What time Do I Book My Flight Home??? PLEASE HELP

beachpearl

Hi,

I am a first time cruiser and will be on the NCL Sky.

I am flying in the day before so I am ok with the inbound flight.

However, I really do not know around what time to book the flight back home. I don't know how long debarkation takes and if there is transportation readily available that will go to the airport once I get off the ship.

I plan to carry my own luggage off because I don't like the idea of leaving it outside the cabin.

I also plan to have breakfast and don't mind being one of the last to leave. I'm not an early riser, so I am not going to be rushing to get off the ship.

I think the ship docks at 8:00, but I don't know what happens from there.

Any input, thoughts, ideas and advice would be greatly appreciated!

:)

What port will you be at?

Besides what port - important info - what time does NCL recommend you book?

On the other hand, if you don't wish to rush off, just book an early afternoon flight. That would be safe in most every situation.

Generally, around noon is recommended, but your port/airport can make a difference! If you're cruising from the Port of Miami and flying from MIA, anything after 10:45 am will work. Same with Port Everglades/Ft. Laud.....very, very close. Cabs are plentiful at both ports/airports.

Other ports may vary!

You WILL be an "early riser" on the last morning...you have to be OUT of the cabin by 8am! The last morning is anything but relaxing!

Ah, just checked. Sky is out of Miami. NCL recommends 6 hours between docking and flight, but that seems a little long to me. You would probably be just fine with anything from noon on, but if you have mobility needs or an excessive amount of luggage or smal children, plan on longer.

before the cruise ends you will receive a form that you fill out telling the cruise line what time your flight is, and whether you are using cruise-line transfers. Based on that you will be given a time to disembark. If you have an early flight you'll be in the earlier group to get off the ship. If you have a later flight, you'll be given a later time to disembark.

Within that time range, it can take about an hour to get off the ship. There are tons of cabs and shuttles at the port going to the airport.

If the ship isn't arriving until 8 (lots of them arrive at 6 or 7) I would say noon or 1 should be plenty of time.

Generally, around noon is recommended, but your port/airport can make a difference! If you're cruising from the Port of Miami and flying from MIA, anything after 10:45 am will work. Same with Port Everglades/Ft. Laud.....very, very close. Cabs are plentiful at both ports/airports.

Other ports may vary!

You WILL be an "early riser" on the last morning...you have to be OUT of the cabin by 8am! The last morning is anything but relaxing!

LOL - glad you told me that! I'm such a newbie I didn't know that either.

:D

before the cruise ends you will receive a form that you fill out telling the cruise line what time your flight is, and whether you are using cruise-line transfers. Based on that you will be given a time to disembark. If you have an early flight you'll be in the earlier group to get off the ship. If you have a later flight, you'll be given a later time to disembark.

Within that time range, it can take about an hour to get off the ship. There are tons of cabs and shuttles at the port going to the airport.

If the ship isn't arriving until 8 (lots of them arrive at 6 or 7) I would say noon or 1 should be plenty of time.

That's very helpful of the cruise line - I had gotten documents like that from a few Carribean resorts that i have stayed at giving me instructions the night before I leave. I feel better now that I know they will do that.

Archived