Where's the Lobster!!?

Just had an awesome time on the Monarch of the Seas, even though it rained on us everyday but the departure day. BUT I had 4 new cruisers with me and bragged to them about Lobster night. WELL, on the last night of the cruise and still no lobster I asked our server and he said they were no longer having lobster night but you could order a whole lobster for $25!

Is this something new or have I missed something?

As I mentioned we did have a great time on the Monarch. It did not have all the new things like we had on Freedom last year but we all had a good time. We saw very little signs of wear and the crew was very hospitable.

Just had an awesome time on the Monarch of the Seas, even though it rained on us everyday but the departure day. BUT I had 4 new cruisers with me and bragged to them about Lobster night. WELL, on the last night of the cruise and still no lobster I asked our server and he said they were no longer having lobster night but you could order a whole lobster for $25!

Is this something new or have I missed something?

As I mentioned we did have a great time on the Monarch. It did not have all the new things like we had on Freedom last year but we all had a good time. We saw very little signs of wear and the crew was very hospitable.

Lobster has not been served on 3/4 night cruises for years. We did have it on a 5 night Enchantment cruise though.

We just returned from a b2b2b on Radiance to Alaska. Lobster was served on the last night of week one and two and then on the second to last night on week 3. Why the change on the last week I have no clue.

The tails were huge and prepared beautifully.

Really? Glad I learned this before our cruise in a couple weeks. Thanks!

The only time I have had lobster on a royal ship is on Freedom doing an eastern Caribbean cruise , it was served on formal night .four other cruises on royal around the med , no lobster on any of them .

We cruised around the med with P&O once and they served lobster on the formal night , does make me wonder why royal don't serve it on the med cruises .

As previously stated the 3/4 night cruises do not have lobster night and yes you can purchase lobster every night off of the specialty menu. The lobster available for purchase was new to me.

It also varies tremendously in quality...

Can be deliciously moist...

Can be dry, tough and chewy...

No guarantees!

I find it depends upon where the lobster comes from. If it's Caribbean rock lobster I pass (tough, dry, salty and chewy) but if it's maritime, PEI, Maine area it's so sweet and moist. The best lobsters in the world.

Archived