Golds with less than 25 days

It's on Carnival's FAQ page. Type VIFP in the search box on the FAQ and it's listed in there.

Sorry, your search for "VIFP" did not match any of our FAQs.

• Suggestions:
  • - Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
  • - Try different keywords.
  • - Try selecting from our list of Support Topics.

Sorry, your search for "VIFP" did not match any of our FAQs.

• Suggestions:
  • - Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
  • - Try different keywords.
  • - Try selecting from our list of Support Topics.

I had to "work" for it, but I found it. The previous post about receiveing benefits from the beginning when you will reach the milestone on the cruise appears to be correct. However, John posted on his facebook page "Just wanted to remind you that any guest that reaches 10 sailings by December 31, 2013, will be considered Platinum beginning with that 10th sailing, regardless of the number of days/points they have accrued prior to that 10th sailing. In effect, the old program rules are remaining in effect in parallel with the new program until the end of next year", so I am curious what that means, if those of us who are gold now will receive such benefits until next year or what. I guess we will see.

I guess we will see.

I wont hold my breath.

Anyone that had 21+ days should have been grandfathered into Gold if they intent to give us gold on our next cruise anyway. Why create bad blood by demoting us ??

It's on Carnival's FAQ page. Type VIFP in the search box on the FAQ and it's listed in there.

Here's the link:

https://secure.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx?icid=CC_Footer_88

I hope this is true, but like others here, I can't find it. At the moment, the FAQ page for the VIFP is empty for me. Hopefully just a glitch and they'll get it fixed.

We have 19 points, and are going on a 7-night cruise on the LEGEND this fall.

I was gold, will be red.

I do not consider it a downgrade, just an adjustment. I did not gain or lose anything worth losing sleep over. Really nobody did, but many are acting like they did.

i've tried every which way to find out that page, but it no work! I did register, found out i was demoted from gold to red, know i will hit gold during the cruise, but wanted to know if they will run down a gold card to me in the middle of the cruise, I like the past guest party. And a pin would be nice.....:o

i've tried every which way to find out that page, but it no work! I did register, found out i was demoted from gold to red, know i will hit gold during the cruise, but wanted to know if they will run down a gold card to me in the middle of the cruise, I like the past guest party. And a pin would be nice.....:o

It is listed in the help section on the carnival site: here is the link:

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx#q-1197331

we are only 10 Days but were Gold...will be Red now, 18 after next. Not a big deal to lose the Past Guest Party but it was Carnival promises through JH that I find intriguing....won't have a bad cruise or stop with Carnival over it..whoever has the best mix of boat, itinerary and price will get my $$$$'s...

When I go to the page none of my cruises show up....and it says anything before 1999 has no record. So I had 21 days, now 14. My husband will have 21? We have a b2b with a total of 14 days in Dec. So he will be gold on the first leg and gets to go to the party. I will be on second leg. Kind of dumb. No I won't stop sailing. The past guest party was just something to do with free drinks. :p lol. Guess this will happen if they find our old cruises. :confused:

I have 3 cruises and 14 points. Puts me squarely in the red. Lol I know I will lose the past guest party and the fun farewell party. Not a big deal itself. But it was just pretty lame when Carnival said the fun farewell party was discontinued because of low attendance. Lol

Well I am gold but my DH and kids will be back to red. I can go to the Past guest party but they can't. Well, I won't be going without them.

Me too, I am red again, well I guess not again since I was blue before, but with 22 days I will be gold on my next sailing, however my SI and 2 kids will not be. People are not mad over the perks so much as the feeling that something has been taken away. Honestly I didn't go to the last past guest party because they had it at 5:00pm on a port day. That should have been the first sign that big cuts were coming. I would just be happy if next cruise my MDR food was hot:rolleyes:

I'm still gold and will be (grandfathered) platinum for my 10th cruise on the Dream this October. My wife has one less cruise on CCL than I do, so I'm not sure if she'll get grandfathered in if she gets in an extra cruise in addition to the Dream or not.

Yeah, CCL has chipped away at some of the bennies, but so has my employer over the last few years. I'm happy with priority boarding and 2 or 3 small bags of laundry... probably won't use it anyway.

I'm sorry for the folks that seem seriously disappointed, but that's life. An old First Sargent once told me, "hope for the best but expect the worst", and an old boss once told me, "if you don't like the change in rules, pick up your marbles and go to a different game." Those two very simple philosophies have served me well over the years.

John

I have been having so many technical difficulties so I either end up with a new VIPF # and no cruises or I access my past guest number but can't set up an account. In any case I have 7 days in, an 8 day booked for 2014 so I guess I will be a disappointed Red. I think the free drink for the Brunch is an alcoholic one. I guess the question is whether I can use my kids tickets for an alcoholic drink or not.

i am gold....

but will get my platinum card on the 2nd week of my B2B in July

Check your boarding pass (if you've paid in full). We'll have #9 & #10 doing B2B in January and BOTH 9th & 10th show VIP status on boarding pass & luggage tags. Very surprised & happy as we expected to go to VIP on the 2nd week of B2B.

Archived