New Royal Princess Video and PDF

IECalCruiser

Don't know if anyone has posted yet but there is a new video "Celebrating One Year Until Launch of Royal Princess Cruise Ship" and a new PDF summarizing features. Not really anything new but a good review.

Thanks...I've sailed with CC members Phylis & Jim and will be with them on the Royal's TA.

The PDF is a nice brochure on the Royal & nice to have the info in one place.

Could you post a link? :)

That's the link to the PDF brochure but I couldn't cut & paste the video's link which you can access from the Princess homepage.

We've sailed with Phyllis & Jim (phyljim) & they're a great couple to interview for this video.

That's the link to the PDF brochure but I couldn't cut & paste the video's link which you can access from the Princess homepage.

We've sailed with Phyllis & Jim (phyljim) & they're a great couple to interview for this video.

Here's the video link...

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/rp/video_tours/rp_video_popups/royal_one_year_popup.html

Ut oh... did you notice that all the balconies show just two chairs and a small table except for full suites? Also, the loungers shown on deck look like the same hard-as-concrete version of the chairs I had on the Star last March. Hopefully, this is just a representation and not what each balcony will have or the style of loungers.

Ut oh... did you notice that all the balconies show just two chairs and a small table except for full suites? Also, the loungers shown on deck look like the same hard-as-concrete version of the chairs I had on the Star last March. Hopefully, this is just a representation and not what each balcony will have or the style of loungers.

With most of the balconies appearing to be the same size excluding the full suites, that may be all we'll have on the balcony. Based on the Royal's deck plans the larger cabins (deluxe balcony & mini-suite) bump out into the hallway to add the extra space.

The number of chairs is one thing...the uncomfortable 'new' balcony furniture is a pain in the...backside. :rolleyes:

Don't know if anyone has posted yet but there is a new video "Celebrating One Year Until Launch of Royal Princess Cruise Ship" and a new PDF summarizing features. Not really anything new but a good review.

Pretty sure the renderings of the Sanctuary and the Spa are new - guessing we'll see these and more when the Lotus Spa video gets posted.

I'm afraid that the two "hard as concrete" chairs and the tiny table might be the norm for the balcony, deluxe balcony and mini-suite cabins. Gone are the 150 or so 9'x9' Caribe deck balconies and the 190 or so 9'x7' mini-suite balconies on the Grand class ships with almost all balconies no larger than the 9'x5' current standard.

Construction photos have confirmed that the Dolphin, and probably the Baja, aft Cat D4 cabins have larger 1/2 covered and 1/2 uncovered balconies similar to the Caribe deck balconies on the Grand class but they will probably have the same two chairs and tiny table as the other balconies :(:(:(. I will miss the Caribe deck furniture such as that we had on the Star in the Spring of 2010.

Caribe%2520Deck%2520Balcony%2520Furniture%2520Star%2520Princess.jpg

Archived