Nap on Embarkation Day/Oasis

So, after a lot of consideration, my husband and I have chosen to drive down for our cruise (about 13-14 hours). We will be driving down one-way and then flying back. My question is, we will be driving through the night.... I know I've read that you can usually get in your room by 1:00 on embarkation day. I also think that muster drill is a few hours after that? We may get on the ship and be so excited that we can't nap.... but, just in case- once we get in our room, would we be able to lay down for a couple hours and take a nap or is there a reason why this wouldn't work? Thanks everyone! Your advice has been invaluable!

Just make certain you report to the muster drill. Since the Concordia issue anyone who does not report to the muster drill will be asked to leave the ship before it departs. In April on the Enchantment of the Seas the Captain clearly stated this over the PA system. Also there have been actual reports of other cruise lines off loading passengers for failure to report to the muster drill.

We loved those pre-sail away power naps, 30 to 60 minutes are best - folks in Europe & Asian countries do it daily after lunch - set the mobile phone/smartphone alarm clock to ring. Wake up & freshen up, take a quick shower & we sometimes do a quick change of clothes too (always carry a set in carryons - in case of delays in the luggages finding the matching cabin in the delivery system) - and ready for the safety drill.

On our last one, our cabin attendant was banging on doors, and they do go into locked cabins to check quickly & mark all the empty ones once the 7-1 alarm sound go off. If you put a DND and double-locked from the inside, s/he know that someone is inside and will do her/his best to get you to go to muster station.

Archived