Upgrade fairy..

Charleyann

Well excuse me for my ignorance! However, I just had my knee replaced 5 days ago. I am on pretty powerful pain meds which place me in slow mode...

Before you feel the need to degrade someone , think before you type. You don't know the story behind the scene ? :mad:

Charleyann

Seems like the pain meds may be doing a little more than placing you in slow mode...a bit touchy maybe....Golfadj was just pointing out what most people call her on these boards....and your next post calling him a bully was way out of line. Goldadj has never attacked anyone that I have seen on these boards and is always more than helpful. I for one value his opinion.

I hope your knee heels very quickly and you have a great cruise.

Well excuse me for my ignorance! However, I just had my knee replaced 5 days ago. I am on pretty powerful pain meds which place me in slow mode...

Before you feel the need to degrade someone , think before you type. You don't know the story behind the scene ? :mad:

Charleyann

Stu is a frequent poster and has very good advice on here.

He did not mean to offend you, just stating what it is normally called when you have to pay for the "upgrade".

Geez touchy touchy! I didn't think his post was rude or denigrating in any way! Lets all try not to read too much into other's posts - without facial expressions and other ocular and auditory clues, I try not to see bad intentions where there may be none.

:DHAPPY THOUGHTS!! HAPPY CRUISE!! HAPPY THOUGHTS!! HAPPY CRUISE!! HAPPY THOUGHTS!! HAPPY CRUISE!! HAPPY THOUGHTS!! HAPPY CRUISE!!

I'd keep the aft wrap....BUT, we are sun people and LOVE the aft view. It's not windy at the back like the sides of the ship. The downfall is that if it is raining, there is practically no shelter.

If you are NOT balcony people, you *may* want to do the upgrade. Personally, I wouldn't trade an aft wrap for a Grand Suite even if it was free.

My favorite thing about being in the aft is that when we came into Roatan, we backed in. Beyond cool. It was like we were at the very front of the ship.

Also, should note that an ocean suite's balcony will be more private. When we were standing at the railing we could see our neighbors. Didn't bother us one bit though.

Thank you. Think I will keep my aft !

Good decision! I've had both an aft wrap and a Grand Suite and I'd take the aft wrap any day!

Seems like the pain meds may be doing a little more than placing you in slow mode...a bit touchy maybe....Golfadj was just pointing out what most people call her on these boards....and your next post calling him a bully was way out of line. Goldadj has never attacked anyone that I have seen on these boards and is always more than helpful. I for one value his opinion.

I hope your knee heels very quickly and you have a great cruise.

I agree. I don't think Stu was degrading in any way. He just pointed out that this is an upsell not an upgrade. Nothing rude, mean, or vicious about it.

I was upgraded for free on the Disney Wonder back in 2000. We had booked a family room for 5, and I got the call about a month out we were upgraded to the 1 bedroom at no charge! It was basically twice the room with two balconies! If memory serves, we had booked 9 months in advance. The memories of that will last forever!

I was upgraded for free on the Disney Wonder back in 2000. We had booked a family room for 5, and I got the call about a month out we were upgraded to the 1 bedroom at no charge! It was basically twice the room with two balconies! If memory serves, we had booked 9 months in advance. The memories of that will last forever!

Wow now that is an upgrade!icon7.gif

does that "fairy" upsale to everyone regardless of how you booked your cruise??

they seem to mostly go to people who have booked direct. Makes sense in that one phone call gets the passenger instead of having to wait for TA to call customer and get back to them.

I hope you got your ego inflat ....people like you are bullies, and seems to get off putting others down!!!

Just keep in mind folks,,,,the ego inflat is short lived and these people will move to someone else and it could be you !!!

I think you could probably take your own advice. Did it make you feel better to call someone a name...a bully?

I've chatted with Stu a number of times and never known him to be anything but nice and helpful, and I see nothing that he said that was degrading. Upgrades are free...upsells cost money. That's all he was saying...nothing more, nothing less.

I do hope you get to feeling better soon and that you mend from your surgery quickly. I didn't notice when your cruise is, but I hope you get to enjoy it to the fullest with a healthy knee....whether it be in an aft wrap or a suite. :)

Aft wrap. We need a large cabin, but if I scored a wrap, you would have to claw it from my cold, dead hands. But then again, we are balcony people. I got an aft view on the splendor and cant wait to use my lounger away from the chogs on deck!

Sort of a related question; We are booked in a vista suite (Aft wrap 6483) but on the Conquest. It is my understanding that the vista suite on this class of ship does not receive priority boarding, correct?

Sort of a related question; We are booked in a vista suite (Aft wrap 6483) but on the Conquest. It is my understanding that the vista suite on this class of ship does not receive priority boarding, correct?

If it is classified as suite you get priority boarding.

Hmm, it showed as a vista suite on the Carnival deck plan, and it's a catagory 9C. However, I completed registration last night and printed my docs, and it doesn't list VIP on my boarding passes or luggage tags...

6483 is not a vista suite on the Conquest. It's a premium vista balcony. No suite perks. I was in the same cabin on the Glory and IMO the best cabin on the ship. A deeper balcony than the rest (except the other wrap on deck 6) and NO NOISE from below as it is dead space. You are going to LOVE it! Also nice as there is a little door that leads to your cabin and the cabin beside on the starboard side so you virtually hear no foot traffic!

Archived