Horror in Boston-Carnival Glory June 10

bhanback

Yes, Interline works with all the cruise lines.

As far as the Porters..... not one approached us as we came towards them and there were at least 4 guys standing there, just standing there.

We had the same experience boarding the Dawn last year. We finally had to flag a porter down and they did NOT get a tip.:mad:

My wife and I and two friends sailed on this June 10th cruise along with some 25 other cruise critic friends.

Boarding was smooth and the wait was typical of any port.

Getting off was a breeze with practically no boarder patrol issues.

Sorry your experience was rough.

Sorry about the boarding fiasco and unrelaxing start in the Am from your hotel..those are bummers on trips for sure. I am really beginning to see the special driv/shuttle offered to port form any hotel I have ended up in recently before a cruise is usually great help..small..all headind in one direction an the driver gives you tips on how to navigate and jokes about our waitng to feed our faces in buffet..just seeing what a gift that has been and not purposely picked..but luck of the bidding process..for Long Beach, and San Diego ports.

Miami have never been to..FT Lauderdale was a lifetime ago..so will read up more on those..

Had a bad burned steak once at a Mortons and flabbergasted at the cost..that high flame broil goes any way..Loved my 2 Ruth Chris splurges..but give me the secret steak houses here..LOL..and my own tenderloins from Costco...hope rest of cruise was better..Sarah

This is NOT typical of the cruise experience out of Boston and perhaps people might need to put themselves in the shoes of the employee? Is it ever right to be rude or snippy? NO! but.... when you have a situation beyond your control, the ship is still debarking because of a situation beyond their control and you have people who are arriving to embark (which is not a usual situation and could not have been antisipated) it can get overwhelming with people asking questions and being rude to the emplyee for something that is not their fault.

(side note: the name of the campany that they use in Boston is not Interline)

This is NOT typical of the cruise experience out of Boston and perhaps people might need to put themselves in the shoes of the employee? Is it ever right to be rude or snippy? NO! but.... when you have a situation beyond your control, the ship is still debarking because of a situation beyond their control and you have people who are arriving to embark (which is not a usual situation and could not have been antisipated) it can get overwhelming with people asking questions and being rude to the emplyee for something that is not their fault.

(side note: the name of the campany that they use in Boston is not Interline)

Ok, if YOU know the name of the company they use, could you provide it? I would like to write a letter to the company to let them know of my observations and experiences. I did not see anyone treating these employees in a rude or snippy way, but I saw LOTS of rude and snippy responses from said employees. Seemed to me that folks were just seeking to understand the situation and by asking questions they were interrupting the big "social whirl" that the boarding employeess were engaging in. It is not at all unusual for people to arrive at the pier while the prior cruise is still debarking.....and those cruisers are always aware that they have a wait ahead of them. That did not seem to cause any problems at all. It was the complete indifference to such simple questions as how to check bags with porters and the conflicting information which created the bad situation. For myself, I am not losing sleep over this but for other people whom I saw being treated this way, including a lady in a wheelchair and several families with children in strollers, I got pretty steamed about it. Just saying.....

• 1 month later...
To the posters who have been commenting on Barking Crab, I only have a few words. The " No Name Restaurant is down the street". Barking Crab does not have a good reputation with the locals. Suffice it to say I have been told by people who work in the area that the Board of Health knows them well.

Just sayin :rolleyes:

Two years ago my husband was injured there due to incompetence of their hostess. No one on the staff seemed to care, and nothing was done to check on him. Others dining there were very concerned and offered their names in case he needed to pursue the issue. And as stated, the food was terrible, AND he had to pay for it! Why are they still in business???

Two years ago my husband was injured there due to incompetence of their hostess. No one on the staff seemed to care, and nothing was done to check on him. Others dining there were very concerned and offered their names in case he needed to pursue the issue. And as stated, the food was terrible, AND he had to pay for it! Why are they still in business???

I served on a jury from the federal courthouse for 18 months. On day one the lawyer said. BTW, don't go to Barking Crab for lunch. We want you here this afternoon. She said they are regularly shut down. This was over 2 years ago now, but don't know if things have changed.

Sorry about your DH :(. Hope he is OK.

We were on the Glory out of Boston on July 12th & the boarding was fabulous. We parked @ 11:10 & were on board by 11:30. That included taking the bus, waiting for a porter to get us luggage tags since ours printed wrong, going through security, checking in, embarkation photo, & getting on board. It was the best embarkation time we have ever had.

Iam sooo glade I dont live in or around Boston!!! I know alot of people from that area and Iam not surpised at your story. On a whole most people from that area seem to have alot of problems. I hope they get the help they need. Bless their hearts..

WOW..

I am from Boston. Actually worked in the area by the terminal for awhile (Spirit of Boston). And worked MANY years in the south station area (Federal Reserve Bank, One Financial Plaza and on Lincoln Street).

Your comment is offensive. People from Boston do not have any more "problems" than people from anywhere else. It was a bad day embarking not an indication of what the "people of Boston" are like.

Your comment makes you sound like an ignorant bigot.

WOW..

I am from Boston. Actually worked in the area by the terminal for awhile (Spirit of Boston). And worked MANY years in the south station area (Federal Reserve Bank, One Financial Plaza and on Lincoln Street).

Your comment is offensive. People from Boston do not have any more "problems" than people from anywhere else. It was a bad day embarking not an indication of what the "people of Boston" are like.

Your comment makes you sound like an ignorant bigot.

Thank you. I am from the Boston area also. I'd like to know what "problems" we are supposed to have? The Boston area has more colleges/universities than any other city. Not to mention the hospitals are the best in the country.

As far as the area, there are no issues walking around that area. And you can find a Dunkin' Donuts on every block.

I've been all over the country and have experienced rude people everywhere. Not once would I malign a whole city or area because of the actions of some.

It's too bad the OP had this experience. From what I've read elsewhere, this is not the normal experience there.

Ok, sorry, trying to do this review on the IPad and the auto correct is not always helpful. I hope everyone understands that "Excalibur" should be Elevator!

Ha! I was wondering what Excalibur was! I figured you stopped at the restaurant or something!!

I sailed twice from Boston (to Bermuda). We arrived at 11:30 and had no issues boarding. It went smoothly and quickly. Unfortunately, you must have been there on a "bad day".

Just curious too...which hotel did you stay at?

Iam sooo glade I dont live in or around Boston!!! I know alot of people from that area and Iam not surpised at your story. On a whole most people from that area seem to have alot of problems. I hope they get the help they need. Bless their hearts..

LOL!!!!!!! I usually ignore clueless people, but needed to publicly laugh at this!!

hahahahahahahaha!:D

I'm going to guess that the main problem was that you arrived at the port too early. 8:30am sounds like it's about 3 hours before the recommended arrival time at the port. I wonder if they even had everyone from the previpus cruise off the ship.

Archived