Live from the Westerdam . . .

tomculb

. . . and going nowhere. Three hours after departure time from Sitka, they're having trouble getting tender #13 aboard, and we're going nowhere fast. Don't know what this will do for tomorrow morning's early shore excursions in Ketchikan, but this is a pretty delightful place to be "stuck." High overcast but otherwise a very pleasant evening. If this were an airplane I'd be demanding free drinks, but under the circumstances I'd almost be willing to pay double!

Hi,

''Go with the flow'', as they say:rolleyes:.....I bet you'll have a good ''ride '' to Ketchikan:cool:...but, yes, early shorex will be toast. No option, really.

Just enjoy whatever Life brings.

Cheers

Just go with the flow.

We had something similar happen a few years ago on the OLD Noordam when lifeboat "13 (ironic) was being worked on while we were in Aruba and suddenly one of the cables slipped and she slipped and crashed into one of the Lido windows. On the older ships the Lido was on a lower deck. We left Aruba late and arrived in Grand Cayman late. They had to hand string the cable to get her pulled back up.

Definitely going with the flow and enjoying every minute of it. We must have made good time because it's now 6:52AM and we're nudging up to the dock in Ketchikan, right on time. On our way to fly into Misty Fiords.

If you mean families with young children, I would say not nearly as many as I would have expected. I'm not sure how to quantify that in terms others would understand, but families with younger kids would certainly be the exception, not the rule, on this cruise.

Archived