Ice supplied bay whom??

justjim312

I was on the same cruise as GSU Paintballer--the Ecstasy from May 21 - May 26. There was NO ice bucket in our room. We ended up by going to the Lido buffet just before bedtime and filling up our plastic water bottles with ice when we wanted it.

We were on the Triumph in February and we had an ice bucket which was filled every evening, but we only needed a little ice occasionally.

I do think it's a waste of time and water to fill the ice buckets once or twice daily, but I do think that you should be able to request ice, especially at the end of the day, and have it delivered QUICKLY to your stateroom.

Thank you. I actually wondered if it might even be attributed to our room steward until it was verified by room service and Guest Services. What was your room number, if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2

O.M.G.... stop the madness!! I didn't believe it at first. But sadly, now I think I do. No more Fun Farewell Party, the pathetic new loyalty program, and and and and. What in the H is going on Carnival???:confused:

(Although I would gladly go help myself to as much ice as I need if there were ice machines available for the guests. LOVED being able to do this on the Triumph.)

I was on the same cruise as GSU Paintballer--the Ecstasy from May 21 - May 26. There was NO ice bucket in our room. We ended up by going to the Lido buffet just before bedtime and filling up our plastic water bottles with ice when we wanted it.

We were on the Triumph in February and we had an ice bucket which was filled every evening, but we only needed a little ice occasionally.

I do think it's a waste of time and water to fill the ice buckets once or twice daily, but I do think that you should be able to request ice, especially at the end of the day, and have it delivered QUICKLY to your stateroom.

Why didnt you just call room service?

Ive been on cruises where theres no ice buckets in the rooms. You call room service, they bring you ice, and then you tell your room steward to refillnit when they clean your room

Seems like a lot of changes all coming at once. Let's get them all out in the open so we know what we can expect. No use in booking cruises months out and even into the next year or two if you don't know what the product is going to be.

Seems like a lot of changes all coming at once. Let's get them all out in the open so we know what we can expect. No use in booking cruises months out and even into the next year or two if you don't know what the product is going to be.

That's the exact point I was trying to make a couple days ago when they were all talking about the new incentive program. You purchase something with assumption the buyer is going to receive the goods that are advertised. Then, somewhere between "date of purchase" and "date of delivery," the product has decreased. That's just WRONG on so many levels. Customer NO-SERVICE at it's best. :cool: If I had to compare it to a store, I'd say it's beginning to resemble "Best Buy" (aka "worst buy")

Just read in a recent review that your room steward o longer supplies ice to your room. If you want ice you now call room service. And I guess the wait is rather long. Is this another cut back by CCL? Anyone else experience this on any CCL ship yet?

This month on Fascination, our room steward kept us supplied with ice.

Maybe someone is getting confused with RCCL. I know you have to request ice from the cabin steward before they will fill the ice bucket. There is a card by the ice bucket saying "filled upon request."

But I was just on the Triumph and had ice twice a day without requesting it.

You never know. Maybe you'll get bonus points for booking way out in advance.

Can anyone say inflatable ice bucket/chiller?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/412Mb633YrL.jpg[/MG]

but I refuse to believe there were no ice buckets on the ship. There must have been something else going on.

I'm sorry you feel that way. Again, as I've stated multiple times, this was confirmed by not only the room steward, but also room service and Guest Services.

Like I said, maybe it's an Ecstasy thing.

Maybe someone is getting confused with RCCL. I know you have to request ice from the cabin steward before they will fill the ice bucket. There is a card by the ice bucket saying "filled upon request."

But I was just on the Triumph and had ice twice a day without requesting it.

Haven't been on a cruise with RCCL since 2006.

I'm sorry you feel that way. Again, as I've stated multiple times, this was confirmed by not only the room steward, but also room service and Guest Services.

Like I said, maybe it's an Ecstasy thing.

I'm not doubting you. I just don't believe it is any sort of trial and think there must have been something else going on during that cruise. If more and more people report that from other Ecstasy cruises and it continues, then I'll have to retract my statement.

In the meanwhile others are propagating false statements of fact that ice buckets and ice have disappeared. IMO yet another false rumor that will go on and on and on...

I firmly believe this will end up on JH's Facebook page...people complaining they don't get ice any longer on cruises. JH will investigate and find that isn't the case and that will confirm his opinion that CC members are a bunch of nuts.

I firmly believe this will end up on JH's Facebook page...people complaining they don't get ice any longer on cruises. JH will investigate and find that isn't the case and that will confirm his opinion that CC members are a bunch of nuts.

*Like*

I don't think John will have to look too far. He probably has an ice bucket sitting in his cabin. :p

I'm not doubting you.

In the meanwhile others are propagating false statements of fact that ice buckets and ice have disappeared. IMO yet another false rumor that will go on and on and on...

No one has said ice buckets and ice have disappeared. They said over and over you have to request the ice from room service which on the Ecstasy took a long time. There wer no ice buckets in the cabins. Once you manage to procure said bucket I would ass -u-me filling it would become simpler. you could schlep to the Lido and fill it yourself, perhaps ask the steward, although I read a post stating the steward directed the pax to use room service. Either way I do not believe this is a false rumor and it is insulting to the poster that had it happen to them that you continue to denounce their integrity.

Additionally you were the one who kept stating over and over that the

" rumors" of free cappuchino/ expresso being taken away were a lie. We all know how that ended. :D

No one has said ice buckets and ice have disappeared. They said over and over you have to request the ice from room service which on the Ecstasy took a long time. There wer no ice buckets in the cabins. Once you manage to procure said bucket I would ass -u-me filling it would become simpler. you could schlep to the Lido and fill it yourself, perhaps ask the steward, although I read a post stating the steward directed the pax to use room service. Either way I do not believe this is a false rumor and it is insulting to the poster that had it happen to them that you continue to denounce their integrity.

I believe what happened on Ecstasy happened. I am not denouncing them. I am saying flat out that I don't believe it represents a trend for Carnival. I think there was something else going on.

If it was a trend, there would be 500 different threads on it by people who experienced it.

The overwhelming majority of posters on the topic say their ice buckets runethed over on recent cruises.

Additionally you were the one who kept stating over and over that the

" rumors" of free cappuchino/ expresso being taken away were a lie. We all know how that ended. :D

Only on one ship. People whined about it and the coffee anyway. So Carnival listened and replaced with a superior product. Some are still whining. Carnival can't please everyone, but they do know their target market.

I believe what happened on Ecstasy happened. I am not denouncing them. I am saying flat out that I don't believe it represents a trend for Carnival. I think there was something else going on.

If it was a trend, there would be 500 different threads on it by people who experienced it.

The overwhelming majority of posters on the topic say their ice buckets runethed over on recent cruises.

Okay so this is my new favorite word. Again I will report what happens on the Miracle. It sounds like a fleet wide phenomenon is a brewin' but I will assuredly let you know.

Archived