Best Place to Rent a Golf Cart?

Lizzzys

• 2 months later...
I wanted to know this too so I Googled "Tony's Grand Cayman" and bingo! Here is the website http://www.tonyscarrental.com/ . The prices, email, and phone number are listed on their page.

Car 70.00

Jeep 95.00

Scooter 60.00

Bike 20.00

Thanks for the excellent info I think a car would be better for us or a jeep. Sailing with my adult daughter on CCL Destiny December 10 will be in Grand Turk Wed, December 12. I am cancelling a shore excursion I booked because this sounds like way more fun. I will let you know how it went when I get back. I am going to contact Tony's and make a reservation today! Are there any such rentals on Half Moon Cay?

Thanks for the excellent info I think a car would be better for us or a jeep. Sailing with my adult daughter on CCL Destiny December 10 will be in Grand Turk Wed, December 12. I am cancelling a shore excursion I booked because this sounds like way more fun. I will let you know how it went when I get back. I am going to contact Tony's and make a reservation today! Are there any such rentals on Half Moon Cay?

We rented from Tony in September, had onfirmed 3 times we would have a jeep. When we got to Grand Turk no jeeps only a van that wauld not start. Then had to wait for them to go somewhere and get a battery. The van was ok, but no panels on inside o the doors and now what we had envisioned for our short day in port. Disaddpointed, Will use Nathan, as we have used him in the past and he was great. Tony's upscale website is very deceiving.

• 4 weeks later...
Totally want to rent the golf cart. Will definitely be trying this in Feb. someone mentioned a map. Do you get a map from Nathan? I really want to see the the lighthouse and the beach with all the shells.

You will be provided with a map but you really don't need it.

Totally want to rent the golf cart. Will definitely be trying this in Feb. someone mentioned a map. Do you get a map from Nathan? I really want to see the the lighthouse and the beach with all the shells.

Nathan has one. There are signs to the lighthouse. Nathan is the best for rentals, the only one to use. Reliable to have a vehicle for you. Very disappointed on our last trip, renting from Tony. Read what I said SEVERAL MONTHS AGO BELOW ABOUT TONY'S RENTALS. Very POOR from Tony, has a great web site though. Just needs to know how deliver a good vehicle that runs.

Edited by jms2362

After you go through the port area's retail area and are headed to the exit gate there is an info booth, stop and get a map there it is much better than the one you get from Nathan. Although as stated you really don't need it, but it gives some of the less adventurist members a reassurance. Watch closely for the gas stations, sort of hard to spot,

We were out on the cart from about 11:30 - 4:00.

If your interested in conch shells, when you are coming back from the lighthouse.

There is a house on your right with a bright red roof.

Across the street there is a gate with a little building in the middle. Like a little guard shack.

It is very overgrown. Turn in and you will go over some grates in the road.

You can go over it with the golfcart. drive until the end, not far.

leave the cart and walk onto the beach there were a few conches right there. We walked a little down the beach to the right, and went into the water about mid thigh. If you see a round clump of green sea weed on the bottom, push it with your foot, if it moves, its a shell. We found over a dozen. No problem bringing on board, just had them in our beach bag. And this beach is quiet and nice as well.

It rides like a golf-cart most roads were smooth, but there a lots of pot holes in some areas. No problem tooling around them.

i just contact nathan about renting a cart, and within one day they email replied, so now we need to decide what to do for sure. i would like to go back to ship for lunch, but then we would be giving up the cart early.. so don't know what to do yet..unless they let you come back and get it to finish up the day?

i just contact nathan about renting a cart, and within one day they email replied, so now we need to decide what to do for sure. i would like to go back to ship for lunch, but then we would be giving up the cart early.. so don't know what to do yet..unless they let you come back and get it to finish up the day?

We have always had to turn ours back in. Maybe eat a big, late breakfast?

Or ask Nathan directly? Keep in mind in all of our times renting with him, he has never been there. His employees are the ones who would determine this and a lot of times what he told me is not what has happened.

• 9 months later...

Hello, thinking of renting a golf cart from Nathan again in January (we highly recommmended him a few years back) - just wanted to hear if anything has changed in the last couple years?

Review please...

Anyone cruised in late January before- were a little concerned about the weather/water temps too?

Hello, thinking of renting a golf cart from Nathan again in January (we highly recommmended him a few years back) - just wanted to hear if anything has changed in the last couple years?

Review please...

Anyone cruised in late January before- were a little concerned about the weather/water temps too?

It is a perfect tie of year to be there, warm temp and warm water. Enjoy. Do you have his email address, I can not find it, want to reserve a golf cart again.

Don't know if he'll let you leave the cart to go back to the ship for lunch. You can grab snack or lunch from one of the local places, or carry some pre-packaged snacks like granola bars;)

Go to Jack's Shack approx. one block from the gates of port on the left on the beach, a great and popular place to go. There is a small sign at the drive on the left hand side of the road. Or you can walk along the beach from the ship and find it. That is harder as the sand was pretty deep when we were there.

Took two emails and about 10 days to finally hear from Nathan. His four person golf carts are now $100.00. Since his link is on the Turks & Caicos Tourist Board site, I reached out to them to see if he was still in buisness, and they responded they were checking on the same issue, as they could not get in contact with him either.