Voyager of the Seas Picture Review Singapore to Shanghai June 2012

Perhaps an odd question, but I'm an American going to do that March 23rd cruise to Shanghai aboard Voyager, and I'm also a big(some would say obsessive) college basketball fan. The cruise will take place during March Madness. My question is, does anyone know if any of the bars on board show US ESPN/related TV or is it more International ESPN/related TV. Basically, would the focus be more on basketball or soccer(football)? I figure it will be similar to what its been for the Australia to Singapore and other runs around Asia.

Getting closer to our cruise dates!

Just a couple of quick questions - 1) is the DreamWorks breakfast thing only for families with children? and 2) can we order multiple appetizers/entrees/desserts at the MDR for the 3 meals? (I saw some saying they could order all they like on the Allure)

If so, I think I am going to get so much fatter! :)

I was told that any passenger could sign up for the Dreamworks breakfast. No harm for you to try once you get onboard.

Yes, you can order as many starters/entrees/desserts as you want. Just help the wait staff by ordering them in sequence. My famiy orders additional portions all the time. We love to try the different dishes.

Perhaps an odd question, but I'm an American going to do that March 23rd cruise to Shanghai aboard Voyager, and I'm also a big(some would say obsessive) college basketball fan. The cruise will take place during March Madness. My question is, does anyone know if any of the bars on board show US ESPN/related TV or is it more International ESPN/related TV. Basically, would the focus be more on basketball or soccer(football)? I figure it will be similar to what its been for the Australia to Singapore and other runs around Asia.

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question.

I was told that any passenger could sign up for the Dreamworks breakfast. No harm for you to try once you get onboard.

Yes, you can order as many starters/entrees/desserts as you want. Just help the wait staff by ordering them in sequence. My famiy orders additional portions all the time. We love to try the different dishes.

I am going to put on so much weight! lol :D

As for the Deslok's question, I believe he is asking if the bars screen live sports programmes (like how some of our kopitiam screens EPL matches on the TV), and if they do, would they have the US basketball big matches that will be on that week. I am not sure about the bars, but I think there was a post on what cable channels were available in our cabin TVs somewhere?

Thanks for your review! As expected, the pictures have whet my appetite for a cruise to Asia. What was unexpected was how HUNGRY I am now as a result of those pictures. I'M STARVING!

Fabulous picture review! We will be on Voyager for first time doing an Asia cruise Oct. this year, Tianjin China to Singapore. Will spend a few nights in Beijing prior and then finish with a couple of days in Singapore. Booked to stay in Clarke Quay area and plan to take in as much as possible in two days...China town, Little India, Arab street etc. Very excited about the cruise including Singapore. Your review brings the ship and cruise to life. Thanks!

Fabulous picture review! We will be on Voyager for first time doing an Asia cruise Oct. this year, Tianjin China to Singapore. Will spend a few nights in Beijing prior and then finish with a couple of days in Singapore. Booked to stay in Clarke Quay area and plan to take in as much as possible in two days...China town, Little India, Arab street etc. Very excited about the cruise including Singapore. Your review brings the ship and cruise to life. Thanks!

A warm welcome to Singapore! Plenty to do here.

Hope you have lots of fun and come back again soon.

Thanks for your review! As expected, the pictures have whet my appetite for a cruise to Asia. What was unexpected was how HUNGRY I am now as a result of those pictures. I'M STARVING!

Thanks for letting me know. Hope you have lots of fun cruising in this region and please come by Singapore for at least a couple of days. :)

I am going to put on so much weight! lol :D

Indeed, cruising is also about feasting on all the great food.

Anyway, just exercise more. Use the gym, walk around the ship lots and lots. You'll burn off many calories too.

Also, keep off the carbs. Eat more salads and proteins.

PS: You don't have to finish your food, especially the carbs.

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Less than 60 days to go! Just got our Set Sail passes.

Boarding time is 12.00pm :D What time do you think we should be there?

By 11.

You would be so excited anyway. Go a bit earlier to check in and wait for boarding. They may bring out a Dreamworks character for a photo opportunity.

Hi,

we are from Montreal, and wondering if you share with us who your guide was in Vietnam.

How did you get fromthe port to ho chi min? did you take the service from the ship and then meet your guide?

any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for sharing... my family of 4 is going on the cruise on June 8th with Mariner of the seas... thanks for your postings... will be using it to plan our trip!

very helpful!

Maria:):):)

Hi,

we are from Montreal, and wondering if you share with us who your guide was in Vietnam.

How did you get fromthe port to ho chi min? did you take the service from the ship and then meet your guide?

any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for sharing... my family of 4 is going on the cruise on June 8th with Mariner of the seas... thanks for your postings... will be using it to plan our trip!

very helpful!

Maria:):):)

The guide picked us up from the port. We did not use the ship's shore excursions.

We used this company.

http://www.discovervietnam.com.vn/Eng/index.php

You can google them up and read the reviews on trip advisor too. They are very well reviewed.

• 2 weeks later...

I just found this thread. Great review! An Asian cruise is on my list of things to do once retired, and this looks like a good itinerary. I absolutely love HK...one of my favorite cities in the world. I'll be in Singapore for the first time in April and am very much looking forward to it. Unfortunately, I'll probably only have about a half day for touristy stuff (it's a business trip). Based on reading this thread, I'm thinking of some combination of Gardens by the Bay and an evening ride on the Singapore Flyer as you suggested. You make a great ambassador for Singapore!

• 2 weeks later...
I just found this thread. Great review! An Asian cruise is on my list of things to do once retired, and this looks like a good itinerary. I absolutely love HK...one of my favorite cities in the world. I'll be in Singapore for the first time in April and am very much looking forward to it. Unfortunately, I'll probably only have about a half day for touristy stuff (it's a business trip). Based on reading this thread, I'm thinking of some combination of Gardens by the Bay and an evening ride on the Singapore Flyer as you suggested. You make a great ambassador for Singapore!

Welcome to Singapore!

Which hotel would you be staying at?

Hope you have time to come back to visit us again.

thanks for a great review we are doing the freo to singapore cruise in three weeks time!

we have kiddies aged 7 and 9 so hopinh they get involved with kids club! did you hve to book the character breakfast?

thanks

Yes, you have to book the character breakfast. I suggest to do it once you get onboard. You can call from your stateroom or go to the dining room to book.

They get booked up quite fast!!

Complimentary though.

Hi Iluvcruising, just wanted your opinion, we are a family with 2 boys aged 17 and 22. we will be doing the precruise in singapore in June on Mariners of the sea (RCCL). we are staying at York Hotel on Mount Elizabeth, Orchard Singapore.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

maria

Hi Iluvcruising, just wanted your opinion, we are a family with 2 boys aged 17 and 22. we will be doing the precruise in singapore in June on Mariners of the sea (RCCL). we are staying at York Hotel on Mount Elizabeth, Orchard Singapore.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

maria

Hi,

Sorry for the slight delay in my reply.

How many nights would you be in Singapore and what advice would you like?