Tommy the Bartender

We sailed on the Freedom two years ago and there was the nicest bartender we've ever met. He was from southeast asia somewhere and went by the name of Tommy. Always singing, smiling, telling jokes, great mixologist and could remember your name after hearing it only once. He was going to take a short break in late 2010 then re-up with Carnival. Anyone encounter him and/or know his whereabouts?

I want to say he is on the Fascination right now, or at least he was there last month. The people we cruised with mentioned they'd heard good things about him, and we planned on going to the bar he was at to talk with him. Sadly, we never did. ): Don't mark my words though.

Edited by ToriB

We sailed on the Freedom two years ago and there was the nicest bartender we've ever met. He was from southeast asia somewhere and went by the name of Tommy. Always singing, smiling, telling jokes, great mixologist and could remember your name after hearing it only once. He was going to take a short break in late 2010 then re-up with Carnival. Anyone encounter him and/or know his whereabouts?

My BF and I were just talking about him the other day! He is awesome. He was on the Liberty and we met him while doing the martini tasting. He made up a song with our names and every time he seen us throughout the cruise he would start singing it. I would love to see him again!

We've sailed with Tommy a few times with the last one being in 2008 on a B2B on Liberty. He normally worked the lobby bar on embarkation then the paparazzi bar in the evening. We loved listening to him sing and tell stories from his childhood and previous assignments.

100_4069-vi.jpg

100_4070-vi.jpg

I have other pics of him that I can't find.............:mad:

I met Tommy on the Liberty in January 2011. He remembered our names and always sang a song about us while pouring our drinks. He made a rose out of napkins and a straw for my wife. Tommy was always nice and made sitting at the bar even more enjoyable. I hope to see him again on a future cruise. :)

166492_1828973164979_1259821513_2292537_3642297_n.jpg

I met Tommy on the Liberty! He made the best Chocolate Martini and wrote my name on the glass with chocolate before putting the fun stuff in!

OMG me too!!!!!!!!! I fell in LOVE with those Tiramisu Martinis, YUM!!! They are now my fave!!! Tommy was amazing, he always managed to spell my name right, which is very important to me since people never seem to care if they get it right or not, LOVE Tommy!!!!!!

Edited by cruisecrazy82

Tommy is a real asset to Carnival.

We sailed on the Liberty two years running 2008 and 2009, both times he was in the lobby bar at embarkation and immediately made you feel at home. The second time he remembered us from the year before!

• 2 months later...

I have just returned from a Carnival Fascination cruise to the Eastern Carribean. I had the MOST amazing time on that cruise and it was mostly because of Tommy! He was always smiling, singing songs, telling jokes, or making up funny sayings for everybody's name! He got us laughing with funny bar tricks and made us hilarious hand-made creations that could never be duplicated!

It was incredible the memory he has for people and their names! Everytime we walked by his bar and gave him a wave, he would shout back saying hello and calling us by our names! "Heyy Jennayy! I may not be a smart man, but I know what love is!" Or "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get!" Haha he is definitely the number one bartender of the seas! He deserves to be rewarded! He makes everybody feel welcome and like they are at their own favorite local bar!

Tommy is a very hard worker and loves his job and makes it very obvious. In discussing the years he has been serving as a cruiseline bartender, the amount of time he spends working a year, and the amount of time he is away from his wife and 4 kids, he deserves some recognition! He is a great addition to the already stellar Carnival Cruiseline team and is a main reason I will be choosing to cruise with Carnival again in the future...to hopefully get to cruise the seas again with Tommy! :]

Lastly, my only suggestion to Carnival Cruiselines is to offer a "Casual Pictures with Tommy" hour...that place would be packed! everybody would line up for that! Haha anywa, here is a picture taken of myself and friend Cody with Tommy at our request our last night on the cruise. I miss him already! :(

1587283345_iPhoneTommy5.jpg.37c7629d92343a81f02a29ebd005dee8.jpg

• 1 year later...