Is shampoo etc provided by Princess?

MarieAtSea

Just be sure you like the eucalyptus scent, because that's what Princess provides. I can't bear it, so always bring my own.

I'm with Pia. I hate the provided lotion/potions because of the smell and the itch factor. I will carry my own because then I know I don't rash out on it. The smell on Princess products is very strong to me. Oh well at least on the way back I will have extra room/weight since I take a ton of L/P. (Pia does suites and I do inside/obstructed views so I guess it does not matter the cabin class on products -- they all smell like Koala Bear food!!!:D)

The soap (large for shower and small round for face) does not smell bad, has a moisturizer, and lasts a long time -- been know to ask for a couple of rounds to take home.

On our last cruise I decided to travel light also, but after a few attempts with the conditonner , I gave up and just baught some in port. I have colored hair (back to my natural 4 stades of blond...;)) so maybe that is why it did not work for me. I don't remember it leaving an eucalyptus smell , but I like eucalyptus so maybe that explains it. So I would say, give it a try, if it doesn't work for you, get some at the next port.

I'm with Pia. I hate the provided lotion/potions because of the smell and the itch factor. I will carry my own because then I know I don't rash out on it. The smell on Princess products is very strong to me. Oh well at least on the way back I will have extra room/weight since I take a ton of L/P. (Pia does suites and I do inside/obstructed views so I guess it does not matter the cabin class on products -- they all smell like Koala Bear food!!!:D)

The soap (large for shower and small round for face) does not smell bad, has a moisturizer, and lasts a long time -- been know to ask for a couple of rounds to take home.

Pia does suites? :eek: Whatever gave you that idea? I have never ever had a suite, and only twice in 57 Princess cruises have had a mini. One they gave us; one we paid for. True, we don't do insides, but very often have OV obstructed.

I am another one that likes the shampoo and conditioner as well as the soap that is provided by Princess. Now if they only would provide toothpaste and deodorant, I could really pack even lighter!:rolleyes:

They tried eucalyptus flavored toothpaste a while back, but it didn't really catch on. :D

The bar soap for shower and hands does not have a eucalyptus smell. I find it to be quite nice, especially as my skin reacts to perfumed soaps - and I have no problem with what Princess provides

Not sure what ship you were on but every Princess Cruises ship we've been on has an electric hair dryer, wall mounted. It has been quite adequate for drying our hair.

My information is from the "Princess Secrets they don't tell you" thread.

These and many more like them:

Posted by cruisefan22 10) If you have a hairstyle that heavily relies on styling it with a hairdryer, consider bringing one from home. The hairdryer in the room is adequate, but that’s about it.[/i]

Posted by Princess422

I thought passengers are not allowed to bring hairdryers on board? If that is not the case - or if it is one of those rules that is never enforced - I would really love to know, because my long hair takes FOREVER to dry with the crappy one in the cabin. My tiny $9 Revlon travel hairdryer works 10x better, so if I can bring it on board next month, I will!

Hair is a very personal thing. But I know the hotel type hairdryers they have and since I have curly hair that I have to tame they just don't style my hair properly. Each to their own, but for those who have frizzy or curly hair it is good advice to bring your own dryer if you want to tame your hair! It will probably be the same people who choose not to use the on board shampoo and conditioner.

Archived