Upgrade fairy..

Charleyann

@Sarah, that's great to hear! When I booked this cabin last October, I had my pick of all 6 aft wraps. Glad I made a good choice! I seriously believe that some of those who claim excessive noise, soot, etc. are just trying to keep the aft wraps all to themselves! Sure, there may be noise and soot at times, but for that view, I will gladly endure it:D

Yep. Choice was made in Post 20, but in case you changed your mind since then :p, I just want to say AFT WRAP!!!

Also, if you have icky neighbors who do things you don't like on the balcony on one side, you can meander over to the other side when they are out there. Now, that won't work if you have a double icky, but we have never had that happen - yet. :eek:

Aside from the neighbor issue, you have the best of both worlds. You have the wake and you have the ability to see down the side and what is coming up ahead.

Love my wraps! Hope you will enjoy your's.

@Sarah, that's great to hear! When I booked this cabin last October, I had my pick of all 6 aft wraps. Glad I made a good choice! I seriously believe that some of those who claim excessive noise, soot, etc. are just trying to keep the aft wraps all to themselves! Sure, there may be noise and soot at times, but for that view, I will gladly endure it:D

I did EXTENSIVE research (because I'm a bit of a freak!) 6452 is a good second but there were a few complaining of noise. Nothing and I mean NOTHING in 6483. The thing I liked was that it had the largest full on aft area so dh and I could sit and watch the wake dead on rather than on an angle. Also, the balconies seem to get a bit thinner as they go up. Just compare a deck 8 vs a deck 6 and you will see what I mean. Don't get me wrong, there is NOTHING wrong with the size of the balcony on 8, I just found 6 deeper. BUT, it's one thing to see it in pics and and completely different thing in person. We found the balcony was actually ridiculously big for just two of us. But I would also like to note that a big selling feature of deck 7 and 8 is that it has a much longer side covered balcony where it's practically non existant on deck 6. For us we would book that cabin in a heart beat again. Our next cruise in next March in a vista suite. Very excited and had the pick of the bunch but unfortunately, since there are three of us, I was only able to select from 3. I felt I had no choice to book the only cabin available that was starboard side as everything would have felt backwards.

You sound like me; I also did a tremendous amount of research, and continued to research even after the booking just in case I missed anything. The larger aft view is what sold me initially as well. It seems non-existent on 7 and 8 was more narrow. And yes, I would take those if that was all that was available, but I'm beyong thrilled that I was able to book 6483. My husband and I are booked in that room, and we have our 3 children and one of their friends in 6477. I'm sure the balcony will be primarily just my husband and I. Only issue I forsee is ever going back to a standard balcony!

Seems like the pain meds may be doing a little more than placing you in slow mode...a bit touchy maybe....Golfadj was just pointing out what most people call her on these boards....and your next post calling him a bully was way out of line. Goldadj has never attacked anyone that I have seen on these boards and is always more than helpful. I for one value his opinion.

I hope your knee heels very quickly and you have a great cruise.

I agree with everything you said here.

Thank you. Wonder if the OP ever comes back she would have the manners to apologize.

I think it would be nice if she did... also think that maybe some need to take a look at the posters profile and posts...before they jump to a wrong conclusion and lash out...

Oh well... maybe she feels bad about it... or is embarrassed about it... whatever...

Hopefully she understands what you were saying now..

and hope her health gets better and she has a wonderful cruise.... :)

I think it would be nice if she did... also think that maybe some need to take a look at the posters profile and posts...before they jump to a wrong conclusion and lash out...

Oh well... maybe she feels bad about it... or is embarrassed about it... whatever...

Hopefully she understands what you were saying now..

and hope her health gets better and she has a wonderful cruise.... :)

Or even reread the post before jumping to conclusions.icon7.gif

. . . Sure, there may be noise and soot at times, but for that view, I will gladly endure it:D

If you look up and see the smoke from the smokestack heading straight aft, there will likely be soot on your balcony. We've had soot chunks and just a fine black mist, though not on every cruise when we were in an aft balcony. Just look before you sit down on the chairs; the soot is oily and will stain!

have fun!

Thanks for the heads up Lori! I'll plan on placing towels on the chairs just in case. Hopefully it won't be too bad.

We never had any soot issues on the Glory, but I know A LOT of people have complained about it. Maybe has to do with the way the wind is blowing? If there is a cross breeze, maybe it doesn't make it to the back. Who knows. Anyway, soot or no soot, aft wraps rock!

What I find intersting was that the OP made her choice (aft wrap) in Post #20.

Yet, more than 20 posts later (#41 and #42), people were still givng advice about what she SHOULD do.

Awesome, so now we have the grammar police, spelling police, and you would be the newcomer, the response police. Thank you for keeping everyone who is responding in line, how dare we state our opinion even if the OP has stated their decision? How nice of you to tell us.

Archived