Is shampoo etc provided by Princess?

MarieAtSea

I specifically asked this question with my TA when I booked the cruise with Princess because the last time we sailed with RCCL they did not provide any toiletries at all which I thought was rather poor bearing in mind the price we had paid. Very poor treatment. Glad Princess is not following in their footsteps. We too like to travel light and of course there is always the other idea of replenishing our bathroom at home if we like the goodies. :rolleyes:

I specifically asked this question with my TA when I booked the cruise with Princess because the last time we sailed with RCCL they did not provide any toiletries at all which I thought was rather poor bearing in mind the price we had paid. Very poor treatment. Glad Princess is not following in their footsteps. We too like to travel light and of course there is always the other idea of replenishing our bathroom at home if we like the goodies. :rolleyes:

I like to pack light

Just be sure you like the eucalyptus scent, because that's what Princess provides. I can't bear it, so always bring my own.

Just be sure you like the eucalyptus scent, because that's what Princess provides. I can't bear it, so always bring my own.

Different strokes, of course.... I like the eucalyptus scent (my elementary school playground was lined with eucalyptus trees, so maybe that's why I like the smell) and have just broken out the Princess bottles that we have stored in anticipation of our upcoming cruise! :p

I am another one that likes the shampoo and conditioner as well as the soap that is provided by Princess. Now if they only would provide toothpaste and deodorant, I could really pack even lighter!:rolleyes:

Does the soap smell like eucalyptus, too? I'm one who doesn't care for the smell. I'd love to know if I'm going to need to bring my own bar of soap.

Yes, the shower gel does smell ike eucalyptus. I find it refrreshing but some people don't like it. Bring your own bar of soap.

Does anyone know what the Linen Mist smells like (hubby is Elite so we got the upgraded stateroom amenities)? What are you supposed to do with it? Make your duvet smell better?

From a site that sells linen mist:

Our scented linen mist infuses freshly ironed clothing and bedding materials with an uplifting fragrance.

• Can be added to water in steam iron for fresh-scented clothing.
  • Freshens blankets, sheets, pillows, and towels.

From a site that sells linen mist:

Our scented linen mist infuses freshly ironed clothing and bedding materials with an uplifting fragrance.

• Can be added to water in steam iron for fresh-scented clothing.
  • Freshens blankets, sheets, pillows, and towels.

Sleeping in a bed of eucalyptus ... :D

Does anyone know what the Linen Mist smells like (hubby is Elite so we got the upgraded stateroom amenities)? What are you supposed to do with it? Make your duvet smell better?

I don't know about their linen mist but when I travel anywhere, I bring my Lavender Linen Mist with me. Spritz the linens and I sleep like a baby!

I just got off the Diamond after 35 days and my Linen Mist stayed under the sink all that time; where I put it on day one.

I like the shampoo & soap, but the conditioner on our last Princess cruise did not work well on my fine, straight, easily-tangled hair. I thought I would pull out half of my hair, trying to get the tangles out after washing it! I bring my own conditioner now.

Does the soap smell like eucalyptus, too? I'm one who doesn't care for the smell. I'd love to know if I'm going to need to bring my own bar of soap.
The bar soap for shower and hands does not have a eucalyptus smell. I find it to be quite nice, especially as my skin reacts to perfumed soaps - and I have no problem with what Princess provides

The hairdryer is the hotel type with a tube out if the wall. Ok for drying but not for styling hair. Would depend on your hair type if you need to bring your own.
Not sure what ship you were on but every Princess Cruises ship we've been on has an electric hair dryer, wall mounted. It has been quite adequate for drying our hair.

I've found that my own shampoo performs differently on board due to the water, as it is Purified and desalinated. However would never rely on the ship provided products for 2 weeks in the Mediterrean, my hair would be like straw! With the sun and swimming!

Gillian

Archived