Grand Turk- Margaritaville- anyone tell me about drinks?

RyanDMB99@aol.com

We're headed here in September- just wondering what the actual cost of the over priced drinks are? Just want to know so i know what to expect!

Hi Ryan,

I took a scan of my Margaritaville (drink menu) from Grand Turk, for you. . .:)

This should answer most of your drink questions, I will drop it below. (Four photo's) Enjoy!

If you stop by Jack's Shack, be sure to say hello to 'Topher'..

Scan0004.jpg

scan0003.jpg

scan0002.jpg

scan0001.jpg

Edited by PortSideCruzan

We're headed here in September- just wondering what the actual cost of the over priced drinks are? Just want to know so i know what to expect!

another vote for jacks shack

Edited by mikel24m

Ok so jacks shack for jerked chicken, local bar for drinks, m-ville for ambiance ... That about the consensus? I'm really excited for this trip we have only been to Nassau and Freeport before. Now we will see Grand Turk, and Half Moon Cay.

You forgot about the Crew Bar & Big Daddy's at White Sands Resort between M'Ville & Local Bar! We plan to bar hop to all of them next month!

Jacks Shack has a facebook page....look it up. DD and I spent the day there back in February.

Its a 10 minute nice walk along the shore...you'll see his blue sign as youre coming into Grand Turk. Jack and Janet are very friendly....if youre a pretty girl be aware that Jack will try to sell you a Jacks Shack thong...he has them hanging over the bar!

Be sure to meet the resident dogs, Cooper and Topher....go to the beach and tell Topher to get a crab! Hilarious but stand back!!!

The jerk chicken is really really good and be sure to have Janet make you a Sandy Vagina...very good....I had 4, or maybe 5? I dont remember...lol

If I ever, or rather WHEN I visit Grand Turk again...Im heading to Jacks! It was a very good day.

• 9 months later...

So they add 26% tax to these prices?? Do you have the menu prices for the food? How old is this menu?? We are going in Jan 2014 Thanks!

Hi Ryan,

I took a scan of my Margaritaville (drink menu) from Grand Turk, for you. . .:)

This should answer most of your drink questions, I will drop it below. (Four photo's) Enjoy!

If you stop by Jack's Shack, be sure to say hello to 'Topher'..

Scan0004.jpg

scan0003.jpg

scan0002.jpg

scan0001.jpg

• 2 months later...
We will be there in a month. Anything new? Thinking of heading there after snorkling.

http://www.jacksshack.tc

Its not actually a shack lol

If you like expensive drinks and food Margaritaville is your place

If you don't mind a walk down the beach we loved jacks .Good drinks ,good food ,not expensive and nice and quiet. Jack and Janet are owner operators

Not sure of the exact price but they were definitely more than the drinks on the ship. Also the bartender had to ask another bartender how to make a drink off the menu. Then when we finally got it it was way watered down. Had no flavor. We would have asked for another but had already waited for that one for 45 min so we cut our losses and left. That's one thing about the ship drinks they weren't lacking alcohol in my experience

DW and I were in GT back in March 2012 on Carnival Liberty. We walked through MV...place was packed. So, having read up on Jack's Shack here on CC, we hiked down the beach. Not a bad walk, I didn't see any broken glass or rusty wire. Wife got some sun and I had a few drinks at the bar. Yes, a bit pricey but good. Watched the dogs frolic in the surf and then dry themselves on some unattended Carnival beach towels. The water is beautiful and you have a good view of the ships. Enjoy your day in GT.

In MoBay, Jamaica in January we paid $20+ for one Red Stripe and one margarita! That doesn't add up looking at the prices on that menu!

That sounds about right for Margaritaville,we haven't been to one in years but I remember frozen virgin drinks being about $10

big rip off

We will be there in a month. Anything new? Thinking of heading there after snorkling.

I was there last Wednesday, May 29, 2013 (4th visit). I'm not a big fan of Jack's Shack either. It didn't live up to the hype and it most definitely is a long walk. So we didn't bother going there last week. We stopped at the Local Village Bar and they were selling beer only. No other alcohol was offered. I read over on the GT boards that they were closed down for a while so it appeared from my visit that they are not fully operational yet. Corona was $4.50 and it tasted like it was skunked. The wifi did not work either. We then tried the Crew Bar (which was my favorite based on past visits - see pics posted earlier in this thread). However, it too was closed. The beautiful pool that we used last year looked abandoned and was completely green with algae. We then stopped at the next bar on the way back towards this ship. This bar (I forget the name) is owned by the White Sands Resort (as was the Crew Bar) and is just past the Carnival section of the beach. It was very nice and the restrooms were clean. All beer was $5 and all mixed and frozen drinks were $7. We also had conch fritters and poutine...both were yummy. We hit M'ville for the last few hours of the day and had a blast. Great party atmosphere, DJ, contests, and lots of jello shots. It cost us $23 for a Bahama Mama and 1 beer. Yes its outrageously expensive and that's why we hit the other bars before going there! They don't pressure you to buy anything. You can just enjoy the pool if you want. There are three sections to the pool so you don't have to be right in the heart of the madness if you don't want to. To each their own but we LOVE M'ville!

Another vote for Jack's! We went to Jack's first and had lunch & some drinks, then headed back to M-Ville and hopped in the pool and had a drink there..... it wasn't as good as Jack's!

Yep Jack's Shack is for me, four time I have been there, great cold local beer, I love their Cracked Conch.

Went to GT last month. We rented a golf cart and did some sight seeing. Then we ended up a jacks, the drinks where strong and reasonable. Even had some jerk chicken. We bought a few bottles of Leroy's jerk sauce. Can't wait to go back. IMO margaritaville was crowded.

image.jpg.9aa74bd9c502738c3f55ac71dca71eb9.jpg

Edited by RIGUY40

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Just wondering the last post here is over a year old....has anybody been there recently? Any new inputs?

Thanks for any info

Ian

Thinking the same thing...any recent visitors, anything to add or update?