Golds with less than 25 days

Bad blood?? Demoted? How in the world does what a little colored word online create bad blood? Do you take your carnival gold card around to clubs in Hollywood and get VIP service and party with the stars, do you go out to eat with it and get free drinks? Do you get free laundry done for you at home? Seriously, how in the WORLD does this affect your normal every day life?

Seriously people, if you go on your 10th cruise before next December 2013, you get platinum status, otherwise it goes by the days...I don't know what is so difficult to understand and why people are so pissed. If you're going to reach the number of days to graduate while you're on a cruise, you get the benefits of the new level for that whole cruise, pretty easy to understand. Instead of getting all mad about it because right now it says you're red, but you know you're going to be back to Gold when you take your next cruise, just get over it and look forward to that next cruise.

No one else knows what level you are if your not on a cruise. No one is going to look at you weird in the mall, or at work, or anywhere else you go because you're not a Carnival gold level member.

The argument some have use about if I had 21+ days they should have been grandfathered into gold is a bit of a stretch. That would be like the guy sitting on nine cruises and being pissed because his profile doesn't say Platinum. Should he be platinum because he has nine cruises? Of course not!! Instead, people are gonna get upset because based upon the rules of the program they don't qualify for something they shouldn't have.

This little card and status means nothing when you're not on a ship. Sure, I'm a first time cruiser, attack me for that and say I don't "get it". But seriously, there are a lot more things in life to be upset about than the color you are on the Carnival incentive program, geesh!

I just found out I was Gold with what they say is 30 days sailed...had no clue as I do not pay attention to how many days/cruises I sailed...happy with Gold but not a deal breaker. I do feel for those who were "demoted' but heck, it's a cruise and I am happy to be on a ship no matter what the status!

I was Platinum and stay Platinum but I don't really believe its the color of the card that is upsetting people... I think its the fact that for over 2 years we were consistently told how "brilliant" the new loyalty program was going to be and in most peoples mind, including mine, it is far from brilliant.

Now, I am not going to stop cruising with Carnival, I haven't threatened to go to another line, but when someone promotes "brilliant" and you LOSE UNLIMITED free laundrey and you LOSE free entry into the slot or blackjack tournament and you LOSE GUARANTEED seating in the dining room, thats where I have a problem with the new and improved brilliant loyalty program... Being lied to ...

Well, people hate change.

I don't understand how Carnival lied. Did they specifically tell you that you personally wouldn't lose those services and then they took them away? No, they sure didn't. Just because they said it was going to be great and people don't think it is because they "lost" things doesn't mean they lied to anyone.

It's a new program, there are changes, people just need to adjust and get past their color complex. No one lied to anyone, the program changed and there are new guidelines and rules. No lies, just change.

Back to red too. Gold doesn't have much with it. But had the past guest party, and now it is taken away.

The big question is when do you actually go gold now. On the sailing that you reach 25 days or after the sailing you reach 25 days. This same question for Platinum too.

According to FAQs on the Carnival website, if you are going to move to the next category while ON a cruise, you will get the full benefits of the new level from the beginning of the cruise.

I have 18 days, the man has 21.(he went on a 3 day Ensenada cruise with his family about 12 years ago before I met him)

He will go back to Gold in the middle of our 7 day cruise, I will hit Gold on the LAST DAY!

We will see if they give us gold cards when we check in.....:confused:

According to FAQs on the Carnival website, if you are going to move to the next category while ON a cruise, you will get the full benefits of the new level from the beginning of the cruise.

I have 18 days, the man has 21.(he went on a 3 day Ensenada cruise with his family about 12 years ago before I met him)

He will go back to Gold in the middle of our 7 day cruise, I will hit Gold on the LAST DAY!

We will see if they give us gold cards when we check in.....:confused:

Check your travel documents on the carnival site, I don't know if you have to be fully paid or not, but it should show gold for both of you. I hope this helps.

Check your travel documents on the carnival site, I don't know if you have to be fully paid or not, but it should show gold for both of you. I hope this helps.

It does!

I an currently red :) (have 20 days) on my next cruise a 7 day my cruise doc's show that I'm gold :)

Lol... Not that matters as I napped through my last past guest party.

Archived