Actual length of time QM2 in Hamburg

PvTraveler

Hello ! Hope someone can help me with this question. Since Cunard no longer states the actual time the QM2 is in port, where could I find the information regarding her July 13 and July 25 visits in Hamburg ?:)

One visit is a "full day and evening" and the other is a "full day". Since sailaways from Hamburg are special I want to plan accordingly.

Thanks for any help on this !

Hello ! Hope someone can help me with this question. Since Cunard no longer states the actual time the QM2 is in port, where could I find the information regarding her July 13 and July 25 visits in Hamburg ?:)

One visit is a "full day and evening" and the other is a "full day". Since sailaways from Hamburg are special I want to plan accordingly.

Thanks for any help on this !

On Cunard's website on the FAQ's page about the dress codes, the docking and leaving times are mentioned on there

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/life-on-board/dress_code_all

Why visit Hamburg TWICE in one cruise, for two Whole days total?

This visit does not to make sense, although I do not not go ashore, if I did I would want another port to see other sights, not do one port a couple of days apart.

Why visit Hamburg TWICE in one cruise, for two Whole days total?

This visit does not to make sense, although I do not not go ashore, if I did I would want another port to see other sights, not do one port a couple of days apart.

It's so that people can embark and disembark in Hamburg. This is the itinerary for 14 days from and back to the UK:

13 July 2012 Southampton, England

14 July 2012 At Sea

15 July 2012 Hamburg, Germany

16 July 2012 At Sea

17 July 2012 Bergen, Norway

18 July 2012 Trondheim, Norway

19 July 2012 At Sea

20 July 2012 Honningsvaag, Norway

21 July 2012 Tromso, Norway

22 July 2012 At Sea

23 July 2012 Alesund, Norway

24 July 2012 At Sea

25 July 2012 Hamburg, Germany

26 July 2012 At Sea

27 July 2012 Southampton, England

10 days from and back to Hamburg:

15 July 2012 Hamburg, Germany

16 July 2012 At Sea

17 July 2012 Bergen, Norway

18 July 2012 Trondheim, Norway

19 July 2012 At Sea

20 July 2012 Honningsvaag, Norway

21 July 2012 Tromso, Norway

22 July 2012 At Sea

23 July 2012 Alesund, Norway

24 July 2012 At Sea

25 July 2012 Hamburg, Germany

So 13/14 July and 25/26 July could be treated as 2 day special priced/ taster cruises, with all that entails rather than part of a longer cruise?

How many of these "taster" cruises are Cunard doing in 2012/13?

Above all what does it mean for the "normal" cruiser, and I wonder why these 2 day cruises are being hidden, inside a normal cruise instead of being offered for what they are

There have been reports that these "taster cruises" are watered down, cheap fill ins for Cunard. If a "taster cruiser" pays $150 per day , I will bet that a normal cruiser will still have to pay $250-$350 per day for the same type of cabin.

So 13/14 July and 25/26 July could be treated as 2 day special priced/ taster cruises, with all that entails rather than part of a longer cruise?

Above all what does it mean for the "normal" cruiser, and I wonder why these 2 day cruises are being hidden, inside a normal cruise instead of being offered for what they are

There have been reports that these "taster cruises" are watered down, cheap fill ins for Cunard. If a "taster cruiser" pays $150 per day , I will bet that a normal cruiser will still have to pay $250-$350 per day for the same type of cabin.

I just looked at Cunard's website and there are nine of the 2-day embarkation in Hamburg cruises and two 3-day Hamburg cruises (also include Zeebrugge or Le Havre).

If you embark in NYC you get the 2 trips to Hamburg if you want to come back to NYC. I believe the 2 day over from Soton to Hamburg are not quite a "party cruise" as a round trip 2 or 3 day from Soton.

By going to Hamburg the passenger has the expense of flying back from Germany so it tends to attract a different passenger.

I have been on a "party cruise" and the 2 day over to Hamburg in the past as part of longer voyages and they are different experiences. As regards a slip in standards, yes some areas are affected, but mainly because the ship is at full capacity.

Anyway the fantastic sailaway from Hamburg for the QM2 makes 2 visits to the same port worth it.:)

A few reasons for Cunard..QM2 especially to visit Hamburg a lot is the amazing affection Hamburgers and Germans have for this great ocean liner. The sailaway from Hamburg is wonderful miles and miles of boats and people waving to you......The best sailaway by a long way.

Beats anywhere ive been.

On our trip from Hamburg, Cunard is doing very well with the Deutsche Dollar.

A few reasons for Cunard..QM2 especially to visit Hamburg a lot is the amazing affection Hamburgers and Germans have for this great ocean liner. The sailaway from Hamburg is wonderful miles and miles of boats and people waving to you......The best sailaway by a long way.

Beats anywhere ive been.

The farewell we got from the people in Travemunde on the QE last year was fantastic as well.

2vngza0.jpg

I have done the Southampton/Hamburg trip several times now as part of a "Grand Voyage" -- NY to NY. I have never felt that there was a "party" atmosphere going from SH/Hamburg or Hamburg/SH. I don't think there is anything to worry about.

Gosh, I love that photo! Thanks for posting it.

I agree that it is nice to depart from Hamburg, but unfortunately in the past I've slept through the arrival.

Next time I'm setting my alarm clock (iPhone). I want to see the sail in.

Archived