Any other UK users unable to access HAL Destination Calendar?

KBC

I have not been able to access the Destination Calendar on the HAL website over the past couple of days. Never having had an issue previously, I wondered if any other UK users were having this problem?

Yes, have tried both, but thank you anyway.

We seem to get these anomolies now and then. Another is that I cannot access any News Releases for 2012 on the HAL site when I am within the UK. During the past year, whilst in North America, Japan and Sydney, I can acess the News Releases... very odd.

I have emailed HAL but never received a response :( Hence my curiosity regarding other UK users.

Not the end of the world but disappointing if this is another piece of 'unavailable' info.

Thanks again. :)

Yes, have tried both, but thank you anyway.

We seem to get these anomolies now and then. Another is that I cannot access any News Releases for 2012 on the HAL site when I am within the UK. During the past year, whilst in North America, Japan and Sydney, I can acess the News Releases... very odd.

I have emailed HAL but never received a response :( Hence my curiosity regarding other UK users.

Not the end of the world but disappointing if this is another piece of 'unavailable' info.

Thanks again. :)

That is not good that HAL isn't answering your e-mails.

Although I am in Spain I always use HAL's UK website.

As I mentioned in another thread, when I try to get the Destination Calendar all I get is a blank screen.

Thanks KK for posting it

Carol, I too just get the blank screen. Out of interest, are you able to access any of the News Releases for 2012??

Carol, I too just get the blank screen. Out of interest, are you able to access any of the News Releases for 2012??

I have not tried to read any News Releases. I am not even sure where they are.

If you can point me where to look I will check it out

Hi Carol

I have copied the link below, however I seem to recall when I have accessed the page outside of 'Europe', the page title appears slightly different - I think it had the word 'main' in place of the word 'international'. :confused:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/news/International.action

The News Releases are accessed via the HAL homepage, beneath the 'Connect' heading on the lower section of the page - select 'News'. Then on the far left of that page, you will see 'News Releases'.

Hi Carol

I have copied the link below, however I seem to recall when I have accessed the page outside of 'Europe', the page title appears slightly different - I think it had the word 'main' in place of the word 'international'. :confused:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/news/International.action

The News Releases are accessed via the HAL homepage, beneath the 'Connect' heading on the lower section of the page - select 'News'. Then on the far left of that page, you will see 'News Releases'.

Following that link all I get is this

NEWS

Contact PR

Print page shown

FOR MEDIA

Holland America Line's fleet of 15 ships offers more than 500 cruises to 350 ports in more than 100 countries, territories or dependencies. Two- to 110-day itineraries visit all seven continents and highlights include Antarctica, South America, Australia/New Zealand and Asia voyages; a Grand World Voyage; and popular sailings to ports in the Caribbean, Bermuda, Alaska, Mexico, Canada/New England, Europe and Panama Canal.

Explore the wealth of information about our company, our fleet and our cruise offerings. As always, please contact us at any time if you require additional information.

Media Relations Contact

The following information is for media representatives only.

Holland America Line Inc.

Media Relations

300 Elliott Avenue West

Seattle, WA 98119

Phone: 1-206-281-3535

Toll Free: 1-800-637-5029

Fax: 1-206-281-0351

Email: pr@hollandamerica.com

Following Connect/News/News Releases all I get is the year/month drop-downs and then nothing else

Maybe HAL don't want us to know any of the news :rolleyes:

I selected 2011 and 'ALL' for the month and found the most recent News Release was 15th August 2011 !! :rolleyes:

Yes, same here.

Before, I had just tried 2012 and got nothing but as you say no news since August 2011.

What concerns me more than this is the lack of knowledge of the people you get to speak to on the phone. I don't think they have even been on a HAL ship :(

did you send an email to techsupport@hollandamerica.com? I found them very helpful when all I was getting from Ireland was UK pound sterling prices instead of euro. They will tell you if there is a problem with the website or if it is functioning as designed.

I have written to that address in the past concerning the 'News Release' issue, without success.

I will try it again and include my comments in relation to the Destination Calendar problem.

• 1 month later...

Pleased to report that the Tech Support people have now fixed the problem and both the Destination Calendar, and up to date News Releases, are now available on the HAL website when accessing from the UK :)

I'm in Chicago and tho my iPad does access the Destination Calendar, it lops off the key, which makes it fairly useless. Thanks for the post, KK. Now I know what all those crazy colors mean! :)

Archived