Back to Back cost savings?

SeaLaRae

You have to compare all these things. Just do the math.

Here's how Princess figures the $ benefits

Free internet minutes for Platinum and Elite:

7 day cruise ......... 150 minutes ... (worth $75)

10+ day cruise ......... 250 minutes ... (worth $100)

21+ day cruise ......... 500 minutes ... (worth $175)

Carnival stock OBC

cruise of less than 6 days = $50

cruise of 7-13 days = $100

cruise of 14 days or more = $250

AMOUNTS STARTING 2012

Future Cruice Credits when used to book cruise

7-10 days = $25 (inside or OV) $50 (balcony or mini)

11-16 days = $75 $100

17+ days = $125 $150

You have to compare all these things. Just do the math.

Here's how Princess figures the $ benefits

Free internet minutes for Platinum and Elite:

7 day cruise ......... 150 minutes ... (worth $75)

10+ day cruise ......... 250 minutes ... (worth $100)

21+ day cruise ......... 500 minutes ... (worth $175)

Carnival stock OBC

cruise of less than 6 days = $50

cruise of 7-13 days = $100

cruise of 14 days or more = $250

AMOUNTS STARTING 2012

Future Cruice Credits when used to book cruise

7-10 days = $25 (inside or OV) $50 (balcony or mini)

11-16 days = $75 $100

17+ days = $125 $150

We have found that the Internet credit for Elite//Platinum is based on each leg, no matter how it is booked. So if it is two 7 day cruises, you get 150 minutes on each leg, even if you booked as one 14 day cruise.

We have found that the Internet credit for Elite//Platinum is based on each leg, no matter how it is booked. So if it is two 7 day cruises, you get 150 minutes on each leg, even if you booked as one 14 day cruise.

Agree. That is what we have experienced.

We have booked a cruise thru the Panama Canal Lauderdale to California in October. Is there any cost savings of booking B2B?

Sharon

Booked a 12 day Med cruise followed by a 15 day trans-atlantic crossing as one booking number vs back-to-back using two booking numbers and saved about $300 even after applying OBC which was $100 more for the b2b vs what we will receive on the single booking. I'll bird-dog the cost of the cruise and see if it goes down. I wonder what will happen if just the t-a price goes down? Will I be able to refare my single booking number?

Booked a 12 day Med cruise followed by a 15 day trans-atlantic crossing as one booking number vs back-to-back using two booking numbers and saved about $300 even after applying OBC which was $100 more for the b2b vs what we will receive on the single booking. I'll bird-dog the cost of the cruise and see if it goes down. I wonder what will happen if just the t-a price goes down? Will I be able to refare my single booking number?

From what others have posted, one of the benefits of booking each leg as a separate cruise , is that you can get fare drops on one leg, or even both, that do not apply to the single booking.

I think it depends on the cruise. You need to do a comparison and watch it before final payment. We once did a B2B cruise with Princess and it was cheaper to book as one cruise with one booking number. On another cruise line we booked 2 separate cruises because it worked out better.

We are planning on doing a B2B on another cruise line and I've found I have to ask for that discount on the second cruise for doing the previous one. Be sure to ask (after they give you all the incentives) if you get a discount on the second cruise because you are doing the first cruise. Also, if it is your first cruise on the cruise line, be sure you get the repeat guest discount (if it applies) to the second cruise. A good TA should do this.

I have a question about b2b cruises. If your able book the same cabin on both legs, can you leave your bags in the cabin at the end of the first leg. Can you stay on the ship instead of disembarkation.

I have a question about b2b cruises. If your able book the same cabin on both legs, can you leave your bags in the cabin at the end of the first leg. Can you stay on the ship instead of disembarkation.

Yes, you can leave everything in the cabin.

It depends on where your turnaround port is. In most cases in the US, you must get off and go thru immigration. In other countries, it varies. You will get instructions towards the end of the first leg.

In most cases in the US, you must get off and go thru immigration. In other countries, it varies.

And if you do this, it will usually take less than 30 minutes.

Of course you are also free to leave the ship if you wish to sightsee, shop or whatever. If you do leave, you cannot reboard until about 10:30 AM after the ship has been cleared of all disembarking passengers. You do not have to wait for the new passengers being able to board.

Paul, yes you're right about new internet minutes being given at the start of each leg. In fact, last fall on the Ruby TA they gave me the full amount at the start of the first leg and then for the second leg once again gave me the full amount for the 30 days. More minutes than I really needed.

On one cruise I went to the Future Cruise desk and booked a cruise that is a combination of two 10-day cruises. It was sold as either 2 cruises or one 20-day cruise. By booking as one cruise the price was cheaper by $100 per person. Also, it insured that we would not have to change cabins between the two segments. I have been told by two separate Captains Circle representatives that if I go to the Captains Circle desk aboard ship during the second half of the cruise and explain that this cruise is a combination of two cruises, then I will get 2 cruise credits instead of one and thus be closer to the next higher level of membership. They can not give me that extra credit until I actually complete the first 10-day segment and start the second. Both segments are round trip out of Ft. Lauderdale but have different itineraries. One is the Eastern Caribbean and the other is the Southern Caribbean.

Has anyone been on board and had done this? I have thinking of doing a b2b solo and I wanted to it so I could get 4 credits instead of 2. Almost elite and this would help. I would be alot easier to just book as one cruise.

We refer to book to 2 cruises on different ships, back to back, then on the same ship. Different entertainment, food and possibly different ports. Just did that -- one cruise on the Ruby Princess and one on Celebrity Eclipse. Keeps it more interesting.

Are you less likely to get an upgrade if you've booked the same room B2B? It would make sense ... Or do they ever upgrade on one leg and not the other? Anyone with that experience?

I was told that if you mark as accepting an upgrade, you may get upgraded on one leg and not the other. You can also be upgraded to two different cabins.

We had a B2B where eachj leg was booked seperately but the bookings were linked so that Princess knew we were continuing passengers.

Each time we received an upgrade, both segments upgraded to the same cabin.

Archived