A question from a Regent Mariner "Newby"

We take our first Mariner cruise in July (28 previous cruises - but 1st time on a "Boutique Ship") and i have a question which i know one of the regulars will be able to answer.

Although we have taken up Regent`s air package, we are flying outside of the allocated flight times (one day earlier to enjoy Venice & 3 days later to soak up Nice). Therefore, we are not given the transfer packages.

So here`s the thing...on disembarkation, i have to make my way from Monte Carlo to Nice (which is not around the corner).Does anybody know how accommodating Regent will be when i ask the pursers desk if i can jump on their transport to take me back to Nice airport (I am more than willing to pay for this).

Has anybody experienced this??

Thank you

So here`s the thing...on disembarkation, i have to make my way from Monte Carlo to Nice (which is not around the corner).Does anybody know how accommodating Regent will be when i ask the pursers desk if i can jump on their transport to take me back to Nice airport (I am more than willing to pay for this).

Has anybody experienced this??

Thank you

First congrats on your excellent choice - you will love the Mariner, I'm sure.

Not really the same situation but we had made our own transport arrangements and overnighted in Istanbul at one of the hotels Regent were using and we had no problem 'hitching a lift' on the official Regent bus. But there was plenty of space - in fact two of the expected pax did not turn up for the transfer:confused:

In about a day or so after you sail Destination Services (there is no "purser" on regent ships!) will send you a disembarkation questionnaire. you put your details on that and if you want them to arrange a transfer, then say so on the form. They normally have a couple of busses going to the Nice airport anyway though you will not want to go that far!

However ! Regent transfers are hugely expensive and you can do much better on your own. Either set up a limo transfer in advance and have them waiting for you at the pier OR wait for a taxi at the pier once you have your luggage and have them take you to Nice. Cost of either will be somewhere around €100. A much cheaper way is to have the taxi take you to the Monte Carlo station and take the train from there to Nice. Trains run roughly 2-3 times an hour and it takes about 20mins. Nice train ride too as it goes along the coast.

If you look on the ports forums and specifically Nice there will be lists there of possible limo services.

here is a link to one of the many limo services...

http://www.platinium-ca.com/nice.htm

Hambaghale has it absolutely right as usual and I think yo have opted fpr the best solution, to book a private car. There are plenty of reliable services, googling Monaco port to Nice airport will have you overwhelmed with online booking suggestions.

Hello EB,

We're on your same cruise (we've loved Regent for a number of years-- the only line we sail with). Have you found the sailing's "Roll Call" yet? It's not very active, but it can be a good place to meet up with fellow passengers and ask specific questions about that particular itinerary (but so's the Regent board that you posted on-- a wonderfully helpful and friendly group of folks).

Where are you staying in Venice? Perhaps we can share a water taxi to the ship? (We arrive on July 25.)

About Nice: As we did last time we disembarked in the area, we're spending some days after in Nice, a town we like very much. (We're staying at La Perouse, as we did before.) Several Regent pax have used a transport/tour agency from Monaco that they think well of: Alain at Dream Tours. At first I was going to engage them just for the transfer, but we've decided instead to do either a half or full day tour with them upon disembarkation, after which we'll be dropped at our Nice hotel. They have a number of interesting tours on their website, and they also, of course, can arrange private tours if you want something other than their standard offerings. Private tours aren't inexpensive, but if you share with a couple of other people, the rate is much better.

Please let me know if I can help in any other way: We absolutely love Regent cruises, and I hope you will too.

If you do not feel comfortable making your own reservations, or simply do not want to take on this responsibility, you might consult Regent's "Special Services Department" for possible assistance. I have taken advantage of their expertise on several occasions and have been most pleased. This is certainly not least the expensive option but one that offers convenience and peace of mind.

Yiks! Regents private transfer services are over the top expensive, unless money is no object :) But yes on day two or so you will get a disembarkation form, they need to know what your plans and arrangments are or whether you would like a Regent option. The chioces run the range of everything from a "Private Car" which is always $$$ to bus transfers which which are more expensive than you could arrange, are not to bad...if I remember correctly in Istanbul the bus was offer at $79 per person, but my memory could be faulty. We had a private transfer arranged over the internet based on CC and Trip Advisor info and paid a bit more than what Regent offered but included a 6 hr tour ending with transfer of us and our luggage to our hotel.

Do a bit of research on CC and Trip Advisor and then call Regent and see what they can do....then you can compare. Unlike others I have NEVER had good luck getting this type of info prior to boarding the ship...but the folks on the ship and wonderful and will be very helpful!

We took a helicopter from Nice to Monte Carlo, you could do the reverse transit. It was great, we had wonderful views and a much shorter commute than Regent's transfer or a limo. It depends on what you want to see and how quickly you want to get there. We were told that traffic can be quite thick on the route between Nice and Monte Carlo. Enjoy whatever choice you make!

We took a helicopter from Nice to Monte Carlo, you could do the reverse transit. It was great, we had wonderful views and a much shorter commute than Regent's transfer or a limo. It depends on what you want to see and how quickly you want to get there. We were told that traffic can be quite thick on the route between Nice and Monte Carlo. Enjoy whatever choice you make!

Absolutely love the idea of taking a helicopter from Nice to Monte Carlo. I can only imagine how incredible the scenery was!

Hi Patti-- thanks for your good wishes and same back at you and Hizzoner for your Sept cruise. We're tentatively booked on Voyager for Aug 21 next year. I'd love to do that cruise because I haven't been to Amsterdam since college days and I've never been to Bruges at all. Plus we loved many of the other ports (Stockholm,Copenhagen, Tallinn, etc) when we did our very first Regent (Radisson) cruise to the Baltics. (Didn't enjoy Helsinki; just didn't feel much as if we were in another country.) My husband is less and less up for any kind of traveling, so not sure whether this'll happen for us.

Btw, who is "Mythologist" that you mentioned on another post?

Archived