Review of FOOD on Riviera 6/17 Lisbon to Rome(Work in progress)

reposado

When we were in French Polynesia in Bora Bora the chef went to the local market to pick up 2 huge tunas and a swordfish ...displayed in all its splendour at the Terrace Cafe .i ordered a piece of both grilled to perfection plus the chef made me a very special spicy salad to go with it .It was delicious ...a few veggies..earing outdoors in front of Bora bora under the stars and moon .....now what could be better ?loved it

Because

I froze in the dining room almost every time I went ..i opted to eat here most nights ....after that ..it was awesome to eat al fresco ..and choose my stuff .i never did go back to the dining room ...upstairs was more to my taste as nothing was a surprise

Really enjoyed food there ...plus the fact that they serve you meant less waste and smaller portions ..i like that ...

Wow! I just came across this thread after I posted a question comparing Hal's food to O's. Looking at these pictures gave me the answer that I have been looking for.

Thanks

Great Thread! We just got off the Feb 3 - 13 Rivieria cruise and now 1-1/2 weeks later I'm actually able to start eating again. This thread is priming me for the September 27, 2015 Greek Isles cruise on Riveria we're going on next.

I noted that the OP mentioned the lobster at the Waves Grill was sometimes "rubbery." That's because the lobster there is "Caribbean Lobster," NOT the Maine Lobster that is served in the evening restaurants. The Caribbean (warm-water) lobster is also a little bit "dirty tasting" compared to the cold-water Maine lobster. Big difference in both taste and texture.