Things we must do in St. Marteen/ St. Thomas?

vicknich1

It is anything but "sadly". I go on vacation to experience new and unique things. I would rather see something different and unusual than sit on yet another beach. I can do that at home for the price of gas for a half hour drive. :rolleyes:

Well said!!

This was in October 2006 on our Disney cruise. The yacht racing was an amazingly fun experience. I've owned sailboats before, but to be on a real America's Cub boat was nirvana. The boat we were racing was the Stars And Stripes.

For something truly extraordinary, below is another photo of the plane landing. This is one I found on the internet while surfing for more photos of this beach. Look closely and you will see that it is virtually identical to mine. The plane is slightly further on it's landing path, and the woman at the bottom of my photo is not there, but everything else is identical. (the first photo is the other person's - the bottom one is mine). I have come to the conclusion that this second photo was taken a fraction of a second after mine by the woman in my photo!! What are the odds of finding a photo on line taken by the person in my own photo? Maybe I should start playing the lottery???

St.%20Maarten%20landing%20other%20person%20photo.jpg

St.%20Maarten%20landing.JPG

You should play the lottery! HAHA. I went back to my post and rewatched the youtube videos. I had to see if it was the same plane and people on the beach. But it was not. The videos I put links to are not my videos (just to clarify).

There are some great beaches to see. In St. Marteen it is amazing to see the planes come in as in this video.

However, be careful and don't under estimate the power of a jet engine.

• 2 weeks later...

Bernard for St. Maarten - got to go to Maho and Orient Beaches, as well as all over the island - French and Dutch side. Along with his wonderful travelogue, we got rum punch(and soft drinks) Great excursion. Go to St. Maarten board to find out how to contact him - well worth it!!

Archived