a scathing report on the Summit

Boy am I disapointed, this is our 4th day on board the Summit, on our way to Alaska. Below is my evaluation of the cruise so far.

Embarcadation in Saqn Diego: excellent, on board at 11 am

condition of the Summit: excellent , the ship is not shabby or in need of repairs.

service excellent, no rude staff

Food: very good and excellent at the Normandi

Rude passengers: None, including old people, young people or handicaped.

Smoking: no problems ( maybe thats because I am a Smoker)

What a bummer, I have got nothing to complain about, we are just having a great cruise

Phil

Boy am I disapointed, this is our 4th day on board the Summit, on our way to Alaska. Below is my evaluation of the cruise so far.

Embarcadation in Saqn Diego: excellent, on board at 11 am

condition of the Summit: excellent , the ship is not shabby or in need of repairs.

service excellent, no rude staff

Food: very good and excellent at the Normandi

Rude passengers: None, including old people, young people or handicaped.

Smoking: no problems ( maybe thats because I am a Smoker)

What a bummer, I have got nothing to complain about, we are just having a great cruise

Phil

You know Phil, I should come there and beat you. When I saw the heading of your post, I got all upset because I will be on Summit in 60 days (take good care of her). I already had visions of horror dancing through my mind that I just had wasted my hard earned savings on a lousy cruise.

Not that I could ever believe a cruise on an M Class Celebrity ship could be lousy.

I am so sorry you have nothing to complain about.

How is the Martini Bar???? Did you have a Van Gogh Martini?

Anne Maria

Hey, Phil, Glad the weather cooperated for your visit to our fine City! Sorry about the cruise- if you want, you can come to my office and finnish my work day, while I take your place on the ship- I'm just tryin gto help out!:D

hi, Phil, great way to get some attention :) We will be on the dock waving you in when you arrive in Seattle on Wednesday ... it's become an annual tradition for us to come watch Summit pull in on the northbound repo ... hoping the showers will stop by then :) so you all can maximize your day here -- TR

When I saw the headline I thought, well here we go again. I am really glad you are having a great cruise; as a fellow Californian you are having not so nice weather where you live. Lots of snow, rain, hail, etc even here in Modesto they reported a funnel cloud. Enjoy yourself in Alaska, probably weather better there than here.

Marilyn

Geeeezzz Louise Phil:eek: ya scared the crap outa me too!

quote:"You know Phil, I should come there and beat you. When I saw the heading of your post, I got all upset because I will be on Summit in 60 days (take good care of her). I already had visions of horror dancing through my mind that I just had wasted my hard earned savings on a lousy cruise."

Me too~Me too!!!! I have 5 months till I sail her.......and was thinking, OH MY GOD...What now???

Anne Maria.....next time he does this, I will tell Marti to throw him overboard:D

I hope to have the same problems you are currently experiencing when my wife and I sail on the Summit on September 16th to Alaska. It is just horrible what Celebrity has done to its passengers. The pampering, wonderful service, excellent food, and beautiful design. What is one to do when returning home and all the comfort has been left behind. I hope your suffering continues!

Tom

Anne Marie

Believe me You have nothing too worry about and yes I did have several of the Van Gough Martinis.

Phil

Phil, I am so jealous. Good for you!!! Just make sure you leave some for me!!!:p

Lois, if he does do that again, he will have all of us to contend with!!!:D

Blazerboy, you life in SF and didn't take me out when I was there 3 weeks ago? I am so hurt!!!! :(

Anne Maria

Lois R, ......When do u sail in October, the 9th or 10th....we are in Phoenix on Oct 8/9 returning home on the evening of the 9th. If you sail on the 10th, I'll buy you breakfast in Long Beach. What about your return to LB, when are you flying home?

Ron

Phil -- do you know if Easton is still in the Martini Lounge? He is from Jamaica and he was wonderful on our trip in March. I'm just not sure if he was doing the Alaska run.

I'm so glad Summit is still in the fine shape she was in last March when we were on her.

Lucy

Anne Marie, if I'm not good for much else, I'm always good for a cocktail- you just have to give me notice!:)

(Bad Pun Alert!) If I'd known that Phil and Marti were available today, I could have driven over in the stationwagon, and taken 'em to Wendy's for a cup o' chili.:D But I thought Phil might give me the finger....:eek:

Good to know that we left the ship in such lousy condition for you. Just got off

on Friday after 14 days of the same terrible treatment. Consistency is so important

in a service business. We will probably be at the pier in Victoria when you come in

so that we can cry some more. Hope you can survive the next 11 days.

Cliff

Anne Marie, if I'm not good for much else, I'm always good for a cocktail- you just have to give me notice!:)

(Bad Pun Alert!) If I'd known that Phil and Marti were available today, I could have driven over in the stationwagon, and taken 'em to Wendy's for a cup o' chili.:D But I thought Phil might give me the finger....:eek:

Yes, we did hear allot about the Wendy's incident when we were on the Left Coast. We loved San Francisco and there was this candy store way down on Fisherman's Wharf that was going out of business, why I don't know because they had the BEST Chocolate Truffles we've ever had. I have the name of the place at home.

Don't know when we will get to San Francisco again, but next time I will give you plenty of warning.

Anne Maria

You devil;)

Now I know what we have to look forward to in March! Glad to hear you and Marti are surviving. Oh well, I know it may be tough but I only hope you can stand the rest of your cruise.

Joan

Hi Ron:) I arrive on the 9th....thanks for the breakfast offer but am staying with my cruisebuddie at the Hilton LongBeach~how about maybe if the 4 of us get together? (It wouldn't be nice for me to leave her)....I am sure you can understand that:)

I already have plans for Sunday night too:D Linda&Gerald are having dinner with me and Mari (cruisebud). You and Marie are more than welcome to join us if you want.

Return flight leaves LA at 1:30 on the 17th.

Phil, hope you have an excellent Sommilier:D

Archived