BEWARE booking online!

I booked my Spring Break 2013 cruise months ago online. I can no longer access my cruise account onine...to make payments, check balance, etc. I called RCCL and was informed there was a "glitch" and now I have to call to make any changes, payments, etc. If I wanted to call to reserve and make payments, I would have done that in the first place!

BAD busness practice! I would cancel if I didn't have to cabin already picked out!

So let me get this straight your upset because you have to call someone?

It does sound trivial, but it would be annoying not to be able to access my account information online, make changes, etc...I log in at least once a week when I have a cruise booked.

I understand your frustration. The beauty of being able to make changes online is the reason you booked it online. If you wanted to have to talk to someone to make a change, you would have booked through a TA. If it's 3 A.M. and you want to make a change, you can without having to talk to anyone. No one is disturbed in your household while you take care of business. Maybe it's a glitch that will get fixed.

I personally understand your frustration. We recently booked a last minute cruise and was told the only thing open for dining was MTD! :eek: We can waitlist, but in the mean time, we're stuck pre-paying gratuities when that is what we use onboard credit for! It's the big reason we have a credit card that will give points to turn into onboard credit. We have to choose a dining time. Cannot make a reservation without a dining time assigned.

I truly "getcha"! It does make you feel like cancelling and starting over.

I can make an on line payment in much less time than 5 minutes. I also can understand the OP's frustration as I, too, prefer to do things myself. But I suspect the issue is just temporary. RCI's web site has glitches on a regular basis but they get worked out.

Archived