Cruise Personaliser

ukbriang

It seems that only excursions and spa treatments can be booked through the cruise personaliser. I was looking for online transfer booking details and it directs you to this section but there does not seem to be anywhere to book this. Also, in the past I have reserved a beer package for the stateroom but again on this occasion I cannot find anywhere to book these. Do you now have to ring Princess to arrange over the phone ? The cruise concerned is the Venice to Barcelona cruise on the Ruby - 29/07/12. Thanks for any help.

On the first personalizer page, click on "book additional services" on the right. The next page should give you the options. They show you the price before you accept it, you can just say no thanks if you don't want it.

chaz2010, "book additional services" does not exist on my personaliser, just excursions and spa reservations. These are the options showing.

spacer.gif

View Booking Summary

View Itinerary

Complete Passenger Immigration

Book Flights

Excursion Reservations

Reserve Lotus Spa

Update Special Requests

Travel Summary

Boarding Pass & Luggage Tag

Email Travel Summary

Boarding Pass

If you booked through a TA you will have to go through them I believe. Yes I just looked, I have 2 cruises booked, one with a TA and one on my own through princess. The one through the TA, add additional services is not there, but is is there on the cruise I booked on princess website.

I just call 1-800-PRINCESS for orders. I always get flowers for out cabin that way. No problems.

But to add xfers to a booking in the hands of a travel agent, you must contact the travel agent.

Hello---

Just thought I would tell you an easy way to get the beer package--

go to http://www.princess.com

scroll down to "learn about Princess"

go to "onboard experience"

click on "gifts and services"

It will bring up all the different gifts you can get -- wine, beer, chocolate covered strawberries, gaucamole, etc.

Hope this helps! Enjoy!

It seems that only excursions and spa treatments can be booked through the cruise personaliser. I was looking for online transfer booking details and it directs you to this section but there does not seem to be anywhere to book this. Also, in the past I have reserved a beer package for the stateroom but again on this occasion I cannot find anywhere to book these. Do you now have to ring Princess to arrange over the phone ? The cruise concerned is the Venice to Barcelona cruise on the Ruby - 29/07/12. Thanks for any help.

Transfer by taxi from airport to ship in Venice is around 50 euro. Ship to airport in Barcalona around 40 euro. Cheaper than the princess and very easy

Hello---

Just thought I would tell you an easy way to get the beer package--

go to www.princess.com

scroll down to "learn about Princess"

go to "onboard experience"

click on "gifts and services"

It will bring up all the different gifts you can get -- wine, beer, chocolate covered strawberries, gaucamole, etc.

Hope this helps! Enjoy!

Thanks for that, but when I looked it just refers you to call Princess to book these gifts/services rather than an online booking. I will call Princess in the UK to arrange this.

Thanks for the other replies too.

Transfer by taxi from airport to ship in Venice is around 50 euro. Ship to airport in Barcalona around 40 euro. Cheaper than the princess and very easy

50 euros seems expensive for the Venice transfer. After checking it appears most taxis are priced in the 30-35 euro region. May even try the Alilaguna water taxi which transfers direct from the airport to The Carlton where we are staying the first night.

50 euros seems expensive for the Venice transfer. After checking it appears most taxis are priced in the 30-35 euro region. May even try the Alilaguna water taxi which transfers direct from the airport to The Carlton where we are staying the first night.

I booked a Venice transfer ( with Princess) from the port to the airport and is was $98 USD! I only agreed to such an extravagant price because I have a 7am flight and if they do not get me there in time-I will raise cane with them. But I did see them cheaper if you do not have time restraints.

You can book your transfer with whomever you choose! You do not have to use your travel agent or Princess. To the boat, I booked a private transfer myself with another family- to save on costs.

chaz2010, "book additional services" does not exist on my personaliser, just excursions and spa reservations. These are the options showing.

spacer.gif

View Booking Summary

View Itinerary

Complete Passenger Immigration

Book Flights

Excursion Reservations

Reserve Lotus Spa

Update Special Requests

Travel Summary

Boarding Pass & Luggage Tag

Email Travel Summary

Boarding Pass

I'm sorry about that. Maybe it's only on the US site? The "view additional services" link on mine allows you to book transfers and buy the insurance coverage for the cruise.

I'm sorry about that. Maybe it's only on the US site? The "view additional services" link on mine allows you to book transfers and buy the insurance coverage for the cruise.

Called Princess in the UK but was diverted to US and ordered 2 beer packages without any problem. Not a bad price about $23 (£15) for 6 bottles.

Water taxis are the most expensive way to go, but convenient once you carry your luggage to the dock near the airport. Vaporettos are a less expensive way of water transport.

Since you are not coming in the day of the cruise, you cannot purchase a Princess xfer.

If the Carlton is a hotel that is part of a pre-cruise package you purchased from Princess, the xfer should be included in the Princess price of the hotel.

Water taxis are the most expensive way to go, but convenient once you carry your luggage to the dock near the airport. Vaporettos are a less expensive way of water transport.

Since you are not coming in the day of the cruise, you cannot purchase a Princess xfer.

If the Carlton is a hotel that is part of a pre-cruise package you purchased from Princess, the xfer should be included in the Princess price of the hotel.

I have seen the Alilaguna water taxi from the airport mentioned at 8-9 euros one way, so that is quite cheap. Apparently it stops very close to the Carlton.

I have seen the Alilaguna water taxi from the airport mentioned at 8-9 euros one way, so that is quite cheap. Apparently it stops very close to the Carlton.

The Alilaguna line is essentially a fancier vaporetto following a fixed route with fixed stops.

It is not a water taxi which is much smaller, has no fixed route, and can drop you off anywhere there is a dock.

Alilaguna line vaporetto picture

2619883680016033894S600x600Q85.jpg

Typical water taxi picture

2903591200016033894S600x600Q85.jpg

It is the same as the difference between a bus and a taxi from any US airport to the center of town, both in capacity and in pricing.

Archived