Cabin 1201 Carnival Freedom selfish question no haters please

LyndaKroooze

Cool Cruiser

Cabin 1201 on Freedom- very selfish question- please no haters

OK..I booked this cabin not realizing about the anchor noise, but once I found out I thought "oh-well- it will be our wake up call when in port", besides the cabin appears to be twice as large as the other inside cabins, even though it's on the outside of the ship (not a porthole room).

Quite excited that it's a bigger size, but have now come to find out that it is sometimes used as a handicapped room. I don't want to take a room that someone in a wheelchair may need, but I also don't want to be bumped out of my larger room into a smaller inside cabin if they need it.

Sounds selfish I know, but if I get the call from Carnival, can they make me move and if so, is it only to another cabin within my category? The idea of moving up in categories is not appealing to me uless it to an OV or a balcony. Upper floors mean nothing to me.

http://ticker.cruise-ships.com/002/7...2540c76228.png

LyndaKroooze

Cool Cruiser

Cabin 1201 on Freedom- very selfish question- please no haters

OK..I booked this cabin not realizing about the anchor noise, but once I found out I thought "oh-well- it will be our wake up call when in port", besides the cabin appears to be twice as large as the other inside cabins, even though it's on the outside of the ship (not a porthole room).

Quite excited that it's a bigger size, but have now come to find out that it is sometimes used as a handicapped room. I don't want to take a room that someone in a wheelchair may need, but I also don't want to be bumped out of my larger room into a smaller inside cabin if they need it.

Sounds selfish I know, but if I get the call from Carnival, can they make me move and if so, is it only to another cabin within my category? The idea of moving up in categories is not appealing to me uless it to an OV or a balcony. Upper floors mean nothing to me.

http://ticker.cruise-ships.com/002/7...2540c76228.png

Yes, they can move you and it does not have to be an upgrade. If it is a handicapped accessible room they can take it for that purpose if someone needs it. You don't. Why don't you see if you can change your cabin now and have a better opportunity to select a place you want to be rather than making yourself unhappy with their choice if it should happen.

Are you sure its a HC cabin? It's not showing that it is on Carnvial?

Here's the description:

Cabin 1201 4A 185 sq ft

Beds: twin/king

View: no window or balcony

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower;

chair and coffee table

Non-smoking (effective 12/01/11)

No where does it state that it has wheelchair access~

Are you sure its a HC cabin? It's not showing that it is on Carnvial?

Here's the description:

Cabin 1201 4A 185 sq ft

Beds: twin/king

View: no window or balcony

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower;

chair and coffee table

Non-smoking (effective 12/01/11)

No where does it state that it has wheelchair access~

According to the stats provided on the previous post on this thread....it is an optical illusion that the stateroom you chose is "twice as big" and in fact, since you're in a 4A, you're in the worst 4A cabin on the entire ship, IMHO. You're on the Riviera deck, all the way upfront, with the anchor as your wake up call each morning. You could have saved some money and gotten a better cabin if any of the porthole cabins were available. The cabin you are in now is 185 sq ft, the same as any other inside stateroom. I would contact your PVP or your travel agent and see if they will move you...even if it's still on the Riviera deck to something more centered or even need be, in the aft. Good luck.

It is NOT a handicap room! I think I should know as I am pretty sure I was in that exact room years ago:D

It is small, you'll hear the anchor and such but you'd be surprised, it is pretty, pretty quiet there otherwise. That level can be pretty noisy as it is the cheapest level, popular with families who can have kids running amuck up and down the level. Sometimes i expect to see gypsies playing accordians and chickens running wild. But where you are? Real good place to be.

The only negative is if you hit rough sea and you are sensitive to motion sickness.

It's not a handicapped room, so you're okay there. However, like the others have alluded to, the room size is not as big as it appears to be on the deck plans. Those deck plans have been known to misrepresent sizes. The width will not be the width of 2 inside rooms. And it's not as long. However, regular inside rooms on this ship are, in actuality, about 150 sq.ft. The listed size of 185 for this room may not be correct either, as that is a generic figure that is assigned to many rooms that are larger or smaller than 185. This room may still be larger than the regular insides, and the setup will be different, which may be better. Many people prefer the more box-shaped rooms.

And as far as anchor noise goes, that would only come into play if the ship has to drop anchor. That is usually only done at tendered ports, such as Grand Cayman and Belize. If you don't have a tendered port, there will likely not be an anchor drop. And some of the reports that I hear are that if the anchor is dropped, they hear it on the other side of the ship, not on your side. So best of luck!

And as far as anchor noise goes, that would only come into play if the ship has to drop anchor. That is usually only done at tendered ports, such as Grand Cayman and Belize. If you don't have a tendered port, there will likely not be an anchor drop. And some of the reports that I hear are that if the anchor is dropped, they hear it on the other side of the ship, not on your side. So best of luck!

Well I'm hoping it's not too noisy since I'm booked in the 1A right next door for my cruise!

You will hear the motor-whine of the bow-thrusters, and feel the grumble when they engage fer real

--if you're in the cabin at that time.

Lasts about 5 mins.

Big easily-visible Deck Plans at

http://www.cruisecheap.com/ships/carnival-cruises-carnival-freedom-deck-plans.html

Not too bad for the cheapest cabin on the ship-and a porthole at that!

I can not offer any information regarding your specific cabin, but I can tell you that my wife and I booked a midship cabin on the Riviera deck onboard the Freedom last October and there certainly weren't any "gypsies playing accordions and chickens running wild". In fact it was so quiet we booked the same cabin on the same deck on the Valor sailing this November. Relax and enjoy your cruise!

It's not a handicap room. It's a HUGE room! We had it a few years ago and loved it. Yes, you will hear the sounds of the waves and the anchor. I did not mind it all. The room was worth it.

Really?? You just made my day! I've only been on 2 other crusies, both OV, but on the Liberty it was room 2470 which it bigger than normal as its on the AFT corner of the ship, and then adjoining rooms with our kids on the Imagination (Riveria deck). Both scenarios gave us a little extra space.

Do you by any chance have a pic?

Thanks for the responses everyone!!

Really?? You just made my day! I've only been on 2 other crusies, both OV, but on the Liberty it was room 2470 which it bigger than normal as its on the AFT corner of the ship, and then adjoining rooms with our kids on the Imagination (Riveria deck). Both scenarios gave us a little extra space.

Hi...try going to cruise line rooms dot com (no spaces), and look under Carnival Freedom...pics are there for 1202 (port side - same room)...looks bigger to me than any inside I've been in !! :D

My bad - we had room 1202 - which is identical, just opposite side of the ship. These are my pics, but some how ended up on this website.

Go to cruiselinerooms dot com and look up Freedom 1202.

According to the deck plans and confirmed in post #3...there is no porthole in the cabin.

Yes I understand that. I was talking about the cabin I booked, right next door, which does in fact have portholes.

Archived