Golds with less than 25 days

I don't know if I should say what my status us. Perhaps I should put on protection. I am Platinum with 76 days and one cruise booked for September. I should have 83 days, but one of my cruises was won during the free cruise raffle, and according to others, it does not count towards the count, so in reality, I have currently have taken 11 cruises, not 12.....Honestly, I know I was on the Valor, I have a zipper folder with a whole bunch of paperwork, and other stuff to prove it. I also have a zillion pictures and tacky souvenirs that I bought as proof I took the cruise......I even paid $400 to upgrade from a 6A to a 8B cabin...

I cruise for fun, not for the loyalty program....

Thanks for reposting that site, I was Blue, and then Gold, now Red, but will be Gold again on the next cruise. I have 20 days, doing a 7 day, so I will hit 25 near the end of the cruise. I liked the past guest party, made me feel a little special. I don't drink alcohol but I do like a fruit drink now and then. Like to play the little trivia games and be amazed at how many cruises other cruisers take. Carnival really isn't giving me a freebie( I would like the pin, they are so cheap with them now, you can't even buy them on board) they arent' giving me booze, just maybe a little more respect, and love and that doesn't cost one dime.

I'm hoping they hold true to grandfathering! I leave on #10 on 6/24, the day BEFORE this new program supposedly gets implemented!!!!!

Check your "special" offers. Mine says I have to take one more cruise in the next 12 months to get to the status I already had in the old program.:mad:

detail.jpg.9483d5a7bbffe7457d73faedc3c81d0b.jpg

Thanks for reposting that site, I was Blue, and then Gold, now Red, but will be Gold again on the next cruise. I have 20 days, doing a 7 day, so I will hit 25 near the end of the cruise. I liked the past guest party, made me feel a little special. I don't drink alcohol but I do like a fruit drink now and then. Like to play the little trivia games and be amazed at how many cruises other cruisers take. Carnival really isn't giving me a freebie( I would like the pin, they are so cheap with them now, you can't even buy them on board) they arent' giving me booze, just maybe a little more respect, and love and that doesn't cost one dime.

Does anyone know specifically what happens when you change categories (such as going from red to gold) days-wise, during the course of a cruise? We currently are at 22 days and have a seven day cruise starting on 26 Aug 12. We will hit 25 days about halfway through the cruise. Do we convert to gold and earn the perks during the cruise or do we get upgraded once we finish?

Check your "special" offers. Mine says I have to take one more cruise in the next 12 months to get to the status I already had in the old program.:mad:

I guess Im confused...you were already Platinum with 9 cruises????

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

who cares what color card you have you are treated the same with whatever card you have by the staff, if you were color blind you would not know the difference, you people need to get a life and just relax and enjoy your vacation. I just lost my Brother last week to CANCER and he only got to go on a CNW he was happy just to get away and have a happy 2 days away from the chemo and depression, you all need to take a little advice from BOB MARLEY "DON'T Worry BE HAPPY" light'n up and enjoy life as there may not be a tomorrow for some!!!!!!!!!!!

Booked my 10th and was expecting to enjoy platinum on that cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1618476

yeah, you should still be able too... right?

In the Q and A with John Heald even the guy in charge said "Platinum starts the first day of your 10th cruise".... I think you are confusing having the 10th booked with actually cruising the 10th.... your profile won't say platinum until you cruise.

Wife and I are actually looking forward to our new red cards next cruise, whenever that is!

The status means very little: we have that already.

No big deal for my wife and I with the red card. We will now have a Blue, Gold and Red card for keepsakes.......

Does anyone know specifically what happens when you change categories (such as going from red to gold) days-wise, during the course of a cruise? We currently are at 22 days and have a seven day cruise starting on 26 Aug 12. We will hit 25 days about halfway through the cruise. Do we convert to gold and earn the perks during the cruise or do we get upgraded once we finish?

Will guests automatically receive recognition/benefits or must they be requested?

VIFP Club members will automatically move from one level to the next level based on their VIFP Points, and will receive the benefits of their level on each sailing.

Guests graduating into a new level during a cruise will receive the benefits of the new level they are graduating into from the beginning of the cruise (e.g. those graduating to Gold on the 3rd day of a 5-day cruise will receive Gold benefits for the entire duration of their cruise).

While guests are automatically eligible for their benefits, some Diamond level benefits must be requested at the time of booking (e.g. one-time benefits).

FAQ-carnivalpage.jpg.71091066b3140d1b43fea0956b2f9fb6.jpg

This is one of the few groups of people that I feel bad for--those people who have 7-24 days, because they are truly being given the shaft.

Shafted? Seriously? They lost a past guest party (that in my opinion was really only attended by a minority of those eligible to attend and was a excuse to drink as many watered down drinks as one possibly could in a hour) and gained a free beverage coupon.

I am still baffled that some people are calling it a demotion. Is it because the card color changed?

Went from gold to red with 4 cruises 24 days I will miss past guess party I like free drinks

Gold is 25 days. So your next cruise, you will be gold. You "should" be eligible for the past guest party. This is my understanding from some of the questions asked previously.

However, don't assume the past guest party (Now will be known as VIFP party) will be at a convenient time. But you should be able to attend if you would like.

Gold. But think their system is just silly.

They do still have Returning guest party. Son just returned from his 2nd cruise and he got invite to and went to returning guest party. Said free drinks were flowing like water and had Hordovers? being served. He also said drinks were VERY strong.

His cruise was a 5 day on the Paradise.

I'm red with 22 days but since I have a 7 day cruise booked for October, I'll never see a red card because I turn gold on that cruise.

We will be the same with 23 days starting our cruise in September!

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx?icid=CC_Header_466#q-1197326

Copied text from this site reads:

Q: Will guests automatically receive recognition/benefits or must they be requested?

A: VIFP Club members will automatically move from one level to the next level based on their VIFP Points, and will receive the benefits of their level on each sailing. Guests graduating into a new level during a cruise will receive the benefits of the new level they are graduating into from the beginning of the cruise (e.g. those graduating to Gold on the 3rd day of a 5-day cruise will receive Gold benefits for the entire duration of their cruise). While guests are automatically eligible for their benefits, some Diamond level benefits must be requested at the time of booking (e.g. one-time benefits).

Hope this helps...answered my question...lol

P.S. Type in VIFP and then scroll down to the appropriate question (Will guests automatically receive recognition/benefits or must they be requested)?

Still Gold......does not make a difference to me..all I want to do is cruise...just found out that I am Silver on Norwegian Cruise Line and I had no idea...pleasant surprise but no big deal...I will still be cruising..I don't book for the perks on any line

• 3 weeks later...

Archived