Maasdam Thermal Suite

bbcruiser

Hi BB - was on Maasdam in April - Thermal spa was nice - no hydro pool on this class - just a small hot tub in the room - 2 rain type showers - 2 steam rooms (very hot:eek:) I think there were 5 tile chairs - yes they did have 1st day package offer - cannot remember cost....sorry.

Enjoy - happy sails!!

I can't comment on the Thermal Suite, but I will be cruising with you!!! We are so excited about this cruise...our 3rd time with this group. If you have any other questions, let me know!

Description above of the thermal suite is right on. We used it in March and enjoyed it. On day one, there was indeed a special - best price is for couples (doesn't have to be the person you are in the room with - can be a friend). If I recall correctly the price was around $180 for two for our 10 day cruise.

They only sell so many to the thermal suite so wise to get it on day one:)

YMMV but I personally would not book the thermal suite on the Maasdam again. I was used to the Vista set up of a seperate room for the thermal suite (that is usually quiet) and the hydropool. They are together in the same room on the Maasdam and the hydropool isn't really a hydropool so much as a large loud jacuzzi. While this in and of itself may not be an issue for some, both times I went on the Maasdam I was met by a gaggle of 3 women chattering loudly (same women both times) in the jacuzzi while I was trying to relax on the tile bed. They had also laid out all their stuff on the remaining tile beds, saving them I guess. I mentioned something to the staff but in the end, the women kept chattering and anyone trying to relax was out of luck. I guess I could have tried going later in the day but with all the port days and dinner at 7:30, just not enough time. It was a waste of $$ for me as I stopped trying. I enjoy it on Vista ships though. Seems the all quiet is maintained well for the most part on those ships and the hydropool is heavenly.

I can't comment on the Thermal Suite, but I will be cruising with you!!! We are so excited about this cruise...our 3rd time with this group. If you have any other questions, let me know!

Very excited as this is my first MWS cruise. I've got my Day One shirt and getting into Montreal 7/6 in the morning. My sister is going with me. She went to the Nashville event, so she gets a special jacket and Meet and Greet with MWS, but I'll have to wait until next time :( Oh well. I'm sure I'll have a great time anyways.

Do you have any excursions planned? We are debating Charlottetown and Sydney excursions and plan to walk Halifax and Quebec City. Have Oli's Trolley booked for Bar Harbor already.

If you like the thermal lounge chairs (my wife loves them), then the Maasdam's thermal suite deal is worth it. If you are into the hydro pool thing, skip it as it is just a slightly larger whirlpool.

I think the costs of the cruise long deal is cheaper on the Maasdam class of ships than on the Vista class ships because of this.

DaveOKC

Those tile loungers were marvelous. Dh and I got the special for the entire 20 days. It amused me greatly that one of the songs played was a Neil Young song where one of the lines was about getting high. I knew that after I heard that song a second time, it was time to get off the lounger.

By the way, watching sail aways from those loungers was a great way to end the time in port. I didn't get to it every day, but it was a peaceful alternative to the parties on Lido aft.

Archived