Things we must do in St. Marteen/ St. Thomas?

vicknich1

Please send my suggestions for the best excursion experiences for St. Marteen and St. Thomas... thanks!:D

youngestof9,

Is this your first time to both of these ports??

What type of excursion info do you need,

water or land??

Land probably... we have never been there and want to have the best experiences possible... thanks!

My parents and thier cousins really enjoyed Coral World. (ages in the 60's) It is right on Coki Beach which has some of the best snorkeling to see fish. I know you said land, but in case you wanted land and beach. :) To go to Coral World you don't need to be with an excursion, you can take a taxi there 8-10 $ PP each way. Then it's just the admission price to get in. Very easy to get in a taxi going back.

Land probably... we have never been there and want to have the best experiences possible... thanks!

We have been to St. Thomas and St. Martin numerous times.

Both places you will be able to take a small bus taxis around the islands.

You can take a taxi that will take you around the island, shopping, then to the beach.

This is not too expensive to do. One of our favorite beaches in St. Martin is Maho Beach.

You can see pictures of this beach on Youtube. Very cool, the airplanes fly by very low and there are people that wait for them to come by the fence and get knocked down on their butt from the wind of the airplanes. We have been there next to the restaurant bar and it's true.

St. Thomas we liked Paradise Point. Beautiful views of the island, awesome cable cart ride down, not to be missed, easy to get there.

Beaches at both places are absolutely gorgeous!!

Whatever you decide to do on both of these islands, leave plenty of time to get back to the ship. Traffic is horrid in the afternoons. Try to be back on board 1 hr before sailaway instead of the 30 minutes required and you should do just fine.

Both islands have fantastic beaches. St. Thomas is a short ferry ride to St. John and the beaches are even better there.

St. Maarten has famous (or infamous) Orient Beach, Maho and other jewels.

Both islands are my DH's favorite shopping ports, and boy can he shop!

The Ports of Call board will give you all of the information you are seeking.

Have a great cruise.

:D

One of our favorite beaches in St. Martin is Maho Beach.

You can see pictures of this beach on Youtube. Very cool, the airplanes fly by very low and there are people that wait for them to come by the fence and get knocked down on their butt from the wind of the airplanes. We have been there next to the restaurant bar and it's true.

Here's a photo I took during my visit to this unique beach:

St.%20Maarten%20landing.JPG

Earlier that day we did the 12 Meter Challenge America's Cup Yacht Racing, a mock race between two retired America's Cup racing yachts. Everybody had a task to perform as part of the "crew" while we competed with another boat. Fun!! Oh, and we won!!!

America

Based upon your interests, I would recommend Bernard's Tours in St Maarten. You can read about our day with them here: http://www.thenextjourney.com/2012/01/st-maarten-marigot-maho-beach-airplanes/

We did the tour with Bernard in 2010 - very well done and a great way to see much of the island and get some beach in too!

Earlier that day we did the 12 Meter Challenge America's Cup Yacht Racing, a mock race between two retired America's Cup racing yachts. Everybody had a task to perform as part of the "crew" while we competed with another boat. Fun!! Oh, and we won!!!

America

We did the AC Race a few years ago! OMG the MOST FUN I ever worked my a@@ off for! If you want some action & adventure do this!

When in St Thomas take a tour to St John's Trunk bay. It is a beautiful boat ride to the island with a safari vehicle ride to the beach. Its very laid back, calm beach, restrooms and changing areas. It is just breathtaking. Has great calm water snorkeling with beautiful coral beds.

Is that plane photo for real!?!?!

Sadly, it is -- and there are many people who spend their time on an island which has some of the best beaches in the Caribbean, hanging around on an over-crowded second rate beach just hoping to get blown over by jet exhaust, coated with grime, and possibly getting eyes full of grit. Go figure.

Mountain Top in St Thomas has re-opened. We were there before the fire, and if it's anything like that now, I would definitely recommend a trip up there. Paradise Point cable car is also a good trip. If docked at Havensight, it's a pretty short walk to the base. We did a "Views of St Thomas" excursion from the ship that went to both.

Sadly, it is -- and there are many people who spend their time on an island which has some of the best beaches in the Caribbean, hanging around on an over-crowded second rate beach just hoping to get blown over by jet exhaust, coated with grime, and possibly getting eyes full of grit. Go figure.

Been there, done that..

It's still fun to watch others.

People who watch this on the internet don't mind going to see it for them selves.

America

boogs,

Thanks for sharing these awesome pictures. The yacht picture looks like so much fun.

When we were there we only sow a few smaller airplanes fly by. This airplane in

your picture is huge. The beach was just as crowded as the time when we were there.

How long ago where you there??

It is anything but "sadly". I go on vacation to experience new and unique things. I would rather see something different and unusual than sit on yet another beach. I can do that at home for the price of gas for a half hour drive. :rolleyes:

boogs,

Thanks for sharing these awesome pictures. The yacht picture looks like so much fun.

When we were there we only sow a few smaller airplanes fly by. This airplane in

your picture is huge. The beach was just as crowded as the time when we were there.

How long ago where you there??

This was in October 2006 on our Disney cruise. The yacht racing was an amazingly fun experience. I've owned sailboats before, but to be on a real America's Cub boat was nirvana. The boat we were racing was the Stars And Stripes.

For something truly extraordinary, below is another photo of the plane landing. This is one I found on the internet while surfing for more photos of this beach. Look closely and you will see that it is virtually identical to mine. The plane is slightly further on it's landing path, and the woman at the bottom of my photo is not there, but everything else is identical. (the first photo is the other person's - the bottom one is mine). I have come to the conclusion that this second photo was taken a fraction of a second after mine by the woman in my photo!! What are the odds of finding a photo on line taken by the person in my own photo? Maybe I should start playing the lottery???

St.%20Maarten%20landing%20other%20person%20photo.jpg

Archived