

I was wondering what I was seeing on the Ft. Lauderdale webcam. They just deployed all the lifeboats on the starboard side. They're all now just parked a couple of hundred yards out.

Interesting. I can't check the webcam right now becuase I'm at work but I wonder what kind of drill it is... checking the working order of the lifeboats maybe?

We just got off of her. It's a beautiful ship I know you will enjoy! We thought about all of the lucky ones boarding today as we de-embarked! Enjoy your wonderful cruise!

Sorry to hear you're headed the wrong way, but I'm sure you enjoyed it and will be back! We're on her next week!

Interesting. I can't check the webcam right now becuase I'm at work but I wonder what kind of drill it is... checking the working order of the lifeboats maybe?

They regularly test various aspects of the lifeboats and safety handling, as if they don't work in an emergency, that would be real bad.:eek:

I suspect that since the common side to the pier is starboard, when testing the starboard side safety equipment, that they will do as much as they can in one go (which means when I board her next Saturday, she will likely be back to the starboard side to the pier).

I know you are on right now and in WOW!!!!! jealous in a way, but we all must wait our turn and in good order! My day is coming, I know!

You flew in on the day of the cruise and it worked out well, huh?

Also, Can you see Oasis from the plane as it lands?

Keep us up to date!!!!

Archived