Legend Review - May 27-June 2, 2012 - Long/Lots of Pictures

shwabob

We are doing some of the same things you did and it's great to see what we will be doing before hand. No tubing in Belize, snorkeling the reef I hope if the weather cooperates.:D

Enjoying your take on everything. Good writing. Thanks for all your work you are putting into this review.:)

In Nachi, how many folks do you think there were? Know they have a limit but seemed liked a small crowd, which would be Awesome.

We are cave tubing in Belize also and want to know if you felt it was worth it? I am looking at it as a new adventure and something to talk about for a long while - really hoping it is not like a Disney ride:eek:

Your review is amazing - KEEP it up - the crowd wants MORE

The day just keeps sounding better and better doesnt it!!!!

What resort was near you when you were at the beach break. There are several resorts along that strip of sand and I was considering doing Bananarama instead of Carnival for a little less scratch.

We just spent last week in Roatan at Bananarama. Tabyana is a few properties down...just on the other side of Infinity Bay. It is about a 3 or 4 minute walk. Bananarama will probably be less crowded. The staff there is very friendly and the food is good. No matter where you go the beach is beautiful and the snorkeling is amazing...and an easy swim off the beach. We will be on the Legend in September and can't wait. Lovin' this review.

I couldn't find where I'd commented yet so figured I would now as I've been following your review since the beginning. We're going to do the cave tubing in Belize (along w/ the ziplining) and I loved seeing your pics of that as well as everything else and I just wanted to say thanks for posting! Loving it. :)

I, too, want to say thanks for a great review! We leave tomorrow night for Sunday's sailing, and you've certainly added to our excitement (if that's possible!!).

We'll keep watching.....can't wait to hear about Grand Cayman!

Thanks, again, for writing an awesome review!:D

In Nachi, how many folks do you think there were? Know they have a limit but seemed liked a small crowd, which would be Awesome.

We are cave tubing in Belize also and want to know if you felt it was worth it? I am looking at it as a new adventure and something to talk about for a long while - really hoping it is not like a Disney ride:eek:

Your review is amazing - KEEP it up - the crowd wants MORE

I went to their website today and it said they only let in 100 people. Doesn't that sound delightful? Shhh! Don't tell anyone so it won't get full before we book it!

Great review! Carnival Legend is such a great ship. I'll miss her when she leaves Tampa next year. Love this itinerary.

Belize and Isla Rotan are two of my favorite ports. Walking to the taxi stands at the port we found is the best at Rotan and they give you a nice island tour and will bring you to anywhere you want at a reasonable cost. Flat cost for all those in the taxi no matter how many people. Both times we went we had them bring us to a beach too and the driver would wait or come back for you. They are drivers from the pier so it's to their best interest to bring you back. Both times we had great experience. Although the first trip we went to the original pier, second trip the new one. Bananarama is where we had them bring us both trips, that area is awesome. Our driver was so nice he even introduced us to his family, we got to meet his girl friend and his new baby daughter.

Keep up the great work with your review.

This picture sums up the epicness of the Chateaubriand experience in the dining room. "Yep, this is epic, absolutely f-ing epic..."

img1468fj.jpg

Thanks to everyone for their comments, I’m glad so many people are enjoying the pictures and review. Hopefully I’ll get the last of my pictures sorted out today in my spare time and will get everything wrapped up tomorrow sometime. There’s not a lot from GC as we were wiped and didn’t do squat but walk around for a little bit plus Legend was the only boat in port that day, but pictures shall come soon enough.

Do they still take your picture everytime your in port coming off the ramp?

Also, how much are they?

Thanks!

Yes, they try to. I just put my hand up and do the "no thanks" as I walk past them. My ex was big into the photos all the time, but I never saw the point. I have a very expensive camera that I'll take my pics with thank you very much.

However I believe the pictures are somewhere from $15-20 for the ones off the boat and in the MDR at night.

Day 6 – Grand Cayman

This ended up being a pretty lazy day as both Mario and I were totally wiped out from the past few days and the late night. I didn’t wake up until almost 11:00, by which point the tenders were already conducting general boarding. I woke up and headed to the lido for a quick bite to eat and took some pictures of GC.

We milled around for a little bit before heading to the tenders around 12:45 and going ashore. Being wiped out as we were, neither of us had any motivation to go to 7 mile beach or anything requiring major (ANY) effort. We walked around the shops for about an hour and a half or so and picked up some little stuff for people back home. Also managed to latch onto an open wi-fi hotspot right under Margaritaville by the Cigar place. When we were there we happened to go into the liquor and cigar place and found they happened to have a 3 liter bottle of Crown Royal that Mario bought on the ship in the shops for $69.99 for $54.99…we quickly took pictures of it and did get the Carnival Shops to give us the difference (they had to refund the original transaction and then ring in a new transaction at the reduced price, but it worked fine for Mario). After this we headed back to the boat, and spent the rest of the day lounging about on the Lido deck and doing a whole bunch of nothing until dinner.

For dinner we both ended up picking the Petite Filet and Short Ribs and were not disappointed…we both had multiple reorders. Absolutely delicious. After dinner we headed on to the adults only comedy shows. Scotty K was awesome as usual, both of his shows were absolutely on point with fresh material. The other act, Mark Rubben was a ventriloquist and really didn’t impress us too much. He wasn’t particularly funny and everyone agreed he put off a ‘creepy old guy with a windowless van’ kind of vibe. Needless to say, we did not go to his show the following night. After that we closed down the Medusa’s Lair club (again) we headed up to Lido for last call and late night munch. Apparently both of the ice cream machines were down that night and I didn’t take too kindly to having no ice cream. At this point, we made the poor guy making late night pizza suffer greatly with our requests for MOAR pizza and garlic bread.

Hello Grand Cayman:

img9945tw.jpg

img9948s.jpg

img9951k.jpg

img9952z.jpg

img9954m.jpg

img9956j.jpg

More Grand Cayman:

img9959.jpg

img9960j.jpg

How Lovely...so that's what the Klingons meant when they called the Enterprise a garbage scow and started that fight with Scotty in The Trouble with Tribbles:

img9962o.jpg

img9963d.jpg

img9964h.jpg

img9965z.jpg

Jimmy Buffet's Extreme Profit Center:

img1483n.jpg

Woo-Hoo!!! I'm always happy to see a Steeler flag flying anywhere. More proof that the Steeler nation knows NO bounds!!!

img1484ix.jpg

img1486fb.jpg

Even Warren Buffet's dipping into the extreme GC tourism profits:

img1490k.jpg

img1491mr.jpg

img1492jc.jpg

Archived