Ice supplied bay whom??

justjim312

Just read in a recent review that your room steward o longer supplies ice to your room. If you want ice you now call room service. And I guess the wait is rather long. Is this another cut back by CCL? Anyone else experience this on any CCL ship yet?

Just read in a recent review that your room steward o longer supplies ice to your room. If you want ice you now call room service. And I guess the wait is rather long. Is this another cut back by CCL? Anyone else experience this on any CCL ship yet?

:confused:We had our ice bucket filled automatically pre-dinner every night.

I'd say the credibility of that reviewer is low. Ice is still supplied.

We had to leave a note on the mirror if we wanted ice. After 2 days, the steward usually kept it full but not always. It is MUCH FASTER if you order a bucket of ice from room service using the TV. I called room service twice and no matter what I asked for, she said they were out of it. Tried ordering from the TV and Wha La...it was at our door within 15 mins.

Ice still supplied by steward.

I wish I could supply the link but it was posted by Gus paintballer on his review of his cruisohio the Ecstasy of may 21'2012 to HMC/Nassau/Freeport? How do I post a link?

I wish I could supply the link but it was posted by Gus paintballer on his review of his cruisohio the Ecstasy of may 21'2012 to HMC/Nassau/Freeport? How do I post a link?

No one is asking for the link or doubting someone posted it. A lot of bad info gets posted daily .. they are questioning the credibility of that poster .. not you.

Just because it was posted does not make it true.

I really depend on that ice and normally it has not been a problem. This past January it was filled often. I only saw my steward on day 1 and day 6, but thanked him for the ice. He missed cleaning and making beds (and ice)one day, and we only had towel animals 3 or 4 times, but I NEED my ice!!!!

I really depend on that ice and normally it has not been a problem. This past January it was filled often. I only saw my steward on day 1 and day 6, but thanked him for the ice. He missed cleaning and making beds (and ice)one day, and we only had towel animals 3 or 4 times, but I NEED my ice!!!!

I always wonder how people don't see their Steward. He is in his section from 7:00 or 8:00AM untill 1:00PM and from 5:00PM until 10:PM every day.:)

Mike...had ice all of last week.:D

I always wonder how people don't see their Steward. He is in his section from 7:00 or 8:00AM untill 1:00PM and from 5:00PM until 10:PM every day.:)

Mike...had ice all of last week.:D

Ive had some pretty absent ones .. maybe they are just faster workers.

The bad one we had was out there every night when I returned from dinner and again our cabin was not cleaned... after 3 nights of talking to him, still not fixed.. he then blamed ME for not telling him we changed dinner times (I talked to him three nights).

Having a slow working bad steward is not necessarily a good thing... might mean they are terrible at their job and need to be terminated.

Just got off the Ecstacy May 17th. Our room steward, Pedro, kept our ice bucket filled and also chilled our bottle of wine each day in one of the white plastic buckets they use for beer. We asked for wine glasses the first day and he brought the bucket with ice to chill our wine bottle. Everyday after, we just left the bottle of wine in the empty bucket and he iced it down in addition to our ice bucket.

I'd say the credibility of that reviewer is low. Ice is still supplied.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but I can only report my experience. Believe me, I wish it hadn't happened that way as well. That was told to me by the room steward, Guest Services and room service. There was not even an ice bucket in either of the two rooms in our group.

May I ask the reason you perceive a lack of credibility?

EDIT: To the OP, the change could be a ship-specific thing. We were on the Legend in December and did not experience that. As a matter of fact, the room steward on that cruise filled both the ice bucket that was in our room as well as a small cooler we brought along.

Personally, I think it's completely absurd that self service ice is not available anyway.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but I can only report my experience. Believe me, I wish it hadn't happened that way as well. That was told to me by the room steward, Guest Services and room service. There was not even an ice bucket in either of the two rooms in our group.

EDIT: To the OP, the change could be a ship-specific thing. We were on the Legend in December and did not experience that. As a matter of fact, the room steward on that cruise filled both the ice bucket that was in our room as well as a small cooler we brought along.

Personally, I think it's completely absurd that self service ice is not available anyway.

Don't say that last comment too loud, CCL would do that if they think they can same some money, but I actually kind of agree with you.

In that case I apologize, but I have never heard of or experienced it in 33 cruises on Carnival and yours is the first time I have ever read it.

They filled our ice bucket up twice a day on Carnival Magic in March.

I have been known to fill up an ice bucket on Lido before.

I don't think general access to the ice machines would be a good thing - a little noro here and there could shut down an entire deck. Especially after seeing how some people don't use the food tongs on Lido and/or lick their fingers before picking them up.

I was on the same cruise as GSU Paintballer--the Ecstasy from May 21 - May 26. There was NO ice bucket in our room. We ended up by going to the Lido buffet just before bedtime and filling up our plastic water bottles with ice when we wanted it.

We were on the Triumph in February and we had an ice bucket which was filled every evening, but we only needed a little ice occasionally.

I do think it's a waste of time and water to fill the ice buckets once or twice daily, but I do think that you should be able to request ice, especially at the end of the day, and have it delivered QUICKLY to your stateroom.

So simple, you call room service for ice initially and your steward can keep it full/refilled when they service your room. People on here got to lighten up

That works when room service is effective. It was not on our cruise, however.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2

Archived