CoCo Cay Security of items?

How secure are your items such as towels, snorkeling gear etc on Coco cay?

Am I going to be safe enough to leave them on a chair if I walk around. Or do we need to make sure a family member stays and watches all our stuff. I was not sure how big the lockers were. This is our first cruise and I am not sure what to expect.

Thanks

Towels & snorkling gear should be fine...if you are going in the water I would have a family member stay with any wallets or camera's left behind...although I generally am by myself on the island & have never had a problem with anything left on my chair...if I'm in the water I just make sure my wallet & camera are tucked down in the bottom of my tote bag...and cover the bag with my towel...if going to lunch or exploring I pick up my things & bring them with me...no problem finding another chair when I am ready to come back to the beach...

We simply don't bring anything of value to the beach....your towel, flip-flops, tee shirt, etc...are fine....no one wants them! Leave your expensive cameras and i-pods, etc... in your cabin!

If you're on an excursion with a boat or other vehicle, you can leave your stuff there. If you're taking a dip, you'll be able to see your stuff on the beach...you won't be that far away! Generally, watersport excursions have access to lockers. Use them if you wish.

We've never had a problem with anyone bothering our stuff....but again..we don't bring anything that others might covet!

I've been 3 times and never had anything stolen. I've never left a camera or something like that out. But my snorkeling gear has always been fine. I have put my book bag, shoes, towels in a locker and it was a good size for the $5. It's a one time use also. It's like the lockers at a skate rink. But when I'm done in the water I leave my stuff on a chair when going to get lunch. And no I don't think that's being a Chair Hog. Hope this helps and Happy Cruising

I was at Coco Cay May 15th and rented a locker for $8. Snorkel fins are too long to fit but I put my Set Sail pass, money and camera in there. They do not use keys, instead you get a wrist band with a chip in it. You are free to use any lockers anywhere on the island. I left my snorkel gear on the chair and never had a problem.

Towels & snorkling gear should be fine...if you are going in the water I would have a family member stay with any wallets or camera's left behind...although I generally am by myself on the island & have never had a problem with anything left on my chair...if I'm in the water I just make sure my wallet & camera are tucked down in the bottom of my tote bag...and cover the bag with my towel...if going to lunch or exploring I pick up my things & bring them with me...no problem finding another chair when I am ready to come back to the beach...

I do the same. We were just there last week and no problem! I wouldn't leave them out in the open...why tempt anyone? ;)

Archived