Do they offer glass blowing classes?

tanelicus

My wife is interested in learning how to do the glass blowing thing. Do they offer classes where there is a one on one or small group experiences on the S class ships?

Been on all the ships with Corning several times and I've never seen classes. Ask and they'll tell you about classes at the Corning Museum.

My wife is interested in learning how to do the glass blowing thing. Do they offer classes where there is a one on one or small group experiences on the S class ships?

Hi Tanelicus,

Celebrity does not offer classes. Nearly impossible to offer on a Cruise ship, especially when the molten product is about 2000 degrees. However, you get a very interesting education just watching the wonderful artisans from Corning. I believe you can attend beginner classes at Corning.

On Edit : Here's a link to the classes offered at the Corning Museum of Glass : http://www.cmog.org/programs/classes

I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

Never seen them offered on the ship but do an internet search of glass studios and artists in your area and see if they offer classes.

My wife got a class for us for our anniversary last year. We are in Connecticut. It was a lot of fun and when we were on Solstice in January I had a whole new appreciation for the glass artists and their skill.

Ken

Liability would be way high for them to offer classes to passengers.

I am sure you are correct. But, we did get to do a glass blowing excursion on Solstice a couple of times. We got to blow our own Christmas ornaments. That was pretty neat. :)

I am sure you are correct. But, we did get to do a glass blowing excursion on Solstice a couple of times. We got to blow our own Christmas ornaments. That was pretty neat. :)

Hi Ed,

I've never heard of that ! I will be sure to ask when I'm onboard Eclipse next time. Did they have special gear for you to wear ? Did it look like a Waffle ? I'd pay to see that :)

Hi Ed,

I've never heard of that ! I will be sure to ask when I'm onboard Eclipse next time. Did they have special gear for you to wear ? Did it look like a Waffle ? I'd pay to see that :)

Hi Andy.

I don't think they offer the excursion any more. It was by invitation. It was a max of 8 persons. Each one of us got to make our own ornament. We did not have to wear any special gear, we were a distance from the ovens. And then we got to eat a special lunch in Murano (no waffles). We enjoyed it very much.

Archived