Deluxe Oceanview Question

Socal404

Hello,

We are considering Oceania for the first time. We see on the newer ships there is a Deluxe Oceanview cabin. It's less expensive than the veranda, but seems to give you adequate outside light and view. Has anyone been in one, and do you have some opinions. We'd appreciate hearing about them.

Thanks.

We just returned from our 1st Oceania Marina cruise and were in an oceanview cabin. It was just fine, very nice in fact, however, when you are near the actual window, you will be able to view the orange tenders right below you. If you are looking at the window from a distance, the view is completely unblocked and there is plenty of light so no issues on that.

Just be wary that there are some times workers on the tenders (maintenance I guess) so I would imagine they can look directly into your cabin since we obviously saw them clearly.

FYI, I posted a recent review which you may find helpful as a 1st timer w/Oceania. Highly recommend you check these boards frequently as they were extremely helpful for us with our planning. Happy sailing!

Hello,

We are considering Oceania for the first time. We see on the newer ships there is a Deluxe Oceanview cabin. It's less expensive than the veranda, but seems to give you adequate outside light and view. Has anyone been in one, and do you have some opinions. We'd appreciate hearing about them.

Thanks.

The Deluxe Oceaniview cabins are spacious, light filled rooms, and the floor to ceiling windows are a HUGE improvement over the corresponding Ocean View Rooms on the older ships.

oceania%2Bmarina%2B017.jpg

On the Marina, a railing runs outside those windows, giving a Juliet Balcony feel to the room,

but on the Riviera, only glass separates one from the sea.

072345.jpg

Because of the improvements, as well as their much desired central location on the ship, the Ocean View Cabins fill up very quickly, almost instantly.

Book very early to avoid disappointment.

Thanks for that info about the removal of the railings from the Oceanview cabins on Riviera. I toured Marina when it was in NYC and was surprised by the railings outside the windows of oceanview rooms. I'm glad to find out they will not be on Riviera...because a Category C (Oceanview) room is what we've got this summer.

PS - We nabbed it a year ago March, the first day the Summer 2012 cruises opened. Glad we acted fast because they would have been all gone had we delayed.

We are also booked in a deluxe oceanview for our 1st Oceania sailing -- is there a hand-held shower head wand in the bathroom?

Thanks very much for the wonderful picture.

Linda

Yes there is

Jim, unless they did not change the OceanVieww categories, that's an older picture of the original Marina setup. this is an up-to-date photo of Riviera's hand-held showers, both in the shower stall and the tub.

b_094802.jpg

b_094715.jpg

I haven't actually seen the OceanView cabins, yet, but I'm almost certain the showers are the same as this veranda cabin where I took the photos.

We are booked for a deluxe Oceanview on Regatta for our April 2013 Bermuda cruise (7007).It looks a tad bigger than the standard cabins. Have anyone seen that cabin?

~Doris~

7007 is the same size as any other standard (242 square feet), but the veranda is larger (i.e. not wider than normal but deeper from the cabin door to the railing).

124858.jpg091822.jpg In this photograph, taken at the Riviera's naming ceremony, the Blue line runs at the level of Deck 7. Your (larger) veranda is the second one from the left.

Hi, Doris,

If you look at a deck plan of Regatta, you'll see that all of the other cabins near 7007 have balconies. 7007 is the same size as the other cabins plus their balcony. That's because the structural soundness of the ship required that the steel be outside the balcony instead of between the caabin and the balcony. Your cabin, along with 6004, 6005 and 7006, is therefore a little more than 40 saquare feet larger than any other ocean view or veranda cabin on an R ship. I've never been in it personally, but it's considered quite a "catch".

People on this thread have been writing about the oceanview cabins on Riviera. But yes, 7007 on Regatta is larger than the other category C1 or C2 oceanview rooms because this room includes what would have been the balcony on the category A and B rooms. You'll have a very large round porthole and extra legroom compared to other folks with oceanview rooms.

That room and the one identical to it on the port side are in high demand. Congratulations for nabbing it.

We are booked for a deluxe Oceanview on Regatta for our April 2013 Bermuda cruise (7007).It looks a tad bigger than the standard cabins. Have anyone seen that cabin?

~Doris~

Hope you do not have a problem with the "motion of the ocean" ;)

7007 is the same size as any other standard (242 square feet), but the veranda is larger (i.e. not wider than normal but deeper from the cabin door to the railing).

124858.jpg091822.jpg In this photograph, taken at the Riviera's naming ceremony, the Blue line runs at the level of Deck 7. Your (larger) veranda is the second one from the left.

That is what I thought when I looked at the diagram in the brochure. thanks.

~Doris~

Hope you do not have a problem with the "motion of the ocean" ;)

I have been on over 80 cruises and haven't been seasick even once. OhOh, i probably broke the spell and will now not have such good luck.

~Doris~>Who's Travel agent snagged that cabin.

P.S. I try to book the cruises I want when they first open up for bookings. Thay way i get the cabin I want.

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the picture and information. Just a couple of questions:

1. Is Oceania to be compared to Celebrity or to Crystal/ Silverseas cruises?

2. In Riviera, are all the Oceanview cabins exactly the same? Or are the ones indicated as "Triple with sofabed" bigger?

3. Any particular cabin you would recommend?

4. Some cruisers posted that average age in Oceania was 80-90. Is the target retired people only?

5.Other comments are much appreciated. Thanks!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the picture and information. Just a couple of questions:

1. Is Oceania to be compared to Celebrity or to Crystal/ Silverseas cruises?

2. In Riviera, are all the Oceanview cabins exactly the same? Or are the ones indicated as "Triple with sofabed" bigger?

3. Any particular cabin you would recommend?

4. Some cruisers posted that average age in Oceania was 80-90. Is the target retired people only?

5.Other comments are much appreciated. Thanks!!!!!!!!

2) I believe they are the same size on the O class ships the H/C ones may be larger not sure though

Some OV cabins on the R ships are a bit larger (ones at the front of the ship)

3) any of them :D

4) gosh I hope not we are only 65/66 and started cruising with O in 2004

I would say you get some under 50 & some over 70 but the mid age range is 50 to 70 at least those cruises we have been on

Some of the 70+ have more energy than I do ;)

Lyn

...Some cruisers posted that average age in Oceania was 80-90. Is the target retired people only?

For the average age to be 80-90, a substantial number of guests would have to be well past 100 :eek::D:D.

The targeted demographic is 50 to 70. In the past, almost none of Oceania's cruises were less than 10 days and many were longer than 14, inferring that the target was retired. However, in recent years more cruises of 7 days have been introduced, attracting folks who have more limited vacations.

We started cruising with Oceania in 2006 at age 66. Now, at 73, we seem to be a little above the age of most folks we meet. There are significant numbers below age 50, but in my experience, most seem to be around 65-66.

Well, ...realistically yes, although the pedant in me says no. But assuming there are cruisers in the 60's - 70's demographic onboard, then yes, you're right. ;)

There are very few in the 30's and some in the 40's, and even an occasional guest less than 20, but even with that small number, to reach an average in the 80's to 90's, a few would have to be 130 or 140 or more...:rolleyes:

Archived