St Thomas....what did you do?

darceyg

We walked off the ship, took a right, walked to the Butterfly Garden for a quiet morning, hopped a cab to Coki and went into CoralWorld. No need to 'book an excursion', just hop a cab. After C.W. we walked out onto Coki beach. There is great snorkleing right off the end of Coki around the point at Coral world.

We love Coki but be aware it is one of the busiest beaches

Hello everyone never been to St. Thomas before and will be going in Feb, I just wanna know what is the closest beach to the cruise port? Is it walkable? If not how long is the cab ride? Is it nice?? Any recommendations would be great. Thanks!

To us, Sapphire was paradise. The beauty, the water, the beach, the sea life, iguanas walking around and in the trees. It was the best of both worlds for those that like to snorkel and those that don't.

There are tons of coral and fish and there is sea grass with turtles others have reported seeing. I got caught up in the snorkeling that I didn't adventure over to the sea grass area on the other side.

I did a review on it...I'll link it here. At the bottom of the review is a link to all of my pictures from that day.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1280889

IMG_1710-M.jpg

IMG_1841-M.jpg

IMG_1998-M.jpg

IMG_1866-M.jpg

IMG_1942-M.jpg

IMG_1948-M.jpg

Of course you can view all of my pictures at the link in the review.

Also, you can check out their webcam any time day or night and see what it looks like there:

http://www.sapphireinthesun.com/

Hello everyone never been to St. Thomas before and will be going in Feb, I just wanna know what is the closest beach to the cruise port? Is it walkable? If not how long is the cab ride? Is it nice?? Any recommendations would be great. Thanks!

Depends on where you dock. Morningstar is closest to Havensight dock (WICO), and Lindbergh (AKA Emerald Beach) is closest to Crown Bay dock. Taxi is $10 - 12pp RT. Emerald is our choice of the two, we love the East End beaches like Coki and Sapphire ($18 - 22pp RT).

We booked a private day trip with Island Wilson Excursions. It is a catamaran power boat, so pretty stable. Capt Wilson can take you into the BVIs as well if you like. The day is yours to choose how you spend it, Capt Wilson has good ideas of where to take you, if you tell him what you like to do. He has a cooler stocked with snacks, soda, and beer. He has an underwater camera and a regular camera and takes pics through out the day, which is a great way to remember your day! We were traveling with 4 teenagers and they all had a blast that day!! We did a trip with him a week and a bit ago and he had sent us pictures via email by the next day!

He has a taxi driver that he recommends, Ali. We used him as well....airconditioned minivan was nice to get into on a warm day! (he also has an open air taxi for larger groups?) Ali pointed out things of interest along the way back from Red Hook.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We booked a private day trip with Island Wilson Excursions. It is a catamaran power boat, so pretty stable. Capt Wilson can take you into the BVIs as well if you like. The day is yours to choose how you spend it, Capt Wilson has good ideas of where to take you, if you tell him what you like to do. He has a cooler stocked with snacks, soda, and beer. He has an underwater camera and a regular camera and takes pics through out the day, which is a great way to remember your day! We were traveling with 4 teenagers and they all had a blast that day!! We did a trip with him a week and a bit ago and he had sent us pictures via email by the next day!

He has a taxi driver that he recommends, Ali. We used him as well....airconditioned minivan was nice to get into on a warm day! (he also has an open air taxi for larger groups?) Ali pointed out things of interest along the way back from Red Hook.

Do you have contact information for Ali? I would love to contact him for a tour.

Here are some of our experiences from previous visits to St Thomas

Walking through Charlotte Amalie -

Seaplane to St. Croix and day-trip to Christiansted - The

and

or a daytrip to St. John -

Enjoy St. Thomas.

Hey...Sorry this is OT, but I saw you have a ticker from cruise-ships.com...how did you enter the ports you'd been to? I keep trying but cant figure it out.

To us, Sapphire was paradise. The beauty, the water, the beach, the sea life, iguanas walking around and in the trees. It was the best of both worlds for those that like to snorkel and those that don't.

Great pictures - thanks! Looks like a fantastic beach, but maybe not for swimming and just playing in the water? From the pics I don't see much area that doesn't have coral. We'll be in St. Thomas this month, so would love any info you have.

Thanks

Great pictures - thanks! Looks like a fantastic beach, but maybe not for swimming and just playing in the water? From the pics I don't see much area that doesn't have coral. We'll be in St. Thomas this month, so would love any info you have.

Thanks

Yes, there was plenty of area just to swim with just the sand underneath you.

All of this was a sandy area and to the left when you walk in. The darker areas was some sea grass (where you can find neat little critters in sometimes).

IMG_1709-M.jpg

You will find tons of these little guys in the sandy swimming part...they will follow you around. :D

IMG_1722-M.jpg

More showing the sandy/sea grass areas. It goes out pretty far.

IMG_2012-M.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Hey...Sorry this is OT, but I saw you have a ticker from cruise-ships.com...how did you enter the ports you'd been to? I keep trying but cant figure it out.

Sorry for late answer

Once loggen into your cruise-ships.com cruising profile move the mouse to the ship - then you will see three icons at the left side of the box - 'waste bin' - 'suitcase' and 'house' - click the 'suitcase' and you can enter the ports of call.

Archived