Barcelona Airport ATM

Most airports have maps of their terminals online. See if you can find one to get an idea of the ATM location. I did not do that for Venice but I did do it for Nice and it worked perfectly. Luckily in Venice my cousin had euros so I paid her back when I found an ATM.

I would recommend taking a small amount of Euros so that you can get a cab and a quick snack, then use ATMs further in the city. Airport ATMs often have large service fees and if they happen to be out of order when you're there (hey, it happens), then you're stuck. Using ATMs to get Euros is a good idea, IMO, but start with a small amount to get you to your hotel.

I would recommend taking a small amount of Euros so that you can get a cab and a quick snack, then use ATMs further in the city. Airport ATMs often have large service fees and if they happen to be out of order when you're there (hey, it happens), then you're stuck. Using ATMs to get Euros is a good idea, IMO, but start with a small amount to get you to your hotel.

Exactly what I always do. I had the ATMs in the airport in Pisa and my flight terminal in CDG go out of order (no money) on me. I like being able to go directly to my baggage (If I check), grab a cab or train and be out of the airport quickly. It's nice to not have to wait in line with the 200 others who got off my plane to try out the ATM.

Archived