Question for Diamond members...

barbatkins

Hey everyone...... I was wondering if any of you who are Diamond have received your luggage tags and/or any written info from Carnival yet since the new program took effect?

I did get a call from Carnival the week before it took effect - verifying my address - and the guy told me they would be mailing out info to the top tier guests....... but so far I've received nothing.....

thanks

Barb

Hey everyone...... I was wondering if any of you who are Diamond have received your luggage tags and/or any written info from Carnival yet since the new program took effect?

I did get a call from Carnival the week before it took effect - verifying my address - and the guy told me they would be mailing out info to the top tier guests....... but so far I've received nothing.....

thanks

Barb

My DW has not received hers yet, I won't be Diamond till my next cruise..My 26th...Dennis

Not going to happen. Have to allow enough revenue passengers in to keep the doors open.

It is my understanding there are just over 3,000 Milestone/Diamond and I just wonder how they are going to keep up with the logistics of one time per person..Dennis

My DW has not received hers yet, I won't be Diamond till my next cruise..My 26th...Dennis

I'm a little surprised with as many 5 day cruises that are in your history that you are going to be Diamond on your 26th.........I have 4 five day cruises in my history and still need 29 days to make it to Diamond. I've only had a couple of cruises longer than 7 days. I figure even with what I have booked it's going to take me at least until mid 2014 to make Diamond......I'm retiring in 9 days and just can't cruise more than a couple of times a year for awhile.

Spoke with someone at the Diamond desk about a separate issue and she asked me if DW or I had received ours. I am at daughter's house now but hadn't received them as of last Saturday. Carnival Diamond phone person said she thought their were 3 separate mailings.

It is my understanding there are just over 3,000 Milestone/Diamond and I just wonder how they are going to keep up with the logistics of one time per person..Dennis

Milestone is not a level and there are certainly less than 3000 Diamond level members.

The logistics are easy. 1 letter = 1 meal. No letter? No meal. Don't even need a computer to do that.

I'm a little surprised with as many 5 day cruises that are in your history that you are going to be Diamond on your 26th.........I have 4 five day cruises in my history and still need 29 days to make it to Diamond. I've only had a couple of cruises longer than 7 days. I figure even with what I have booked it's going to take me at least until mid 2014 to make Diamond......I'm retiring in 9 days and just can't cruise more than a couple of times a year for awhile.

Some of those are Girl cruises that I did not go on...I've only had one 5 day and have 189 days...Dw has over 207...I did a 15 day on the Elation , 9 and 12 day on the Spirit and a couple of 8's...Good luck with your retirement, it's a great feeling to know we don't have to get up in the morning and go to work(I've been retired 4 1/2 years)..:)..Dennis

thanks

Barb

Yesterday afternoon DH and I each received a package from Carnival delivered by FedEX with the luggage tag and the passport holder. Also included were two letters which we are supposed to bring on board when using the comped meal. Each of letters stated it was was good for a meal for two at the Specialty Restaurant of our choice--Steakhouse or Cucina Del Capitano.

Milestone is not a level and there are certainly less than 3000 Diamond level members.

The logistics are easy. 1 letter = 1 meal. No letter? No meal. Don't even need a computer to do that.

I saw on one post here that there were 3,150 that are Diamond...Or course that could be incorrect as are lots of facts quoted on CC that are not true....Dennis

I saw on one post here that there were 3,150 that are Diamond...Or course that could be incorrect as are lots of facts quoted on CC that are not true....Dennis

I doubt that is correct.

Allegedly there are about that number of Milestone cruisers, many of whom are not Diamond. I would think the actual numbers might be proprietary. Why show the competition your hand?

thanks

Barb

Yes I received my luggage tag and a passport holder a few days ago along with a letter but keep the letter( read it).

Gary

My guess for current Diamond members is about 600 or 20% of the milestone group. I have averaged 6.6 days per cruise and still need 16 days to diamond.

I don't know if that number is close or not, but whatever the number is, I think it could easily double if not triple over the next 2-3 years.

Archived