Barcelona Hilton Hotels - Any Advice??

jwb3843

Hello! My husband and I will be arriving in Barcelona 2 days prior to our cruise, and have an opportunity to stay at no charge at one of the Hilton hotels using HH points. They appear to be located fairly close to one another in the financial district. The hotel information:

Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona

Passeig Del Taulat 262-264

Hilton Barcelona

Avda Diagonal 589-591

(Website says 5 minutes from Santa Train station & 15 minutes from airport)

Does anyone know anything about the hotels?? Preference between the two? I'd also like to specifically know the following:

How far will it be to the town center?

How far will it be to the cruise port?

Approximate cost of taxi fare from hotel?

Approximate cost of taxi fare to the port?

Will it be easy to use public transportation for sight seeing purposes from these locations?

Thank you for your help!

Julie

The answers to a lot of your questions may be found on these hotel's webpages. Have you looked there?

You may also want to read the reviews on tripadvisor.com, or use the search function here, as they have been discussed before.

The problem with Hilton hotels is they are not walking distance from the main sites. However, the Diagonal Mar does have one of the hop on/hop off bus stops (Barcelona Turistic - Green route) near their property.

Taxi to/from the airport should be around 35 Euros. From the cruise port, it shouldn't be anymore than 10-15 Euros. Watch them! They like to jack up the price at the last second. Don't let them touch that meter after arriving!

I stayed at the Hilton Avda Diagonal last October. It is situated in a residential area and the nearest metro station is Maria Christina. It took about 15 mins on the metro to Las Ramblas. Did walk it one day. Delicious breakfast with a lot of choice.

Very reasonable tapas restaurant next door. About 20- 25 euros to and from port

The Hilton Diagonal Mar I did not see but is on the coast with good views.

We stayed at the Hilton Diagonal last fall. It's an excellent hotel - big, contemporary rooms with big windows. It is right across the street from the HOHO stop, and a mall with 5-6 restaurants. We liked the Italian place so much we went twice. If you can get up to the executive level, they have a nice breakfast and happy hour.

The disadvantage is that it is on the far side of the city, so transport to the city is going to cost more. But the way we figured, the hotel is free, so we can pay more for taxis.

We stayed at the Hilton Diagonal last fall. It's an excellent hotel - big, contemporary rooms with big windows. It is right across the street from the HOHO stop, and a mall with 5-6 restaurants. We liked the Italian place so much we went twice. If you can get up to the executive level, they have a nice breakfast and happy hour.

The disadvantage is that it is on the far side of the city, so transport to the city is going to cost more. But the way we figured, the hotel is free, so we can pay more for taxis.

Thanks SO much, Quince! This information is really helpful!

Julie

You might want to head into Flyertalk.com (the sister site for frequent flyers) there is an extensive discussion on the merits of both Barcelona's Hiltons in the Hilton forum there.

I am heading to Barcelona tomorrow and staying several nights at the Hilton (got a great rate while they were closed). The hotel has been renovated and just reopened last month so I expect a nice experience.

I will report back once I'll get back from my cruise.

You might want to head into Flyertalk.com (the sister site for frequent flyers) there is an extensive discussion on the merits of both Barcelona's Hiltons in the Hilton forum there.

I am heading to Barcelona tomorrow and staying several nights at the Hilton (got a great rate while they were closed). The hotel has been renovated and just reopened last month so I expect a nice experience.

I will report back once I'll get back from my cruise.

Thanks SO much for the website suggestion ~ I'd not heard of that one, and will definitely visit this weekend. And yes, please do let me know what you found when you arrived! That will be great!! Have a safe trip!!

Julie

Archived